Author Topic: Still Can't get D-Pad working on either Xbox One or Ps4 Controllers on 7th Heave  (Read 3243 times)

BonkersTA

• View Profile
Hi Everyone

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

So I downloaded both Final Fantasy VII off of Steam and 7th Heaven today.  In 7th Heaven I have installed the mods ESUI Controller Addon and Enhanced Stock UI-rel2 both published by Chrysalis.  I only Installed these 2 because I want to have button icons when I play the game rather than have [okay] or [cancel] show up.

Now, I know this issue has been addressed before in many other threads but all attempts I have made so far have not worked with getting the D-Pad to work.  I can configure the controller layout in Steam for Vanilla FFVII, but if I try intergrating 7th Heaven 2.0 into Steam and configure the controls, while it will say it's done, when I play the game the D-Pad is still not working.  I've tried Xinput and that hasn't worked either nor DS4Windows or Agrimicro.

I feel like I have tried everything to get this D-pad to work and it just seems like a hopeless task.  Does anyone have any suggestions, perhaps a mod for 7th Heaven.  I do want to use 7th Heaven but if I can't find a solution to this I may as well just play the vanilla version.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
but if I try intergrating 7th Heaven 2.0 into Steam and configure the controls, while it will say it's done, when I play the game the D-Pad is still not working.

this is how i do it, but i dont use 7th heaven, and i'm also unfamiliar with the controller mod

what controller are you using?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
You need to run your controller to keyboard mapping utility (like AntiMicro or DS4Windows) as administrator.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
you may need to launch big picture mode in steam and find this screen:

and make sure the controller you're using is checked (you can exit big picture mode afterward and launch 7th heaven with it normally)

if it already is, then what unabomb said ^^
« Last Edit: 2020-04-15 03:33:10 by Orichalcon »