Miscellaneous Forums > Scripting and Reverse Engineering

[FF7 PC] Full source code reversing project?

<< < (3/19) > >>

paul:
Wow pretty interesting stuff!

Also:

"To give you an idea of how far I went, let's say that except for the Battle system (the biggest of all), the Condor Fort system and part of the Menu system related to the battle system, I could reverse all the executable file to C source code (some parts harder to read than others) and recompile to a runnable file. Which means that the fun starts ... now !"

So you can compile your source and get a binary that runs the game - except for battles? Seems quite extreme to go to the level of completely binary compatibility!

DLPB_:
I need the submarine game, I'd find that very very interesting. See, from what i could tell, there is a TON of unused/dupe data in there.  And very strange goings on.  I think originally they were planning yo have 5 distinct difficulties with different time limits... but ran out of time.

Covarr:

--- Quote from: ergonomy_joe on 2015-12-19 07:01:34 ---(though I don't understand why posting reversed data is less infringing than posting reversed code)

--- End quote ---
If you mean things like extracted/converted models, etc., we don't allow that to be posted here either.

KnifeTheSky77:
Wow, that is really impressive. How much time has it taken you to get to this point?

Where can I look at more of this code?

This 'reversed' code is really no different than recreating the backgrounds, which are allowed. You look at it, analyse it and recreate it by your own means.

Kaldarasha:

--- Quote from: KnifeTheSky77 on 2015-12-19 17:28:19 ---Wow, that is really impressive. How much time has it taken you to get to this point?

Where can I look at more of this code?

This 'reversed' code is really no different than recreating the backgrounds, which are allowed. You look at it, analyse it and recreate it by your own means.

--- End quote ---

I do agree. It is like as if you would show a part of a picture but not the picture itself. Also the code by itself doesn't run the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version