Author Topic: lgp extraction troubles  (Read 3697 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
lgp extraction troubles
« on: 2008-06-02 08:00:36 »
I just got my official ff7 pc game off ebay did the max install and the game plays great. I decided to try the mods i saw on youtube and hit a snag. Seems I can't get an extraction tool that actual works. I want to use the NPC patch or the Reunion patch but  lgptools has  weird shell directory errors and highwind just starts not responding and doesn't go any further. Please help me to extract my char files, maybe there is a protection on official versions not on the bootlegs. I'm using a new dual core pc running vista so my machine is sound I just need a better extraction program or better tutorials for the others. :mrgreen:

Destiny

• View Profile
Re: lgp extraction troubles
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-07 10:02:57 »
Remember that some times even if you notice that the pc is not responding, just wait a few seconds and all will come to normal, with all files extracted. Even if i noticed some problems in windows vista.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-07 18:11:48 »
In LGP Tools you can just click no when that Message Box appears and you can use it...

And for Highwind, when does not to respond? After startup or after you click on extract?
Just wait some time and it should work.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-09 15:58:55 »
Thanks patience truelly is a virtue. I got the char extracted and patched with the NPC patch and successfully repacked, the game runs fine still and the non playable characters in the game have been upgraded. Now how do I get my party characters to look the same I was under the impression this pactch also modded them.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-09 19:15:19 »
My bad that was not the last version of NPC RP. Now it's up and running but Vistas compatability files were a nightmare to figure out. :-D

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-09 19:16:38 »
Can't wait for the final version of NPCRP. :D

:S