Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC/PSX] FFVII Lost Wing (1.1)

(1/44) > >>

xLostWingx:
FFVII Lost Wing Version 1.1 Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?eag18xjfw976tcw

Reminder:  LostWing mod was designed for PSX and was an experimental learning experience.  It is unquestionably broken by just about any standard.  I would suggest avoiding it entirely.  I'm quite mystified seeing references to this mod on the google and youtube all these years later.  Try it at your own risk.  Please just know that I am not active on qhimm, I am not active on youtube, and I offer no support whatsoever for this mod.  If you still want to give LostWing a try, by all means, play it to your heart's content.  You've been warned.

Thanks to all the moderators, administrators, and mod creators here at qhimm for maintaining this treasure of a community.

-LostWing

**Attention New Steam Users:  Lost Wing is a FF7 Overhaul that completely modifies many aspects of the game.  It is moderately difficult until the Huge Materia quests, then it becomes Extremely Difficult.  Hacking/Cheating/Modding All Equipment and/or Materia is encouraged post-Diamond WEAPON.  Quirks appearing in the 1st Reactor Mission are NOT present throughout the game (i.e. Cloud not damaging MPs with Sword.  It's meant to keep you alert to changes in gameplay!).  Address all questions concerning the mod to THIS THREAD!!!  Use BOOTLEG to install this - it is much easier that way!**

You may only use Young Cloud and Sephiroth as functional characters on the PSX Version of this Game!!!

If you have any questions regarding the mod or need help beating any bosses or need to discuss strategies or possible materia combinations etc. - anything that you need help with, just post IN THIS THREAD.  Just leave your questions at the end of the thread and I will help you directly.

-Hundreds of enemy modifications.
-Extensive Weapons Modifications.  Use of previously unused damage formulas.  Weapons for Young Cloud and Sephiroth
-Armor and Accessories Modifications.
-Magic/Summons have been extensively modified.  Fat-Chocobo replaces Titan and Each of Odin's attacks are on their own materia.  No more KOR, but try out Zantetsuken
-A few new items for inducing Limit Breaks and Transformed status and power-ups
-New materia!  Not only new materia for new spells, but many independant and support materia have been modified.
-Toggle 2x and 4x cut between multiple (random) enemies, and single enemy.
-New character portraits
-If you have a gameshark hacking program you can use control Sephiroth and Young Cloud with Limit Breaks and they level up! (I can provide the codes at a later time)
-A buncha other stuff that is more subtle and difficult to list

Here is a demonstration of some things in my mod:  http://www.youtube.com/user/LostWingx?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/q8G0ciIdFuY

Changes to be made:
- Guard Skorpion for some strange reason gives you a Wizard Bracelet.  Do Not use this, you are not suppose to have it.
- Some of the initially equipped materia (On Cid and Sephiroth) are mastered. (Fixed)
- Young Cloud's level 1 Limit Doesn't work. (Fixed, changed to Slots)
- Sephiroth doesn't gain MP when he levels up (tried fixing this...not sure what the problem is)
- Jenova Birth was way too hard (Fixed)
- Get top tier accessory at Fort Condor 2nd battle (Fixed, now you get Ice Ring)
- Dyne needs to be more difficult. (Fixed)
- White Wind Always Misses (Fixed)
- Red Flash Doesnt work right.
- Rapps needs rebalanced

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

--- Quote from: xLostWingx on 2012-01-09 22:46:47 ---This was basically a practice mod for me.  I made it while learning how to use the tools and learning how to mod in general.  Fixing the problems with this mod ranks low on my list of priorities, but if anyone wants to fix it up, please go right ahead.  If the enemies beyond the 1st disc are too over-powered, or certain spells are working improperly, it is fairly easy to just open up WallMarket and ProudClod/Hojo and make the necessary changes.  Sorry guys, but right now I don't even have the time to work on my current mods.

--- End quote ---

Covarr:
1. I think you can't release binaries that contain ANY of Square's data in them, but you can easily make a .ups format patch (those are common for PSX modding, and other systems whose disc images or ROMs are too large for .ips.

Tenko Kuugen:
I have done my own fair share of modding and whatever the heck I did to the scene.bin, it never changed anything on how the characters work. I think you might have a bad scene-lookup or something got corrupted during the extensive modding process.
I can already tell you that releasing a mod with barret crashing every fight is no option.

xLostWingx:

--- Quote from: The Real Covarr on 2010-10-29 17:51:28 ---1. I think you can't release binaries that contain ANY of Square's data in them, but you can easily make a .ups format patch (those are common for PSX modding, and other systems whose disc images or ROMs are too large for .ips.

--- End quote ---

Good to know.  I will have to look that up.

--- Quote from: KuugenTheFox on 2010-10-29 21:04:32 ---I have done my own fair share of modding and whatever the heck I did to the scene.bin, it never changed anything on how the characters work. I think you might have a bad scene-lookup or something got corrupted during the extensive modding process.
I can already tell you that releasing a mod with barret crashing every fight is no option.

--- End quote ---

Yeah thats what everyone has said so far.  Problem is, when i test it with the original SCENE, i get the same effect.  So I am guessing something just randomly got corrupted (maybe not randomly), and now Barret won't work?!  Well...maybe i will start from the beginning and it will go faster the second time around.  Also, if nobody is interested in a PSX mod then I will just keep it private.  I'm basically just guaging to see if anyone would even play it.

Tenko Kuugen:
I can only assume but most people here play the PC version because.. well. it's simply clearly superior to the psx version when it comes to modding.
If your barret crashes the game, that could be anything. Something about the mechanics, his graphics missing or what else. There really is no way to tell unless you exchange files again and again to see which file causes the error ( and I think it might be kernel.bin )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version