Author Topic: Please Insert FF7  (Read 3599 times)

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
Please Insert FF7
« on: 2013-07-03 06:41:32 »
I did everything right until the very last moment now every time I click play on bootleg It says I need disks 1,2,3 but I got the 2012 version so I have no disks was i supposed to put the game as a ISO or was I supposed to be able to play the game automatically.

If I am supposed to put the game as a ISO am I supposed to do It before I use BFE.exe or after I use It.

leedsnited4eva

• View Profile
Re: Please Insert FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-03 10:58:42 »
As i recall bootleg don't work with 2012 version but it dose convert it to the 1998 version. I would recommend using iso with daemon tools lite as it's easy to use and i have never had a problem with it. I don't see why it would matter if you started using iso's after using bootleg as bootleg only mods the files really. Give daemon tools lite a try with iso's because i never get insert disc unless i forget to mount the dam thing haha ;D

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-03 11:26:47 »
As i recall bootleg don't work with 2012 version but it dose convert it to the 1998 version. I would recommend using iso with daemon tools lite as it's easy to use and i have never had a problem with it. I don't see why it would matter if you started using iso's after using bootleg as bootleg only mods the files really. Give daemon tools lite a try with iso's because i never get insert disc unless i forget to mount the dam thing haha ;D

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580

Thanks for the reply and a couple of things 1. I did that EQ2Alyza tutorial now I'm In the mess I'm In right now 2. The only problem I have with ISO Is how to get one and what to do with It that's what I'm most confused about and also that I thought the 2012 version would work because bootleg changes it to 1998 version >.> so why won't It work for me?

Either way how would I mod a ISO? this Is unnaturally confusing I thought the 2012 version would work right away because of that tutorial :''''<
« Last Edit: 2013-07-03 11:31:39 by DraigoDragon »

leedsnited4eva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-03 11:54:07 »
I got really confused to trying to mod it is a pain for newbies. i like yourself had the same problem but lucky for me i had help from my step dad to convert my disc to a iso so will have to do that on your own. As for moding your ff7 files are on you hard drive for example mine is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII and that is were programs like bootleg mod your game.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-03 12:25:39 »
As for moding your ff7 files are on you hard drive for example mine is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII and that is were programs like bootleg mod your game.

Don't install FF7 into "Program Files" !!!

This is a system folder and creates problems when modifying.
Install FF7 better to eg "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII", this reduces the problem somewhat.

And the disk-problem can be solved by rename a USB stick into "FF7DISC1" (or 2 or 3) and indicates the drive letter in the bootleg configuration.
No ISOs needed...

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-04 06:31:44 »
Don't install FF7 into "Program Files" !!!

This is a system folder and creates problems when modifying.
Install FF7 better to eg "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII", this reduces the problem somewhat.

And the disk-problem can be solved by rename a USB stick into "FF7DISC1" (or 2 or 3) and indicates the drive letter in the bootleg configuration.
No ISOs needed...

Thank you very much.

Edit: All I need to know now Is how to get music In my game, Every time I play the game there Is no music only sound effects

And how to get rid/change the hitting sound, every time i hit i get this really annoying sound effect
« Last Edit: 2013-07-04 11:28:40 by DraigoDragon »