Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul

<< < (2/20) > >>

Bonez:

--- Quote from: Hypnotic Mind on 2021-01-18 17:02:45 ---I'm currently having problems getting the music to play after installing the updated FFNx driver 1.8.1.13+.  I've set the settings correctly on the FFNx.toml file and removed the "#" as mentioned.  The sound effects suite all work but only the default music plays.  The music mods I use are the the Tsuna Arranged and the EDMusic, and I used to use the Symphonic Redux mod before this, now they don't load at all even by themselves.  I also get the black screen blinking throughout the game.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

--- End quote ---

This isn't related to this mod, but to get music mods to work with the new FFNx, you need to enable external music and set the path for external music to "music/vgmstream", similar to how you did for the sfx. The next 7H release will not require all this, btw...

The black blinking thing is apparently an AMD issue. I don't know anything about it as I use intel... I do experience blinking if I use the program Borderless Gaming to make the game borderless, however. But that seems to be a Borderless Gaming issue.

Dark_Ansem:
Sorry for the question, but how did you actually replace the sound effects?

AuthenticM:
This is a cool project, Bonez. Congrats!

Are there videos showing the new sound effects in action? I'd love to see your mod in action.

Bonez:

--- Quote from: AuthenticM on 2021-03-03 14:07:09 ---This is a cool project, Bonez. Congrats!

Are there videos showing the new sound effects in action? I'd love to see your mod in action.

--- End quote ---
My Youtube channel has a few videos of tests as well as previews for the original mods, which while outdated are still largely included in this one.
https://www.youtube.com/user/WTurner859/videos
I also post a lot more updates on the discord than I do here.

--- Quote from: Dark_Ansem on 2021-03-03 09:44:48 ---Sorry for the question, but how did you actually replace the sound effects?

--- End quote ---
Tediously. Very tediously.

daedrixx2:
Sorry if my post isn't strictly inherent to the topic.

Is there a chance you could possibly upload a vanilla sfx pack for those of us who prefer the original sfx?
You see, the stock sfx playback engine of the game is bugged, and while FFNx has a sfx playback engine with those bugs fixed, it still requires a sfx pack to begin with.
I tried extracting the sfx myself with the old FF7SND (I couldn't get the new version of FF7SND working despite having installed .NET 5 x64 and x86, and having my antivirus off) and with cosmo095c, but after a few battles the game always crashes (if I only play in a field without entering battle mode the game runs fine).
Since you've so much experience with sfx modding, and your modded sfx pack works good, you surely know how to extract the sfx in a way that doesn't make FFNx crash.
That's why I'm asking you.

Thanks anyway  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version