Author Topic: Treasure Chest project [WIP]  (Read 6785 times)

Costa07

• View Profile
Treasure Chest project [WIP]
« on: 2010-11-10 12:07:52 »
I decided to take on a simple task for me to complete since there is only 5 different treasure chest. here is some pics of model i have done in game.

Chest 1

Chest 2

Costa07

• View Profile
Re: Treasure Chest project [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-10 21:23:39 »
Anybody have any clue where to find these chest in game. As in what locations are they located at?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-10 23:12:28 »
I think the top one is in Bone Villiage. -EDIT- its not, sorry.  I've seen it recently though.

The Blue one is in the Shop in the Shinra Building.

The third one...not sure.  Maybe in the Ancient Temple?
« Last Edit: 2010-11-10 23:16:12 by xLostWingx »

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-11 01:06:51 »
I think the top one is in Bone Villiage. -EDIT- its not, sorry.  I've seen it recently though.

The Blue one is in the Shop in the Shinra Building.

The third one...not sure.  Maybe in the Ancient Temple?

Yes, you're right about the last one.

The first one is at the Northern Cave.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-11 02:25:32 »
I like this a lot so far.  My only :x is with the textures on the gold chest.  The metal mesh seems to be too complex in a small area making it easier to dislike than be appreciated.  I feel similarly for the gold and red textures but those aren't as noticeable.  K.I.S.S.  The rest of the chests look perfect.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-11 03:20:25 »
I like this a lot so far.  My only :x is with the textures on the gold chest.  The metal mesh seems to be too complex in a small area making it easier to dislike than be appreciated.  I feel similarly for the gold and red textures but those aren't as noticeable.  K.I.S.S.  The rest of the chests look perfect.

i agree, swap the treadplate for a nice dark wood and you'll nail it. Glad to see your texture skills developing a bit more ;)

lee

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-11 05:30:59 »
Yeah I plan on changing that cause i need a texture that i can make the same in blue and gold. Their are 2 chest the exact same except one is blue and one is gold. I feel really pleased with the wooden one and almost complete with another.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-11 10:47:52 »
One more done I tried to make a green metallic but i couldn't get it to look right so i was just messing around and got this still don't like it much though.

Didn't get a pic in game yet I'll see if this one is in the norther cave like Bosque said.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-11 12:19:40 »

I have to agree with this. Very detailed textures may look more realistic when you're looking at them with 100% zoom, but when they're put onto a tiny model at a normal resolution (say, 1080 vertical pixels) the game begins to look very noisy and the textures look like a mess. Don't stray too far from the cartoony feel of the game, and don't forget that the models will be very small and thus need textures that will still look good when they are shrunk.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-12 08:40:58 »

I also agree with willis936