Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4879282 times)

EnvySama

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9991)
« Reply #11475 on: 2023-02-27 10:24:22 »
Hello, Sega Chief.
In NT 2.0 there seems to be pink support materia in Rocket Town after the rocket launch, however it is not possible to interact with it.
Is it a bug or is there a way to get it?

upd: it is in "arranged type" playthrough

« Last Edit: 2023-02-27 11:07:14 by EnvySama »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: 2023-02-27 16:52:34 »
Oh yeah, that's always happened to me, too.

It's never bothered me because after that there's nothing to do anymore anyway... but yeah that should probably be addressed XD

It always seems to be broken though I'm sure I've fixed it a couple times now; I'll try again.

Hi Sega Chief,

Any plans to do a Vanilla Combat version of 2.0? I love all the big gameplay changes, and have done multiple runs over the years. But it would be nice to enjoy the the QOL, dialogue, restored content, etc., when I play the game normally (I especially like what you did with party members being visible around towns). I can use the 1.5 Vanilla, but you've made come good non-combat changes since then.

I could give it a go when I've some more free time; I made one for 1.5 I believe so 2.0 should probably get one too.

Hello there,

I'm starting yet another game of FF7, trying the insane echo-s mod but I see that it is not compatible with the NT mod, which is understandable; the 7th Heaven mod manager automatically disables the mod.

But it's not the case with the NT 2.0 combat only mod, which I was hopeful to use it as I love the balancing of the characters here. Unfortunately, the game crashes whenever I use the Defend Command, I think it's because it would trigger the characters' Innate command but it's not compatible with the Echo-S mod somehow.
I'd love to see the NT Combat only mod to te fully compatible with the Echo-S mod (weapon, armour, materia (new and rebalanced), innate commands, SP upgrades (disable source drops), etc...), think it's doable ?

Cheers

I've just fixed this today, will update the DL links + catalog for it imminently; sorry for the delay. I think the issue was with the combat mod rather than Echo-S, as one of the flags was not toggled for 2x-cut and 4x-cut.

Hello, Sega Chief.
In NT 2.0 there seems to be pink support materia in Rocket Town after the rocket launch, however it is not possible to interact with it.
Is it a bug or is there a way to get it?

upd: it is in "arranged type" playthrough

That's a pick up for long range materia if it was missed earlier on (I hid it in the rocket launch site itself); problem is, it appears even if that Materia was picked up, misleading players. Should be fixed once I've got the latest patch together (it's a big one, lot of fixes and improvements).

EnvySama

• View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: 2023-02-28 05:47:45 »
oh, ok. Got it. Thank you for explaining. )

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: 2023-02-28 19:05:58 »
It always seems to be broken though I'm sure I've fixed it a couple times now; I'll try again.

I could give it a go when I've some more free time; I made one for 1.5 I believe so 2.0 should probably get one too.

I've just fixed this today, will update the DL links + catalog for it imminently; sorry for the delay. I think the issue was with the combat mod rather than Echo-S, as one of the flags was not toggled for 2x-cut and 4x-cut.

That's a pick up for long range materia if it was missed earlier on (I hid it in the rocket launch site itself); problem is, it appears even if that Materia was picked up, misleading players. Should be fixed once I've got the latest patch together (it's a big one, lot of fixes and improvements).

Lovely !! I'll try it immediatly, thank you !!

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: 2023-03-01 09:27:24 »

Lovely !! I'll try it immediatly, thank you !!

Unfortunately, the game crashes after a few minutes of gameplay, especially in battles. I also noticed that Ice and Bolt have the same Mp cost (4 MP) despite having the description "Efficient MP Cost" for Ice; seems that Bolt should have higher MP cost instead. I'm not sure how limited the combat only mod is, I'll stick to the normal echo-s for now, hoping NT will be fully compatible one day

Eresus

• View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: 2023-03-05 20:03:56 »
Unfortunately, the game crashes after a few minutes of gameplay, especially in battles. I also noticed that Ice and Bolt have the same Mp cost (4 MP) despite having the description "Efficient MP Cost" for Ice; seems that Bolt should have higher MP cost instead. I'm not sure how limited the combat only mod is, I'll stick to the normal echo-s for now, hoping NT will be fully compatible one day

This may come a little late, but I've found that NT 2.0 Combat Only works just fine if you disable Echo-S day/night cycle (that seemed to be the one responsable for the crashes) and if you place NT above Echo-S in the priority list.

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: 2023-03-06 12:07:48 »
This may come a little late, but I've found that NT 2.0 Combat Only works just fine if you disable Echo-S day/night cycle (that seemed to be the one responsable for the crashes) and if you place NT above Echo-S in the priority list.

Thank you a lot, it's never late to have more info :) I'm already at Disc 3 so I'll stick to the normal game for now. Do you know how much the NT mod combat only affects the game ?

Eresus

• View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: 2023-03-06 13:43:09 »
Thank you a lot, it's never late to have more info :) I'm already at Disc 3 so I'll stick to the normal game for now. Do you know how much the NT mod combat only affects the game ?

I've finished NT 1.5 a couple of times, and completed a playthough on NT 2.0 B route a few years ago. I have been playing up until cosmo canyon with NT combat only, and as far as I can tell, the items, materia and weapon shops are using the NT version (which means you get more variation on materia and weapons available compared to ff7 vanilla). Items, materia and weapons are using the properties of NT (so they have a bigger impact on your stats and allows you customize better the role of your characters vs vanilla ff7). In regards to combat, the characters have their NT innate abilities and all the enemies and bosses use the NT script (they are considerable more challenging than vanilla with a more interesting script of attacks).

And to the best of my knowledge, the SP system of NT that allows to customize whether your characters are better at magic, physicals attacks, tankiness, speed, etc... with sources, does not exist, which means that the game is probably going to get harder because while the enemies and bosses have NT balancing, your characters are going to be missing a lot of extra stats.

All in all, the game feels like playing NT 2.0 Lite version, but since it is the only combat modification mod that works with Echo-S, I'll take it, and I'm thankful to Sega Chief for creating this version of the mod.

Aynath

• View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: 2023-03-06 21:27:40 »
Thank you a lot for your answer, I also made a few playthroughts on 1.5 and 2.0 but never could test combat only so far. In the meantime, I'm enjoying Echo-S as much, the voices are actually good and gives more depth to the game; it can also be improved due to the new mechanics. I can hope for a blend of NT and Echo-S one day :)

broons

• View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: 2023-03-10 00:53:18 »

Nice! I look forward to it.

xenofears

• View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: 2023-03-21 16:52:05 »
Thanks for the mod!

Playing 2.0 Type A (installed through 7th Heaven), I am having some issues with the Pagoda. Yuffie both auto attacks and attacks via commands... is this normal? Also, Shake seems impervious to attacks. When an attack does connect it does zero damage. Is there a trick to him?

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: 2023-03-21 21:55:17 »
Thanks for the mod!

Playing 2.0 Type A (installed through 7th Heaven), I am having some issues with the Pagoda. Yuffie both auto attacks and attacks via commands... is this normal? Also, Shake seems impervious to attacks. When an attack does connect it does zero damage. Is there a trick to him?
Not sure what you mean by "via commands" - you know Yuffie has a special counter in this mod where she will use Mug? Since the Pagoda is row-agnostic (i.e. it has no front or back row) this will happen frequently there.

And yes: many of the enemies have a "trick" to them that you need to figure out. Try other forms of damage! :)

xenofears

• View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: 2023-03-22 11:09:50 »
Not sure what you mean by "via commands" - you know Yuffie has a special counter in this mod where she will use Mug? Since the Pagoda is row-agnostic (i.e. it has no front or back row) this will happen frequently there.

And yes: many of the enemies have a "trick" to them that you need to figure out. Try other forms of damage! :)

She was casting fire and doing regular attacks too and I don't think they were counters... I don't think I had materia set up that way but I could be wrong.

In the end I finished the Pagoda but not sure I got the tricks.
Spoiler: show
The second and last bosses I just used regular attacks and the third boss I used Laser.

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: 2023-03-29 21:01:47 »
Hey so I am trying to go back to the great glacier and do some more stuff with the white chocobo. When I disbark my gold chocobo and enter it shows the characters passed out. Then when they get up and merge with cloud he disappears and the game is softlocked.

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: 2023-04-18 11:20:28 »
Big shout out too sega chief, this mods phenomenal, currently playing through 2.0, beat 1.5 a while back and it’s so different. Also thanks for all ur help Sega ;)

Damy

• View Profile
« Reply #11490 on: 2023-05-16 15:05:06 »
How old is New Threat 1.5 Documenation? Kinda let down that it has not been update so a lot things like drops could have been changed now  :(

EDIT: Two questions which I consider important to know. How to get Masamune in 1.5 if there is? And how to keep Aeris from dying?
« Last Edit: 2023-05-16 16:07:30 by Damy »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: 2023-05-18 19:42:42 »
How old is New Threat 1.5 Documenation? Kinda let down that it has not been update so a lot things like drops could have been changed now  :(

EDIT: Two questions which I consider important to know. How to get Masamune in 1.5 if there is? And how to keep Aeris from dying?

the black smith has a weapons quest for you late game. the chap who sold the keystone to dio. for v1.5 theres nice big red letters at that specific point of game time, one option allows u to keep her alive from then :> u can also revive her on the highwind via an NPC or kill her back off if really want to 

Damy

• View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: 2023-05-19 13:23:12 »
 the black smith has a weapons quest for you late game. the chap who sold the keystone to dio. for v1.5 theres nice big red letters at that specific point of game time, one option allows u to keep her alive from then :> u can also revive her on the highwind via an NPC or kill her back off if really want to 

Thanks. Not Condor Fort then? Will do it anyway just in case.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: 2023-05-23 00:48:01 »
Playing through New Threat 2.0. What a mod man. Fantastic work Sega-Chief, can't say enough how awesome and refreshing this mod is. Very cool overall and am excited to see where else it goes as we head towards the finish.

One thought I've had, the love triangle fell off after saving Aerith. I understand that the core game is probably difficult to edit, but to me... it just seems to end with no resolution or "choice" if you will. I just got to Mideel for whatever thats worth, but Aerith seems to be in the background now and its really more about Tifa and Cloud.

I have to say its just doesn't feel right.

Other than that, still loving it. Wonder if I'll be able to get back into sector 7 or see what biggs, wedge, and jesse are doing...

Damy

• View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: 2023-05-25 12:28:48 »
but Aerith seems to be in the background now and its really more about Tifa and Cloud.

I have to say its just doesn't feel right.

I agree with that one. It's pretty clear that Aerith is very interested in Cloud so it should have gone different.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: 2023-06-03 22:43:28 »
Hello, thank you again for the terrific mod.

Could somebody explain Fort Condor rewards in the current version?

I have gathered from the documentation that one can get a Safety Bit, a Fairy Ring, and--with no losses and no fighting the boss manually--a Ziedrich? Are there prizes in between those?

Thank you

felipe

• View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: 2023-06-09 18:50:21 »
Amazing work on this mod. I finished a normal walkthrough on type B and am on a hard mode run on type B as well. Just have one question though.
How do I acquire a mute mask before corel prison to use on the deathclaw? I'm on hard mode type B so no enemies seem to have a mute mask steal or drop.

Cheers.

AhBeng2

• View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: 2023-06-11 01:13:36 »
Amazing work on this mod. I finished a normal walkthrough on type B and am on a hard mode run on type B as well. Just have one question though.
How do I acquire a mute mask before corel prison to use on the deathclaw? I'm on hard mode type B so no enemies seem to have a mute mask steal or drop.

Cheers.
I think Eligor in the train graveyard drops the mute mask.

« Last Edit: 2023-06-11 01:16:03 by AhBeng2 »

AhBeng2

• View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: 2023-06-11 01:16:11 »
Hi Sega,

Hope you are doing well. Are you planning to release an updated version of New Threat mod? Cheers.

felipe

• View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: 2023-06-11 18:57:35 »
Thank you so much!