Author Topic: Just finished playing FF1 for the first time and I really liked it ?  (Read 4081 times)

JuanMaddox

• View Profile
I know that the recommend version is usually one of the remakes, but I decided I wanted to get some perspective on the series's beginning in its original form so I went for the NES version. And it was rough, yeah. It was very rough.

Once I got past that initial confusion of the first hour or so (I struggled like hell to get to Level 2 because I didn't realize you had to manually equip armor since when you buy something the shopkeeper asks "Who do you want to take the armor?" so I assumed it auto-equipped to the character you responded with), though, I had a lot of fun. I really liked the magic system, the dungeons felt varied, I liked the classes, and I loved the spritework and music. I went in with low expectations, but I ended up regularly looking forward to what the next dungeon and boss would be like....

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
It’s good that you were willing to go back to the roots. The official original has its charms and its flaws. Half the game is broken, but so many things are so gratifying to experience. The music is amazing and killing the bosses feels really satisfying.
Now go play the PSP/mobile edition and see why those are clearly the definitive version. :)

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
If you get used to its limitations, the only part of the original I would define as nightmarish was the Ice Cave.  Who thought sticking one-hit death enemies as RANDOM ENCOUNTERS in a game where you can't revive dead members outside of town until after that dungeon was a good idea?

JuanMaddox

• View Profile
I know that the recommend version is usually one of the remakes, but I decided I wanted to get some perspective on the series's beginning in its original form so I went for the NES version. And it was rough, yeah. It was very rough.omegle discord xender

Once I got past that initial confusion of the first hour or so (I struggled like hell to get to Level 2 because I didn't realize you had to manually equip armor since when you buy something the shopkeeper asks "Who do you want to take the armor?" so I assumed it auto-equipped to the character you responded with), though, I had a lot of fun. I really liked the magic system, the dungeons felt varied, I liked the classes, and I loved the spritework and music. I went in with low expectations, but I ended up regularly looking forward to what the next dungeon and boss would be like....
my issue has been solved
Thankyou

shivroop

• View Profile
I know that the recommend version is usually one of the remakes, but I decided I wanted to get some perspective on the series's beginning in its original form so I went for the NES version. And it was rough, yeah. It was very rough.

Once I got past that initial confusion of the first hour or so (I struggled like hell to get to Level 2 because I didn't realize you had to manually equip armor ometv bazoocam.onl chathub since when you buy something the shopkeeper asks "Who do you want to take the armor?" so I assumed it auto-equipped to the character you responded with), though, I had a lot of fun. I really liked the magic system, the dungeons felt varied, I liked the classes, and I loved the spritework and music. I went in with low expectations, but I ended up regularly looking forward to what the next dungeon and boss would be like....
thank you soo much
error has been solved successfully.

AKIRA

• View Profile
I'm not sure who still uses this or have read this thread but sadly i'm late coming across it :cry: i'm wondering if anybody still has this 3d model of the balamb garden?