Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX/PC] Field Importer/Exporter - PuPu (v2.1)

<< < (2/10) > >>

Omzy:

--- Quote from: Mendelevium on 2012-08-19 18:47:49 ---Might I ask why the openGL driver (which I assume is Aali's) doesn't work? It seems like a curious problem :O.

--- End quote ---
OpenGL is a different beast, which I have no knowledge of. Aali is the developer of the OpenGL driver for FF7/FF8 and his hard work has paid off for all of us. It is apparently a lot tougher to read backgrounds into OpenGL in FF8 than in FF7, so for now, there is no driver support. When that eventually comes around, however, we'll be ready for it.

Mendelevium:
Programming seems to be a bit more complicated than I thought @_@.
Nevertheless, you have done several great things, and I for one am extremely grateful.
I didn't mean to pass off as rude, if that was the case. I was genuinely curious :)
I eagerly await any and all updates that are sure to come! :).

Omzy:

--- Quote from: Mendelevium on 2012-08-19 22:24:53 ---Programming seems to be a bit more complicated than I thought @_@.
Nevertheless, you have done several great things, and I for one am extremely grateful.
I didn't mean to pass off as rude, if that was the case. I was genuinely curious :)
I eagerly await any and all updates that are sure to come! :).

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the support--you definitely didn't come off as rude. Asking questions is the only way any of us learn  :wink:

Mendelevium:
Learning is the fruit of life, or said an old weird English teacher of mine once. :).
And the support is well deserved. I tried dabbling in programming once, for a whole year; but my mind just couldn't process things like bytes and hex data. Went right over my head. All I could do was basic Java stuff and made a very "Dumbed down" text game. I essentially treated the computer like it knew nothing and scripted every event out by hand, and didn't know how to do algorithms :P. I had a bad teacher, is probably why...

So seeing what you folks can do is at times baffling, and very impressive. :). So as I said before, support that is very well placed.

Omzy:
I remember trying to learn programming in high school. A big mess. The best way to learn is to teach yourself. Pretty much every project I do, I have to learn a new programming language and new concepts. I learned if/then statements and loops in a classroom years ago, but I learned how to work with binary/hex files from my ff7 modding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version