Author Topic: Screen tearing with FFNx installed.  (Read 2574 times)

DrDastardly

• View Profile
Screen tearing with FFNx installed.
« on: 2020-05-15 21:44:54 »
So I recently started a thread about random crashes in-game, and somebody helpfully linked to something called FFNx, which I installed.  The game runs, and hopefully doesn't crash, but now there's pretty bad screen tearing whenever I walk around.  I read somewhere that you should modify a config file to read fullscreen=no, which I did, but it didn't fix the issue.  I also tried turning the FFNx config fullscreen=no, and that didn't help either.

EDIT: Oops, I'm a dummy, I forgot to turn on vertical sync, LOL.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-15 21:51:34 by DrDastardly »

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: Screen tearing with FFNx installed.
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-16 15:21:37 »
So I recently started a thread about random crashes in-game, and somebody helpfully linked to something called FFNx, which I installed.  The game runs, and hopefully doesn't crash, but now there's pretty bad screen tearing whenever I walk around.  I read somewhere that you should modify a config file to read fullscreen=no, which I did, but it didn't fix the issue.  I also tried turning the FFNx config fullscreen=no, and that didn't help either.

EDIT: Oops, I'm a dummy, I forgot to turn on vertical sync, LOL.

Glad you got it installed and working. Though, V-Sync should be on by default? Are you are saying you turned it off and later forgot you did that?

DrDastardly

• View Profile
Re: Screen tearing with FFNx installed.
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-20 00:34:37 »
Maybe.  I didn't do it on purpose, but somehow I must have.