Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

[Tutorial] How to Use Aali's lgp/unlgp Program

(1/5) > >>

DarkFang:
In this example I will be using the battle.lgp file and be applying the Advent Children Cloud mod made my kula wende.

Instructions:
1. Download Aali's lgp/unlgp program from here.
2. Make a folder on your desktop and name it Aali.
3. Extract lgp.exe and unlgp.exe to the Aali folder on your desktop.
4. Go into C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle and copy the battle.lgp then put it in the Aali folder on your desktop.
5. Inside the Aali folder, create another folder called battle. Don't to anything in this yet.
5. Open a CMD window by going to Start -> Run -> Type in cmd -> hit ok
6. In the CMD window, type in "cd Desktop\Aali" (without the quotes)
7. Type in "unlgp battle.lgp" (without the quotes)
8. Wait until it's finished extracting. It should say successfully extracted.
9. Copy ALL the extracted files into the battle folder inside the Aali folder. They are all four letters long and have no extension. They go from aaaa to smda.
10. Download the Advent Children Cloud mod from here. (link removed)
11. Extract the contents to your desktop.
12. Go into Custom Ac Cloud and then into the battle folder. Copy all the files (from rtaa to rtda) and put them in the Aali -> battle folder. Be sure to overwrite all files.
13. Go into Custom Ac Cloud, into the battle folder, then into the final battle folder. Copy all files (siaa to sida) and put them in the Aali -> battle folder. Be sure to overwrite all files.
14. Open a CMD window by going to Start -> Run -> Type in cmd -> hit ok
15. In the CMD window, type in "cd Desktop\Aali" (without the quotes)
16. Type in "lgp battle battle.lgp" (without the quotes) This will overwrite the current one in your Aali folder.
17. Go into C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle and backup the battle.lgp file. This can be done by renaming the battle.lgp to backup_battle.lgp.
18. Copy the newly made battle.lgp (the one created in the Aali folder) into C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle and be sure to overwrite it.
19. You have successfully installed the Advent Children Cloud mod!

Video Tutorial Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQA_H7g9ho
Video Tutorial Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btax3k0wQ54

Kranmer:
DarkFang nice tutorial, i have actually just made a quick automatic UNLGP and LGP installer so it will help people so they wont need these steps, check it out if your interested, it should make it a bit easier.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zxj5iyzzmwi
just run that and you can select what LGP's to either UNLGP or rebuild, it will automatically detect the FF7 folder and extact whichever LGP you select to a folder with the same name, so battle.lgp is extracted to a new folder called battlelpg, then once its done it will open the folder in windows explorer,
And when rebuilding it will make a backup of the existing LGP (it makes a backup then if you run it again it renames the first backup so you can keep 2 backups) then replace the original with the new one.
This should also work with all versions of windows, but with win7 and vista make sure to run as ADMIN or turn UAC off.

salem123:
don't worry dark fang i will create the video for you

sl1982:

--- Quote from: kranmer on 2010-06-02 15:42:30 ---DarkFang nice tutorial, i have actually just made a quick automatic UNLGP and LGP installer so it will help people so they wont need these steps, check it out if your interested, it should make it a bit easier.
just run that and you can select what LGP's to either UNLGP or rebuild, it will automatically detect the FF7 folder and extact whichever LGP you select to a folder with the same name, so battle.lgp is extracted to a new folder called battlelpg, then once its done it will open the folder in windows explorer,
And when rebuilding it will make a backup of the existing LGP (it makes a backup then if you run it again it renames the first backup so you can keep 2 backups) then replace the original with the new one.
This should also work with all versions of windows, but with win7 and vista make sure to run as ADMIN or turn UAC off.

--- End quote ---

Thank God! Maybe we wont have to explain this stuff for the 1000th time again.

DarkFang:

--- Quote from: kranmer on 2010-06-02 15:42:30 ---DarkFang nice tutorial, i have actually just made a quick automatic UNLGP and LGP installer so it will help people so they wont need these steps, check it out if your interested, it should make it a bit easier.

--- End quote ---

Oh I didn't realize this. I'll go install it now.

Oh I thought it actually installed something on your computer. It's pretty good I guess. I think I'll use Aali's though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version