Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245716 times)

sawsix

hello!! i'm from THAILAND Nice to know you

ืำneed Final Fantasy VII Remix v2.5.1 Installer

http://yama.mmowned.org/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe
LINK 404 Not Found

ืneed LINK other THANK please please please:cry: :cry: :cry:
« Last Edit: 2010-10-06 20:03:53 by sawsix »

Vosler

Hi all !!!

I've installed the remix patch 2.5.1 since a few days and all worked fine but I've just leave Midgard for the first time and I have perhaps a little issue :

- my caracter in the world map is the chibi old one, and I'd like to know if it's normal ? And if it's not the case how can I fix it? I have the normal one (the new one with "high res" as soon as I go to a place like town or others, but as soon as I go on world map I have the old one >.<). I saw on videos  that normally it suppose to be the high model one.

After installed the patch the only things I've change was the flevel.lgp file, that I have replace by the original one (the french one from my FF7) to keep the french dialog.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for your hard work,

Vosler  ;)

AlephNaut

• View Profile
Thanks so much for the new link!

13Treize

Hey guys, thanks for creating all these mods and thanks to titeguy for compiling them into one easy install file for those of us who want to keep things simple. :)

Now, time for the newb question. I guess this has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find anything useful after searching the forum archives for 20-30 minutes. I'm having some trouble regarding FMVs. They're very slow (normal FPS is 20-30, but during FPS it drops down to 8-9) and the sound is out of sync. I knew that before installing titeguy's remix I could get them to play normally using Square's old config utility, but now I can't anymore. I'm running Vista x64. Is there anything I could do to fix this, or do I just have to live with it?

Edit: I have the movie files on my hard drive, I'm just not sure FF7 is reading from there.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-09 06:29:58 by 13Treize »

nybbleme

So is the Team Avalanche mod the high-def one that's 130ish megs?
and I'm assuming the stuff in teh normal list is contained? I didn't see 4._Higher_quality_Cloud_mod__by_Dreakon, 5.a__FF7PC_Hand_Patch_mod_v01.6__by_Srethron_Askvelhtnod, 5.b__NPC_Reconstruction_Project_for_FF7PC_0.6_mod__by_Borde_ice_cold513_Stormmedia, 6._New_Spell_Patch__by_zero88, or 7._Advent_Avatars_mod__by_Wuzspecifically named as included, so I'm assuming they or an equivalent set of patches/mods are included?

Thanks for the info!  I dug out my old PC set of the game and am looking forward to trying this out!
« Last Edit: 2010-10-10 22:49:50 by nybbleme »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
From the first post, these are all included.

FF7 v1.02 official patch
Aali's OpenGL Driver v0.7.3b
Higher quality FMV's
Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod v1.0 (+9999 limit breaker patch)
YAMP (Cutscene skip, Transparent dialogue boxes, and Mdef fix)
Apz' High quality Cloud battle mod
Timu Sumisu & Millenia's high quality Barret Battle mod
Grimmy's high quality Diamond Weapon Battle & Field mods
Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul (beta 9 hr +colon fix +fire2\faiga workaround +jutmpl01.tex fix +new opening screen)
Higher quality cloud bike minigame model
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project field models (+flickering materia fix +transparent faces fix)
New weapon models by Slayersnext+ApzFreak+TimuSumisu+Millenia
Ficedula's FF7Music (w/ "lessdebug")
Final FanTim's FF7 Remastered Soundtrack (looped by yours truly)
FF7 Remixed Music by the folks at OCReMix

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I managed to 'merge' the new Aeris patch by ultima espio with the hardcore mod and what else ( read: the remix mod ) so it should theoretically possible to include the Aeris patch into this remix. I wasn't able to merge those two with the retranslation though.

Septin

Trying to download the remix and:

Not Found

The requested URL /Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe was not found on this server.

iNs0MNiaC

What new link? ¬_¬

I would like to use this patch without the extra bs included by the maker, but still none the less. Please some one update the link.

Or release a similar one that keeps more to the originality of the game and doesn't add annoying drum and bass remixes of the sound track or new weapons , armor, magic ...etc.

Also the topics that I have so far gone through show that most of the people working on projects are trying to improve the game from different aspects.

How come some one hasn't attempted to unite all these creative individuals under a single banner? Besides team avalanche of course. Even thought I am thinking on a larger scale..

noppander

Hi! I'm glad I found this site and I registered just because I wanted to thank you guys for your hard work. :) It was incredibly easy to install this remix to my windows 7 64 bit. Maybe, just maybe i can contribute myself one day. Next year my programming studies will begin and after that I might have a chance. I'm also learning to use photoshop in my drawings and taken pictures. I believe that someday I will be able to help guys like you. Or be just like you. But for now, I'm going to have fun with this game which i have never played before, but thanks to you, I will now. If you have something easy with no tight deadline, and you need manpower, I would gladly help when I can. Keep your voice loud and your mods alive. And again, Thanks to you guys, this game is better than ever!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
update! Posted mirrors.

Also, let's respond to comments! yay!

So is the Team Avalanche mod the high-def one that's 130ish megs?
and I'm assuming the stuff in teh normal list is contained? I didn't see 4._Higher_quality_Cloud_mod__by_Dreakon, 5.a__FF7PC_Hand_Patch_mod_v01.6__by_Srethron_Askvelhtnod, 5.b__NPC_Reconstruction_Project_for_FF7PC_0.6_mod__by_Borde_ice_cold513_Stormmedia, 6._New_Spell_Patch__by_zero88, or 7._Advent_Avatars_mod__by_Wuzspecifically named as included, so I'm assuming they or an equivalent set of patches/mods are included?

Thanks for the info!  I dug out my old PC set of the game and am looking forward to trying this out!
all of those mods are out of date. Like years so. Everything in this patch is better (IMHO), albeit there *are* some recent things I could add that you could probably find with a little browsing around here.

Hey guys, thanks for creating all these mods and thanks to titeguy for compiling them into one easy install file for those of us who want to keep things simple. :)

Now, time for the newb question. I guess this has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find anything useful after searching the forum archives for 20-30 minutes. I'm having some trouble regarding FMVs. They're very slow (normal FPS is 20-30, but during FPS it drops down to 8-9) and the sound is out of sync. I knew that before installing titeguy's remix I could get them to play normally using Square's old config utility, but now I can't anymore. I'm running Vista x64. Is there anything I could do to fix this, or do I just have to live with it?

Edit: I have the movie files on my hard drive, I'm just not sure FF7 is reading from there.
it's a common issue for this to happen, especially if you don't have a particularly fast computer. If you're using the HD FMV's that come with the patch, then that's your problem (they should be in the "Final Fantasy VII\movies" folder). Replace them with the originals off the disc and your problem should be solved. If it still isn't, there's some good advice on getting your game to run faster in the BUG_REPORT.txt file that should also be in you ff7 folder

Hi! I'm glad I found this site and I registered just because I wanted to thank you guys for your hard work. :) It was incredibly easy to install this remix to my windows 7 64 bit. Maybe, just maybe i can contribute myself one day. Next year my programming studies will begin and after that I might have a chance. I'm also learning to use photoshop in my drawings and taken pictures. I believe that someday I will be able to help guys like you. Or be just like you. But for now, I'm going to have fun with this game which i have never played before, but thanks to you, I will now. If you have something easy with no tight deadline, and you need manpower, I would gladly help when I can. Keep your voice loud and your mods alive. And again, Thanks to you guys, this game is better than ever!
That's awesome, programming is fun, especially when you actually get sh*t working. Protip: make a habit of starting coding projects that go over your head just slightly, and do everything in C++ using Eclipse SDK. It can be a tad tricky to set up, but it's absolutely worth it. (thing that took me too long to figure out: it's ctrl+b to build your code)

What new link? ¬_¬

I would like to use this patch without the extra bs included by the maker, but still none the less. Please some one update the link.

Or release a similar one that keeps more to the originality of the game and doesn't add annoying drum and bass remixes of the sound track or new weapons , armor, magic ...etc.

Also the topics that I have so far gone through show that most of the people working on projects are trying to improve the game from different aspects.

How come some one hasn't attempted to unite all these creative individuals under a single banner? Besides team avalanche of course. Even thought I am thinking on a larger scale..
The new link that's a handful of posts underneath you. I added it to the main page. The patch has an option to keep the original soundtrack. Watch the tutorials linked in turquoise on the front page...or just play with ff7music. you'll figure it out. Also, with non-professional modders with a geographic gap, sh*t actually gets done more efficiently when everyone takes up their own projects. Even in Team Avalanche, everyone divides portions of the work up amongst themselves.

Trying to download the remix and:

Not Found

The requested URL /Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe was not found on this server.
there's a mirror up on the front page.

Are you going to add my menu mod to this?  Since it is now made for the normal game too  8-)
There's a lot that I need to add... I'll definitely look into it. It'd be cool if you were to send me screencaps.

Is there a maximum compatible resolution with this? I edited the file as instructed set the resolution at 1280*1024 and the game crashed when trying to start up. Changing the res to 1280*960 and it works fine.. though i know my grahpics card and monitor can both go much, much higher.
No, I run the game at 1080p all the time. If you were to post your APP.log, I'd probably be able to tell you why it's happening...

Hello everyone!

I just discovered this whole FF7 Modding Community recently and would like to thank all of those modders for putting so much effort in their fantastic work. Since I'm very unexperienced in modding games I downloaded and installed the remix 2.5.1 patch. Since I own the german version of the game, I also downloaded the greman patch. But here's where my trouble begins: When I run the installer, the cmd.exe opens and shows the message "Make sure that you have your FFVII install disc in the reader." When I enter anything, a window pops up saying that there's no cd in the  reader even though I've put the FFVII Install disc in it. I also tried mounting the game, but I get the same message. Does anybody know a way to solve this problem?
Yeah...that's experimental...I'm quite certain it doesn't work. Bear with me, I'll implement German compatibility eventually...

titeguy3

At first, i want tell u all the big thanx, from me and friends, this pack is very great.
At second, i had some questions : what actually date of finish this last version? Have u got changelog of versions? What about a new version of pack? - New Aali openGL and some other stuff is already finished!
erm...[checks file creation date] 2/28/2010. It's pretty old but I decided that it was pretty stable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? If you want a changelog, check my post history in this topic.

This Remix version is just awesome.
During the past few years, I've spend I don't know how many hours trying to get FF7 to work with improved graphics. Today, my wish has come true. Titeguy3 : thank you !

I have one question and one suggestion.

The question : can we find somewhere the exact list of modifications brought by the "New Spells/Weapons/Armor" ? I've already noticed some of them while playing, but I'd like to know how much the game has been modified.

The suggestion : I believe that some people (like me) would enjoy to have the possibility to play the "unmodified" version of the game. I mean I believe there are some purist out there that would very much like to benefit from the enhanced graphics, but might feel uncomfortable playing with new weapons/spells. So if it's not to difficult to achieve, I suggest you to provide 2 packages : (1) the whole stuff, and (2) only the graphics, musics and bugs improvements, but standard weapons, spells, etc...

Once again, thank you very much for your extraordinary work !

Cheers.
phah! it's hard enough to keep a link to ONE of these monsters up. I'll do a modular installer *eventually*. Also, I'd prefer to keep the changes secret. A lot of them are subtle, and I'd prefer not to draw attention to them and piss off purists. It's one of those things, you appreciate them more when you're not aware of them. Hints though: use the buster sword against ruby weapon, pay some attention to cactuar, and the best way to beat Sepher Sephiroth is to shoop da woop.

Hey, I just installed the Remix patch, and I like the overall modifications in the game, but I'm kinda oldschool, and getting to the part with Tifa... Cloud and Barret's models look too different.
Is there a way I could replace the battle models with the defaults(?) to match the rest of the playable characters?

Thanks!
yes. replace battle.lgp with the one off the install disc (or more specifically, just cloud and barret's files from that archive...you'll need lgptools to do it, and there's also a spreadsheet somewhere around here showing which files are which in battle.lgp...methinks it's stickied)

Hello guys am new to this kind of staff. I installed the game (french version), then the compilation and after that the french language compatibility patch.

But when I try to start the game I get a black screen for about two seconds and then It disappears and I get back to my desktop.
N.B: I disabled UAC and followed the instructions.

I have Windows vista Ultimate edition.
           RAM: 3GHertz
           Graphic Card: ATI Radeon Mobilty HD 3450.
Could you please provide me with possible solutions for this problem. Thanks. And where can I download the english version not the ULTIMA.
tehe, yeah...that doesn't work yet...

Hey, I still got problems!
As I said, after installing FF7 it worked. But after installing patch game doesn't work. For few seconds black screen appears, and it turns off with comunicat, that program stopped working. Maybe I need to do something in OpenGLconfig, because I didn't change anything, just saved. But if that's what I'm supposed to do, tell me what exactly I need to change. Because I'm completely not experienced in doing that stuff, and my English isn't too great.
Answer soon, please!
Your problem may be addressed in BUG_REPORT.txt. If not, show us your APP.log file.

heeeeeey already install it, and the patch too! and
I get the same problem starting the game,
the screen goes black and you hear some music
and start from there "FF 7 stopped working"
I did the steps slowly, and I already install it three times
in succession if I was wrong about something!
and also install the codec  "TrueMotion "....
what will happen! please help!!!!!!  :'(
HELP MEEE!!! PLEASE!!
Check BUG_REPORT.txt, post your app.log...yeah...

Thanks for the effort compiling this. :)

I had installed all this stuff manually b4, but I didn't feel like messing with it, so I gave this a try, for the most part it worked well. (I had an issue with FF7Music, large delays in sound, etc, it took awhile to get it sorted, it's still a bit off, but close enough, and sounds great, love the new soundtrack.)

I had some install issues, mainly due to the scripting host being disabled, but I worked around it, so you may wanna somehow test for that, and let the user know it needs to be on.. (XP64 here..)

I have another issue, which is the battle swirl going by too fast. I have the fix enabled in the opengl.cfg file for the custom graphics driver. I've tried various settings, using the fixed timer, not using it, etc,. My ATI card is set to use the programs preference for VSync, etc,.

Btw, I have a question, is the 9999 Limit Break patch applied, or not, I'm lead to believe that it is by looking in the patches folder, but, the first post mentioned something about it being applied in the Hardcore version, so I'm confused? (Not far enough in the game to tell yet.. Just got to Wall Market.)

(Running the normal version, not the hardcore, btw,..)

Anyways, thanks again, I was dreading reinstalling all this stuff by hand again. (I think I'm going to make a rip once I get it all working, and modded out the way I want it, for easier future reinstalls..)
The 9999 patch is included, but off by default in the normal mode, and on in hardcore mode, read BUG_REPORT.txt to figure out how to turn it on in normal mode as well.

In my current ff7 remix normal game I'm on the first disc about ready to get the keystone from the Saucer, but I'm stopping to get Omnislash.

I notice that the final enemy Ghirofelgo is one shotting me no matter what I do. Is this normal? He's hitting for over 4.7k damage. I noticed that he would always do just over the amount of health I had in the shinra mansion as well. My first impression was that this was hardcore but I checked to make sure it was normal. I also checked the wiki for his attacks and there's nothing mentioning a scaling damage attack that always does just over the amount of health you have.

Also he took well over the 1600 damage he's advertised to have in the manuals.
damn, thats a bug, this should fix it: http://www.filefront.com/17389048/FF7Remastered.PrC

« Last Edit: 2010-10-14 22:38:30 by titeguy3 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There are some screen captures in the project thread in Mods.

jordancyre

I've tried a number of times and neither download link appears to be working...  the mirror works until about 3% and then stops...

nybbleme

Got it, been playing it, having fun with it.  I unfortunately had to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, and now it says error could not load Tifa.T09 when I go to a random battle. Same with  Earith.t09 if aeris is on the team. Also when going to world map, ERROR: libpng error: Read Error.  Also when I got to the flashback with sephiroth, the first dragony thing had an error that I couldn't get all of, something about invalid something in polygon file enemy157.something, I think...  Something not install right, perhaps? I installed the game, then the 2.5.1 pack, then the Avalanche High-Def patch, and the 0.7.8b thingy patch at the end. Not sure which one might have caused the issue.  I might need to reinstall everything again?

LOVING the work, it's beyond awesome.  I'd like to mention that BlackChocobo savegame editor doesn't change the timestamp on the save, though the old Jenova one does work when you change the time played.  Also, BC doesn't change kills for each character apropriately I think...for some I could set it to 79 kills and one more kill would unlock the next limit break, but for others I still had to kill until I'd REALLY killed 80, though the savegame editor showed 100ish killed at that point.  Maybe it's just me.

Forgot to ask: when doing the remapping buttons, I accidentally selected to change a button for joystick and don't have one...it then says to press the new button...and I can't escape or cancel out of it.  Any way to do that?

Anyway, thanks again for all the work all the modders have put into this!
« Last Edit: 2010-10-17 23:41:39 by nybbleme »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Update: added filefront mirror!

Got it, been playing it, having fun with it.  I unfortunately had to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, and now it says error could not load Tifa.T09 when I go to a random battle. Same with  Earith.t09 if aeris is on the team. Also when going to world map, ERROR: libpng error: Read Error.  Also when I got to the flashback with sephiroth, the first dragony thing had an error that I couldn't get all of, something about invalid something in polygon file enemy157.something, I think...  Something not install right, perhaps? I installed the game, then the 2.5.1 pack, then the Avalanche High-Def patch, and the 0.7.8b thingy patch at the end. Not sure which one might have caused the issue.  I might need to reinstall everything again?

LOVING the work, it's beyond awesome.  I'd like to mention that BlackChocobo savegame editor doesn't change the timestamp on the save, though the old Jenova one does work when you change the time played.  Also, BC doesn't change kills for each character apropriately I think...for some I could set it to 79 kills and one more kill would unlock the next limit break, but for others I still had to kill until I'd REALLY killed 80, though the savegame editor showed 100ish killed at that point.  Maybe it's just me.

Forgot to ask: when doing the remapping buttons, I accidentally selected to change a button for joystick and don't have one...it then says to press the new button...and I can't escape or cancel out of it.  Any way to do that?

Anyway, thanks again for all the work all the modders have put into this!
A) the error you're getting is a known issue and a fix has been made by a user named "kranmer" IIRC. Search and ye shall receive. (If I find it, I'll amend my post and link to it)
B) BlackChocobo has it's own thread. Address the issue there and I'm sure it'll be appreciated and fixed.
C) Press [cancel] on the keyboard controls to cancel out of the configuration input part
« Last Edit: 2010-10-19 00:30:25 by titeguy3 »

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
I'm tentatively saying the main host is back up.

abean

First off, thank you for this. I've went through FF7 several times on PSX and while looking for a game to play recently, I came across my old copy of FF7 for PC that I've never played!

Anyways, after doing some reading I came across this which looks to do most of the work for us that don't understand everything that has been done to the game. Everything seems to be working great, with one exception ... music. I have sound, but simply no music. While finishing this install, there was a registry changed for music, and I'm wondering If there is something I was supposed to do differently and/or copy files from the install cd's?

If it helps/matters, running Win 7 x64.

Any advice would be most appreciated as I am very eager to begin playing!

Thanks again

nybbleme

Everything seems to be working great, with one exception ... music. I have sound, but simply no music.
I had that problem.  In FF7music.exe, under Config, on the Files tab, select MP3 or MP3 remix and that fixed it for me. Custom should also work.

If that doesn't fix it, change input from in_mad to in_mp3 or in_mp3(original) and one of those two should work.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-21 16:12:15 by nybbleme »

Enkixx

• View Profile
I have a problem with the in game screen. When I start, after the intro, the top 2-3 inches seems a bit screwy and the top of Barret's text box stays after it is closed. I try to open the menu but I cant read anything... any help? I am sorry if this has been addressed but I can't spend hours searching through this forum to fix this problem too.

obesebear

• View Profile
I am sorry if this has been addressed but I can't spend hours searching through this forum to fix this problem too.
Of course you can't be bothered, I mean it is OUR problem after all.   Would you like us to tie your shoes and dress you for school as well? 

/breaking my nice guy promise

abean

I have a problem with the in game screen. When I start, after the intro, the top 2-3 inches seems a bit screwy and the top of Barret's text box stays after it is closed. I try to open the menu but I cant read anything... any help? I am sorry if this has been addressed but I can't spend hours searching through this forum to fix this problem too.

Thanks Enkixx, that was it ... had to set to custom.

Thanks

abean

Another issue I'm having ... when I launch the new shortcut for FF7 (which runs "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Run FFVII-Remix.bat"), it launches the music config first, which then launches the game on it's own with the music config. Not a huge deal, but curious to as if this is normal and if I can just run the FF7.exe without having to run that batch file?

Thanks

Another issue you're having ... double posting.  Turns out it's against the rules.  Cheerio then.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-23 14:22:48 by obesebear »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FF7Music must be open in order to have custom music play in-game. It's kind of unfortunate, but it's the way it is.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
The batch files auto open ff7music, then auto close it. They are also necessary in alternating to and from hardcore mode seamlessly. please use them. I worked oh so hard on them.

Never heard of this. Perhaps a screenshot would help and/or post your APP.log
« Last Edit: 2010-10-26 17:33:13 by titeguy3 »

chronicfireworks

Aali's OpenGL Driver has been upgraded to v0.7.9b just to let you know.