Project forums > Q-Gears

Interested in trying to contribute to Q Gears

(1/4) > >>

Sebanisu:
I have an Associates in Software Application Programming. I was taught command line C++, Visual Basic 6 and some Java. I'm not really experienced. Lately my skills have been used in messing with PHP and Python. And, my job has nothing to do with programming.

I have tried to code a game engine before. It was a clone of ARC. I wrote it with C++ and SDL 1.2. It worked, but it was slow. And, I never finished it. I told my self, I was going to wait for SDL 1.3 or 2.0. The one that was updated to use newer hardware acceleration. I poked at trying to use opengl. But I didn't understand how to take a 2d top down game like ARC and port it to a 3d engine.

Since you guys are short handed, and I am off 3/4 days a week. Maybe I could lend a hand. I don't know how much time it'd take to get up to speed, though.

I guess the first step would be to compile it on my system.

I was wondering what IDE you guys recommend for Windows. I last used Visual Studio Express 2005 or something.

I spent a whole evening reading old posts, and I couldn't sign up at the time. I hope I can help.

I have 3 copies of FF7 (Steam, Original PC, PSX version). I have FF8 (Steam and PSX) and FF9, I had FFX lost it, I have FFX-2 though. Oh yeah I have FFXII as well almost forgot.

I think I'll just focus on compiling it this week.

My System Specs:
Window 7 64bit Home Premium
AMD Phenom X4 2.30 Ghz
6 GBs of ram
nVidia Geforce 465 GTX

LeonhartGR:
Maybe you should try to come in contact with Akari. :)

sithlord48:
Q-gears comes with a workspace file for use in CodeBlocks. (http://www.codeblocks.org/) .

the Build system has been switching over to Cmake and now builds completely with cmake so if your IDE supports importing from Cmake files your good to go.

Sebanisu:

--- Code: ---The procedure entry point __gxx_peronality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll
--- End code ---
man trying to find a place to store an image is a pain.

Flickr and Google have no way to embed images anymore.

First I got all the files cloned to my pc. I set the paths and all. I used cmake. Then I tried Visual Studio bah. Errors and warnings. I saw later you guys were using code blocks and so I swapped to that. Eventually After realizing I needed to build boost and everything. It all compiled in code blocks 0 errors and like 500 warnings. Then I tried to run it. I copied the dlls from the boost folder because it said it couldn't find them. Then Tried again and got the above error in the picture...

I kinda taking a break. for the rest of the day.

Sebanisu:
From what I gather I may need to compile ogre using the same libraries that i'm using to compile Q-Gears. I didn't want to have to go that far. As who knows how many depencencies, I'll need to download, to make that compile :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version