Author Topic: FF8- Adding model to chara.one file  (Read 2874 times)

piano221

• View Profile
FF8- Adding model to chara.one file
« on: 2021-04-10 03:46:03 »
    Hello,

I am a beginner to create mods. I started modifying ff ix a few weeks ago and never had any other experience related to this. I am also French, which adds a difficulty for me to communicate.

A big thank you to the many programmers who helped me on discord, I have a lot of admiration for all the work you're doing so it can be  intimidating to ask questions, knowing that I have a hard time mastering the subject .

I learned to use the deling editor of myst6re to modify the game, apply new textures, etc ...

Trying to make a Edea and Rinoa main character mod.
    Problem is, since every fields have there own chara.one file, sometime the character I want is missing (example Edea's model is not in any fields of Balamb).

How can I hex edit to add the character to the chara.one file?

I tried to replace the fields, tried Berrymapper, searched the forum.

« Last Edit: 2021-04-10 19:54:20 by piano221 »

NicoChirry

• View Profile
Re: FF8- Adding model to chara.one file
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-22 12:43:04 »
Did u ever find out how to do this? I would also like to know how to do this for a character replacement mod?

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2023-05-22 18:26:23 »
Ok so seems u have to extract a char.one file from a field with the character u want to use then hex edit the character and animations from one char.one file to all the others u want that character model to be. I’m unsure what hex to take and add though.Also don’t know how animations would work for a character replacement.

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-05-27 13:36:57 »
There’s is a breakdown on wiki page for chara.one file but i can’t for the life of me figure out what offsets I need to copy.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-27 20:19:36 by NicoChirry »