Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245601 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Are you going to add my menu mod to this?  Since it is now made for the normal game too  8-)

Celebite

Hi, I'm quite new here an just want to say id like to be a new helper towards modeling old to new characters, this week is first iv really known about this site, and I'm thrilled to know there is as many fans that love this game to mod so well :)
iv looked at the videos of this remix 2.5.1 an its looks amazing but this is were my problem lies iv tried to download the remix patch once, but had to cancel due to not be in able to leave it on all night. When i try to download the file again it wont allow me giving me an error: "403 Forbidden" it says i need permission and also an internal server error 500 :S iv been mighty confused but if its permission i need may some one help me, id be much appreciative and would do my best to try mod a few characters that need to be done with joy :)

I'm only modifying this msg to say i managed to find a way to download it :) i believe my isp is causing me problems downloading sometimes. after rebooting my PC i tried to download immediately an voila it worked, sorry for a repeat post too i did eventually manage to find post regarding the same problem :) hope my problem fix may help another just hope it fully downloads now :D
« Last Edit: 2010-09-23 17:11:58 by Celebite »

Rageous

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for all the hard work. I've had this game for 12 years and never known about the mod community. Unfortunately I can't get the remix pack working. Here's the scenario:

- Fresh install from FFVII source disk (Platinum Edition) on a brand new Win7 64-bit Ultimate install.
- Installed remix patch following directions specifically, both registry entries were successful.
- Initially had trouble locating discs after I'd created ISOs to play locally, changing the drive letters in the registry entry fixed that.
- Game loads to a blank screen that eventually forces me to quit out. Here's my APP.LOG dump:

Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 1280x1024
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

I have attempting no other mods at this point, other than downloading the latest ff7_opengl driver and verifying everything looks to be in order. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Aali

• View Profile
"Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0"

How about installing some graphics drivers? That is the microsoft software renderer, even if you got it working it would be so slow as to be completely unplayable. If you do have a proper graphics driver installed, odds are you don't have permission to use it.

Rageous

That was it (oversight on my part, none of this computer's original CDs are anywhere to be found), so video on the intro screen now loads and it goes to the New Game/Continue screen, promptly freezing with no input allowed (I have to fire up Task Manager and quit everything). I tried this fix and all it does is light up the Continue option. Also, there's no sound up till this point. Should there be?

Current LOG:

Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 7300 LE/PCI/SSE2 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 1280x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

squallff8ppv

I like this version very much but i meet this error:
when i double click on the shortcut of FFVII remix, then appear 3 windows ( one of them is CMD window, another are the same, when i play on the main window, the keyboard which i pressed is effective to another window , sometimes it's make me lose the save, when i'm playing. ( when i shutdown one of two windows, i can't hear the music anymore, only sound effective. But if i don't shutdown i still hear the music normally.

(My English isn't good enough, sorry).
« Last Edit: 2010-09-25 15:27:24 by squallff8ppv »

Yoshenkz

download link isn't working.

vicrato75

PLEASE FIX THE LINK!!!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I'm positive that titeguy knows the link is broken. Whining about it isn't gonna change anything. Either he'll fix it on his own time, or he won't at all, and that's all there is to it.

Dark_Jack

links doesn't work...  :(

lemor

maybe someone can put the file on another host (the current one is experiencing some difficulties, probably got hacked) or setup a torrent for some time.
i really want the remix, cant wait to play this game  with better graphics after 10 years since i last played the game.

Wilus

the links does not work...  has someone here the 2.5.1 patch for Final Fantasy 7, made by titeguy3? if someone has it, can he/she send it to MegaUpload and then, post here the download link?  :) ;D

thanks!

AlephNaut

• View Profile
MegaUpload won't solve this problem. It oughta be uploaded via torrent.

chiXu

If this isn't able to be linked to again, does anyone know of a posted list of mods (Preferably updated) to get FF7 looking as good as possible?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I know that the link is down...it's only temporary, though.

And no, torrenting this would not be a good idea.. torrents need seeds else they'd die. If I used a torrent (which I've done before) I'd get a million and one comments begging me to "OMG GAIZ PLZ SEED I'M STUCK AT 99%"

Wilus

only temporary...

chiXu

It seems the website where this file was being hosted, mmowned.org, is back up and running though the file itself is still unavailable <,<

Vosler

Hey I discover recently this website and more precisely your Remix compilation and I have to say that I have spent many time to make it run correctly. Now all seems to be good and I just want to thanks all of you guys who are contributing to make these community living and making all these awesome mod. I'm modder for Bethesda's game, we can't comparate the work but I know that each kind of modding need a lot of work and I have to say that talent here and the work which done are really impressive !!! Keep the good work guys  ;-)

I have to apologise if I've made some linguistics mistake  :roll:

Your avatar has been removed because I don't like it taking up half my screen.  If you would like to have one keep it small.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 20:39:08 by obesebear »

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
I'm almost finished getting the site back up, sorry about the downtime

In the meantime: http://fire.snigsclan.com/dragon/tite/
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 03:17:20 by Dragonshadow »

chiXu

Is there a maximum compatible resolution with this? I edited the file as instructed set the resolution at 1280*1024 and the game crashed when trying to start up. Changing the res to 1280*960 and it works fine.. though i know my grahpics card and monitor can both go much, much higher.

Wilus

Thanks guy, i need it so much!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

Dude, I used to hang out at snigsclan.com. Those guys are freakin' crazy.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile

Dude, I used to hang out at snigsclan.com. Those guys are freakin' crazy.

That's my clan's domain (my subdomain), I manage all of the stuff :)

chiXu

Another bit of a strange one i happened across..

The motorbike chase scene during the escape from Shinra HQ, i don't know how i passed it without everyone dying but it was in super speed, 10 times faster than it should have been. Any ideas how to resolve that as i'm fairly certain it will be a problem with minigames :s

space_wolf

Hello everyone!

I just discovered this whole FF7 Modding Community recently and would like to thank all of those modders for putting so much effort in their fantastic work. Since I'm very unexperienced in modding games I downloaded and installed the remix 2.5.1 patch. Since I own the german version of the game, I also downloaded the greman patch. But here's where my trouble begins: When I run the installer, the cmd.exe opens and shows the message "Make sure that you have your FFVII install disc in the reader." When I enter anything, a window pops up saying that there's no cd in the  reader even though I've put the FFVII Install disc in it. I also tried mounting the game, but I get the same message. Does anybody know a way to solve this problem?