Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

Installing disc copies of FF7 on Windows 10

<< < (3/6) > >>

Insight:

--- Quote from: RedManMark86 on 2015-08-08 22:10:57 ---This isn't about the releases, this is for the original CD version

--- End quote ---

ah ic, now i understand.  :roll: sorry for mixing it up <_<

-Ric-:
Damn! I just picked up the game from my pile and decided to give it another playthrough and i can't install it because of windows 10... has anyone figured out any workaround?

yarLson:
you can install windows 7 or 8 install the game then upgrade to windows 10 through there.  I still have my 7 install doing in that way so that should work for others too

Covarr:

--- Quote from: yarLson on 2015-08-24 23:34:55 ---you can install windows 7 or 8 install the game then upgrade to windows 10 through there.  I still have my 7 install doing in that way so that should work for others too

--- End quote ---
This is good to know. Since nobody else has said or done anything about this, I think I'll get started on a replacement installer myself later tonight. No guarantee on when I'll have it done, and I can't promise any special features beyond simply installing the game, but this shouldn't be too hard.

Tom:
We should sticky this thread since it contains critical information on running the game

Don't worry I'm working on the Installer Remake (and have been for a while)!

The installer should be 1:1 to the original and will come in 2 versions. One that runs from your HDD and installs from disc and another that can be burned onto the disc (conver to iso, add installer to iso via patch and re burn)

Its based on a Q-Gears installer however will work on stock ff7 (and will have 100% original texts so ignore the Q-Gears label up top)

Kaldarasha my updated FF7Config will be included in this update as an option (selectable on the screen where you select if you want DirectShow installed)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version