Project forums > FF7Voice

Important note for game script staff

<< < (2/2)

dziugo:
Ah yes. If there are more speeches attached to a single dialog, you specify them by a subid.

First dialog is [F:117:30:0] (or simply [F:117:30] as in the previous example), the second "screen" would be [F:117:30:1]. The reason for "" is, that it will not necessary be a new screen - I also have to take into consideration dialogs which wait for user input to show next line in the same window (example -> "Watch out! [PAUSE] This isn't just a reactor!"). Easy way to mess all the dialogs with the same Id, but I'll try to think of something to avoid those errors.

Btw, all the hooks (field, world, fmv, battle) are working ok, but I'm still testing the software and writing "the other program" we spoke about. I'll drop you a PM when I got a release candidate :)

Marc:
I'm looking forward to it.

So if I understood correctly, the files should be named like this (I've substituted 0 and 1 for the sub-ID by a,b,c, etc. as its easier to tell them apart) :

ancnt3-95-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-96-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-97a-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-97b-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-98-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-99-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-100-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-101a-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-101b-cloud.mp3

As for the example you quoted of "watch out.  CHOICE.  this isn't just a reactor" that's an odd way of handling it.  Is it frequent ?  If it's rare we *could* just put in a silence.  Or the easier way might just be to modify these occurrences to insert the NEW PAGE tag and split them into two parts bypassing the issue.

I'll also be in the boonies for the next week for job related purposes and I'll have nothing better to do during the evenings so if you need me to test something, I'll be happy to oblige.

dziugo:

--- Quote from: Marcis on 2008-08-17 15:35:32 ---So if I understood correctly, the files should be named like this (I've substituted 0 and 1 for the sub-ID by a,b,c, etc. as its easier to tell them apart) :

ancnt3-95-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-96-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-97a-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-97b-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-98-sephiroth.mp3
ancnt3-99-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-100-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-101a-cloud.mp3
ancnt3-101b-cloud.mp3
--- End quote ---
Fine by me.

--- Quote from: Marcis on 2008-08-17 15:35:32 ---As for the example you quoted of "watch out.  CHOICE.  this isn't just a reactor" that's an odd way of handling it.  Is it frequent ?  If it's rare we *could* just put in a silence.  Or the easier way might just be to modify these occurrences to insert the NEW PAGE tag and split them into two parts bypassing the issue.
--- End quote ---
I've PMed you about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version