Author Topic: Midgar Remake  (Read 222491 times)

Rayved

• It ain't easy being cheesy
    • View Profile
Re: Midgar Remake
« Reply #350 on: 2012-10-02 03:09:18 »
Hey Spoox, what do you think about my renders? Would you like some more realistic lighting in your images?

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2012-10-02 16:47:13 »
Well, if you can make some 3d field scene screens with the quality of the renders you showed, I think we'd all be ecstatic  :)
As you can see in the first sticky thread, we're in no shortage of job to be done, so I would invite you to pick a scene none else is doing. We'll be looking forward to having your modelling contributions!

Rayved

• It ain't easy being cheesy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2012-10-02 23:50:53 »
Well I'm already working on some of my own mods so I don't have much time to dedicate on modeling. However, rendering already existing scenes wouldn't be too complicated for me. Once the settings are right, I could just walk my dog or something while my computer is rendering.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2012-10-03 15:23:39 »
Oh. I didn't figure you were offering your services as "rendering farmer". Might be particularly useful for the people involved in remodelling Midgar.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-03 15:25:19 by Mayo Master »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Killerx20

• Shin-Ra Electric Power Company
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #355 on: 2012-10-06 20:38:39 »
Quick post, check this out. I have been working on it for quite some time now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakLTX_p7c8&feature=plcp
Pass it on to people! We are trying to get a lot of recognition on it.

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2012-10-11 04:16:56 »
Rev-amping the reactors again. No more floating geometry! Except the english 05/xx/xx/xx etc.... I'll fix that later.

Midgar is simply too large for a sandbox creation, although.... Noen, Killerx20 and I have successfully gotten our Midgars in the CryEngine 3, yes... It was very fun to walk around :P.

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #357 on: 2012-10-11 11:29:52 »
Rev-amping the reactors again. No more floating geometry! Except the english 05/xx/xx/xx etc.... I'll fix that later.

Midgar is simply too large for a sandbox creation, although.... Noen, Killerx20 and I have successfully gotten our Midgars in the CryEngine 3, yes... It was very fun to walk around :P.
It may be large, but if it was fully recreated in sandbox it would be beyond epic. Let me reprhase that.. It would be beyond EPICCCCC!!!
BTW nice job on the reactors, you have come a long way.

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2012-10-14 12:43:42 »
A pretty render.......

Reactors are now fully updated! Not one bit of floating mesh and all labeled and numbered correctly.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #359 on: 2012-10-15 08:40:35 »
Great!!! I want this now! :P :P

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2012-10-15 09:56:03 »
Sorta offtopic but isn't  Killerx20 in this forum?
I came across this image and it seems pretty much completed. Wouldn't be better to ask him to use this model instead of Sapphire and some other guys wasting their talent on something that has been done before?

Just wondering.. :p

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2012-10-18 09:56:41 »
Sorta offtopic but isn't  Killerx20 in this forum?
I came across this image and it seems pretty much completed. Wouldn't be better to ask him to use this model instead of Sapphire and some other guys wasting their talent on something that has been done before?

Just wondering.. :p

killerx20 and i have been working on our midgars for years, before Team Avalanche even started, either way both our midgars wont stop production until finished and perfected, not for any reason. Though killerx20 has just cloned his plates, TA wants variation. Though with the amount of time I have on my hands lately I don't have much time to do anything. You also don't use models, you just render our FMV's.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2012-11-28 14:33:41 by LeonhartGR »

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2012-11-28 22:34:26 »
OK, let's give Octane a testdrive...
it looks a bit like Maxwell Fire.
 8)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2012-12-14 19:24:31 »
nice toy octane....finally something to fire up the triple SLI with....
would be nice if that would also be incorporated in Maxwell...

Here's a little overview of Sector 8...

8)

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #365 on: 2012-12-18 01:04:30 »

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #366 on: 2013-04-01 01:13:18 »
Hello everybody, long time no see. I have taken a bit of a break from modeling but am now getting back into it.. As of now I have done some minor stuff such as optimizations but have also added all the detail work to the underplate sections.

I do know that I didn't copy the plate supports to the real thing, I may change that in the future.
More to come soon.. I hope =P

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2013-04-01 06:54:20 »
Glad to see you around, it's been a while  :)
Good job on the underside of the Plate! The view is from the Sector 6, right (then are there plans to include wall market sceneries? That would be very heavy...)? I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #368 on: 2013-04-26 05:36:08 »
Glad to see you around, it's been a while  :)
Good job on the underside of the Plate! The view is from the Sector 6, right (then are there plans to include wall market sceneries? That would be very heavy...)? I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Yeah this view is from sector 6 and I do want to include everything that is in Midgar like the wall market, the sector 7 slums and so on. Also I have done a render that took 15 hours today.. Its a basic animation that only lasts 30 seconds at 1080p. This scene has no actual lights placed, everything that creates light is from VRay Light Materials, there are no special effects in the scene and I do know I need to light up the plates with lamps and such. Enjoy, its the first time I ever made an animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLzGdhLkBlw
« Last Edit: 2013-04-26 05:37:42 by Killerx20 »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2013-04-26 15:03:37 »
Very nice  :)  Great job on your first animation!
I'm a bit curious about the poly count you have on that model - if you wish to include the slums and so on, won't that become an issue? Besides, I'm guessing a complex lighting will be pretty demanding in terms of computing resources. What kind of powerhouse of a computer do you rely on?

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #370 on: 2013-04-26 22:40:40 »
Very nice  :)  Great job on your first animation!
I'm a bit curious about the poly count you have on that model - if you wish to include the slums and so on, won't that become an issue? Besides, I'm guessing a complex lighting will be pretty demanding in terms of computing resources. What kind of powerhouse of a computer do you rely on?
Currently I am at 970,000 polys with everything you see in the video. I have rendered something on here that was 15,000,000 before and it handled rather well so I don't think polys will be an issue, I can be very conservative and optimize things. I just need more motivation haha.
Currently my setup is a AMD Fx-8350, 16 gigs of Kingston Hyperx Blu DDR3 ram at 1600mhz and a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Mobo. I just recently upgraded to that, about 4 months ago. The computer I had last was pathetic, but I still did my renders on it.. It used a Core 2 Duo at 1.86ghz and 2 gigs of ram hahaha, renders took FOREVER.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2013-05-02 03:41:25 »
Hey Killerx20,

Just got an idea which could spice up my scenes a little bit: given that your Midgar model is fairly advanced, I was wondering if you could make a bunch of renders in order to build up a panoramic image (360 degrees) that we could use in our scenes as HDR lighting. Would be really neat. I would like to be able to use something like that for the scenes I'm making in sector 5 (thus, that's where from the panoramic view would need to be based, rather at ground level). I think the hurdles would be for you to 1/populate the slums with random junk  2/ find background images for ground and sky, for your own pictures.
Do you think that would be doable? It doesn't have to be right now. I also believe other people would benefit of this concept (for instance, I don't know if SpooX intended to use something like this for making environment lighting of the first fields of the Bombing mission).

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #372 on: 2013-06-05 09:25:55 »
Hey Killerx20,

Just got an idea which could spice up my scenes a little bit: given that your Midgar model is fairly advanced, I was wondering if you could make a bunch of renders in order to build up a panoramic image (360 degrees) that we could use in our scenes as HDR lighting. Would be really neat. I would like to be able to use something like that for the scenes I'm making in sector 5 (thus, that's where from the panoramic view would need to be based, rather at ground level). I think the hurdles would be for you to 1/populate the slums with random junk  2/ find background images for ground and sky, for your own pictures.
Do you think that would be doable? It doesn't have to be right now. I also believe other people would benefit of this concept (for instance, I don't know if SpooX intended to use something like this for making environment lighting of the first fields of the Bombing mission).
Woah hey I'm sorry I forgot to come on and check this in such a long time. I would be glad to render out some images for you to make a panoramic view, just supply me with the information of where you want it to be rendered and such.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2013-06-06 15:50:57 »
No worries, I had other things to keep me busy meanwhile. Anyway, I'll greatly appreciate if you can help me in this endeavor  :)

There are a couple of details I'm still unsure of. However, for the most part, I would need a panoramic view taken from the slums of sector 5, relatively near ground level. Now, about the aspects remaining to be set:
- I'm not completely set on a particular lighting settings. I would prefer some daylight conditions (where we get the feeling of indirect lighting beneath the plate), as the other scenes seem to be shown in daytime (such as the outdoor scene of Aerith's house), with mostly sunshine (partly cloudy if you prefer). I'm guessing the sun lamp would be in the general direction of the South, not sure about how high in the sky (I think we'll avoid zenith though).
- I wonder if there are a couple of other details you may want to set in the scene before rendering. First, I was wondering about populating the ground with "typical slum houses", in the manner of the following scene:
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/142776-the-memory-card-62-leaving-midgar/FFVII%20-%20Leaving%20Midgar-620x.jpg
In that respect, we can keep things rather simple and populate the ground with a single model which can be done quickly, no need to be accurate here.
- How to set the horizon? Probably the simplest would be to have a fitting background image for the landscape and the sky, but I'm not sure where to chose from (Advent Children still frame?)   
Let me know what would work best for you.  :)

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #374 on: 2014-03-06 11:20:11 »
Bringing this thread back from the dead
I haven't really been doing too much of this but I have some progress

I've basically been porting my model over to Maxwell Renderer, also redid the tower fully to FFVII style again, not CC. The renders of the tower and Midgar are quick renders to check progress while the renders of the Sector 1 station took a little more time.

Only just learning how to use Maxwell, but I love the physical based lighting.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-06 11:23:21 by Killerx20 »