Author Topic: Tiny Bronco  (Read 7518 times)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
Tiny Bronco
« on: 2013-04-21 23:08:19 »
Hey folks,

I started a bit of work on a particular model, but I need to pause for a moment before I can do some progress on it. This is where I'm at:

I am trying to model it from several reference pictures, but things get difficult because there's never a perfect match between the respective camera position/target/focal length of the various pictures I'm working on. Since I would like to have good accuracy on that model, I would have the following request:
Could anyone extract the 3d model of the Tiny Bronco and make a Blender file for me (again, I can't do it myself because I only have the PS discs)? There should be a battle model which is involved in the boss fight vs. Palmer. If anyone could do that and upload it on the repo that'd be great.
Thanks!

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny Bronco
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-29 10:18:37 »
I've put a 3ds file into the repo (ref.org.models).
 8)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-29 15:07:33 »
Hooray  ;D  Thanks a lot! I'll try it out tonight.
I'm just hoping that Blender will not mess up your model when importing it. Fingers crossed!

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-30 15:15:27 »
I've put a 3ds file into the repo (ref.org.models).
The import worked without a problem  :)   Thanks a bunch, I think I'm going to have fun with that one!

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-29 04:56:34 »
Hi folks,

Some update on this model after I accidentally lost my previous work on it... I'm trying to have some accuracy on the modelling (as opposed to taking the 3d battle model and subsurf it), the fuselage was a bit time consuming. I still have many parts to do (tail wings, landing gear, rotors, etc.) but it's on a good way I think.

If I can have this model done and nicely textured, then it can be implemented in a bunch of scenes ("sea" and "sky" come to mind, in particular).

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-06-03 19:45:26 »
Nice, looking forward to the landing scene.......:D (cut-scene that is).

PS if you like challanging transport models, give highwind a go....
 8)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-06 16:00:42 »
Thanks! Well, the cutscene is a long way off (I would need to learn making animations, to begin with!), I fear (not that I wouldn't like to do it!)...
Some random good and bad news: I just got my i7 core with 16 Gb RAM beast, did a couple of test renders and the speed is really satisfying  :)  The bad news are: my actual jobs are keeping me very busy and tired, I don't have the energy to do 3d modelling when I'm home (I just need to unplug my brain), which is why I've not been very productive of late. I hope that can change by the end of the month.
As for the Highwind, that'd be an interesting challenge, I would like to give it a try (later, though). Besides, the completion of such a model would be necessary to make a bunch of scenes.
And if I ever happen to make really nice models, I'll have to see how I could submit these to 3d printing  :evil:   

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-06 18:41:02 »
... my actual jobs are keeping me very busy and tired, I don't have the energy to do 3d modelling when I'm home (I just need to unplug my brain...

Now that sounds very very familiar....
 8)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-06-08 00:54:24 »
Thanks! Well, the cutscene is a long way off (I would need to learn making animations, to begin with!), I fear (not that I wouldn't like to do it!)...
Some random good and bad news: I just got my i7 core with 16 Gb RAM beast, did a couple of test renders and the speed is really satisfying  :)  The bad news are: my actual jobs are keeping me very busy and tired, I don't have the energy to do 3d modelling when I'm home (I just need to unplug my brain), which is why I've not been very productive of late. I hope that can change by the end of the month.
heh... sad thing is I have to get away from work to work. (Mutter) some people talk too much for my own good.
As for the Highwind, that'd be an interesting challenge, I would like to give it a try (later, though). Besides, the completion of such a model would be necessary to make a bunch of scenes.
The high wind is it's own area in the game (technically speaking) but I don't think their is much else too it. Does have a store too.
And if I ever happen to make really nice models, I'll have to see how I could submit these to 3d printing  :evil:
Well don't 'thing a verse' it because they have followed google and decided sharing is them owning your work.

Anyhow, would be nice to have a physical model of the highwind (liked it a lot).

Cyb