Author Topic: Change ff7.exe Icon?  (Read 3662 times)

Palmtree

Change ff7.exe Icon?
« on: 2007-06-13 17:20:40 »
Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible to change the original ff7 icon with one I just created. I spent a few hours making a better icon with alpha blending/transparency but I'm not sure how I would go about using it.

I remember I used a program called reshacker (I think) years ago to change an icon, but after updating it, the program wouldn't work anymore. Any suggestions?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Change ff7.exe Icon?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-13 17:29:50 »
If you've got Visual Studio, you can open an exe file with it and change it's icon.

Palmtree

« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-13 17:32:57 »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try next time I install Visual Studio... it takes about 2 hours to install on my laptop, so maybe I'll start it when I go to sleep :)

nope

• nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-13 20:11:00 »
Resource hacker can do it too.

Palmtree

« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-14 21:13:12 »
resource hacker was what I originally tried (for another project) and it rendered the executable... un-executable. After your suggestion I figured I'd try it again just for the hell of it, and it worked :D Thanks :)

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-16 08:06:19 »
Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible to change the original ff7 icon with one I just created. I spent a few hours making a better icon with alpha blending/transparency but I'm not sure how I would go about using it.

I remember I used a program called reshacker (I think) years ago to change an icon, but after updating it, the program wouldn't work anymore. Any suggestions?

I find it a lot simpler to just to it to a shortcut to the exe, but I might want to try that myself anyways :D