Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269287 times)

squallff8

• View Profile
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #75 on: 2009-01-11 09:46:35 »
timu sumisu is right, nose must be more thin.And i think eyes is to big...
Skin color is the same as hands so there is no need to change it(i like it)

anyway,GREAT JOB !You are AWESOME,man!
« Last Edit: 2009-01-11 09:52:30 by squallff8 »

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-01-11 10:01:49 »
Almost finished, It looks fantastic!!!..... so whats after this, schoolgirl Tifa :-o, i kid i kid. haha.

bishmanrock

« Reply #77 on: 2009-01-11 11:51:57 »
Well I'm doing this anime-ish so it'll fit the game.

Good call, I always thought this was the best idea for replacing the models or else it just looks like it's in the wrong game.

Cloud looks incredibly annoyed, has someone spilled his milk? It's sorta had to evaluate the face without the hair anyway, but either way it's still looking amazing.

themateoflink

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009-01-11 16:05:21 »
Just my opinion, but something about the cheeks make them seem a tad fat. Not sure why. Although, this may be fixed when the hair is done.

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009-01-13 00:39:39 »
The face looks a little too gray, try adding just a little more red to the shadows... maybe more yellow (or green depending on your color mixer) to the highlights.

Will this be up for download since it's purely original?(sorry if this was previously stated...) Missed the first line X_x;;

EDIT: and the lips need to be a little thinner vertically.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-13 00:43:15 by X-Dina »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-01-16 09:49:32 »
Well I finally completed a mesh for this (school just started up again...)

I'm not entirely satisfied with it quite yet but at least I got something to warp into shape.

After I finish tinkering with the hair I'll texture it, convert the pieces, and it'll be available for download!

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #81 on: 2009-01-16 14:52:23 »
wow.
This is absolutely amazing apz!
Once again, words cannot describe how good this is...*claps*

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-01-16 19:23:43 »
aww i was hoping fer hair more along the lines of the original like... 5 spikes fer the head. lol ah well.. not bad, though the front/top spikes need to be a bit longer.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009-01-16 20:14:23 »
aww i was hoping fer hair more along the lines of the original like... 5 spikes fer the head. lol ah well.. not bad, though the front/top spikes need to be a bit longer.

That's for the Classic Cloud model I'll make, but due to certain circumstances, I can't work on that until after February 8th.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #84 on: 2009-01-16 21:47:59 »
i believe APZ is now past the stage of needing referance for the body. pretty much all he has to do now is add texture to the hair, and he's done.

and, also, that looks like almost he exact same model you posted a while back, which has stolen textures, i believe from apz' old cloud...

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-01-17 00:46:52 »
Whooou!That hiar and face looks fantastic!Can't wait to see the textured!!!AAhh!
Man,don't you have any plan to rebuil other characters in future,like classic Tifa,or Barret,Vincent???

shazman1984

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009-01-17 01:46:32 »
Excellent job man, You are very talented brother. Hats off.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009-01-17 07:46:38 »
Thank you, Thank you folks!  :-D

Wow, I grossly underestimated my prediction on how many polys this will be. All the poly are now completed and it turned out to be 5540 polygons! I guessed something around 4000. Way off! At least I don't have anybody to answer to or really any limits set by anybody, but damn! It takes practice to see things like this. Oh well!

I don't think I'll be doing any other characters, I'd like to. But I simply don't have the time, I'm a Full-Time Student and I work a Full-Time job. Not possible unless I were to win the lottery or something.

It's taking longer than I expected, but that's what I get for an hour here and there. Almost there, I unwrapped the UVs for the hair now all I have left is to draw the texture for the hair and chop Cloud up and import him into FFVIIPC. I'll try to go as fast as I can, but I gotta get some sleep!

edit: Of course after posting this picture I noticed some areas where I can trim some polys off. I'll get to that after the texture!
« Last Edit: 2009-01-17 10:19:59 by apz freak »

One-Winged Angel

« Reply #88 on: 2009-01-17 19:28:20 »
Superb modeling! You definatly have talent in modeling! I cannot wait for this release!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009-01-17 19:57:07 »
i know its a lot, but i'd suggest you try to do other characters if ever you can find a little time, even if it wouldnt be done for a long time. One awesome model deserves a cast of characters :P.
If you can't its understandable, but even if in many months or a year er more, it'd be nice to see more characters released.

bishmanrock

« Reply #90 on: 2009-01-17 21:16:34 »
I think it's a bit unfair to ask you to try any of the other characters, you've already given your reasons. If you ever find yourself sat about twiddling your thumbs though, it'd be the most amazing thing ever.

Focusing on the real though, this is still amazing and I can't wait to see it in action.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009-01-18 05:14:27 »
~*////---ALL DONE!---\\\\*~

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-01-18 05:25:32 »
congratz, looks fine, 'm eager to plop it in mah game.

polaris_027

« Reply #93 on: 2009-01-18 08:17:26 »
wow..superb job there man..hands down to you! haha

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #94 on: 2009-01-18 11:52:14 »
Wow. this really does look absolutely astounding. thank you SO much apz, for putting all this dedication into a brilliant piece of genius like this  :-D
this really has turned out much better than i thought. so hats off. *starts to cry*
how long would it take you to do a professional job of chibi-fication?

EDIT: oh, and when this is done, would it be okay to convert it using lgptools so i can screw around with it in a 3d editor? its ok if you'd prefer it untouched :D
« Last Edit: 2009-01-18 11:53:51 by NeoCloudstrife »

One-Winged Angel

« Reply #95 on: 2009-01-18 14:09:46 »
The finished model looks stunning! The UV Mapping looks superb. This looks professional Apz, this should definatly be in your portfolio!
I'm in the midst of making a model for my college assignment in Maya, and its a pretty lengthy process, so congrats!

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009-01-18 20:03:53 »
holy #### Thats great!!!

wait no... THAT SUPER!!!

time for some vids :D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009-01-18 20:47:37 »
 :-o :-o :-o :-o There's no words to describe this...i'm just wowed by it's awesomeness.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009-01-18 23:08:37 »
looks great can't wait till a release

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009-01-19 01:25:57 »
It's gettin there, just a few kinks I gotta work out.

Not quite sure why the sword isn't working. I don't know if it's the texture or what. But I'll figure it out somehow.(I edited this picture afterwards and forgot to alter the text) ----[[[[Not to mention but, did you see Barrets missing beard? Can't figure that one out either and I even remade his texture and everything]]]]---- Oh well... Who cares! Plus I gotta few body parts to rotate, but overall, this Cloud looks WAY better in game than that KH ripoff I did!  :-D

But I can't promise a chibi field model until after February 8th. I'm drawing a manga and me and my friend are gonna sell it at an anime convention while I'm dressed as Zack  :wink: I'll post pictures!

And again, I'm glad you guys appreciate me. While doing it I wonder, who gives a crap? Well... I do! And I'm not the only one! So Thanks  :lol:
« Last Edit: 2009-01-19 10:35:38 by apz freak »