Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850390 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1450 on: 2012-07-05 20:13:54 »
Has anyone had it where the battle models do not work at all? Everything else is good except battle models.

Can you be more specific?

Does the game crash when entering battle? Do the new models not show? Do the new models show but perform incorrect animations? Any of these could mean the battle models don't work, so it's hard to tell what your issue is specifically.

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: 2012-07-05 21:18:24 »
I don't know what it was actually. I just had to run the bootleg twice to get them to work correctly. The battle didn't freeze or anything. Just the changed battle models for my characters didn't process or something. Default models were loaded. Most likely something I screwed up on my end.

I do have another problem. It might have to do with the fps mod that was recently added? I just got to rocket town and when it shows the flashback of the initial launch of the rocket. The countdown timer comes up. Good till there. My issue is that it goes from 20 seconds to 0 seconds in about 5-7 seconds. Since there is supposed to be text triggered by the countdown timer it only gets to the second text box. It seems the timer is turbo speed but the rest of the game isn't. Odd huh? No errors in my app log either.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 2012-07-05 21:55:37 »
The FPS project is still being worked on, so at this stage we're just beta testing it. You can read about it's progress here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10474.0

Code: [Select]
WORLD MAP FPS CONTROL
W+1 = 15FPS
W+2 = 22FPS
W+3 = 30FPS
W+4 = 40FPS
W+5 = 45FPS
W+6 = 60FPS
W+7 = 80FPS
W+8 = 100FPS
W+9 = 200FPS
W+0 = 400FPS

FIELD FPS CONTROL
F+1 = 15FPS
F+2 = 22FPS
F+3 = 30FPS
F+4 = 40FPS
F+5 = 45FPS
F+6 = 60FPS
F+7 = 80FPS
F+8 = 100FPS
F+9 = 200FPS
F+0 = 400FPS

BATTLE FPS CONTROL
B+1 = 15FPS
B+2 = 22FPS
B+3 = 30FPS
B+4 = 40FPS
B+5 = 45FPS
B+6 = 60FPS
B+7 = 80FPS
B+8 = 100FPS
B+9 = 200FPS
B+0 = 400FPS

M+1 = Move While Talking V1 (glitched cloud but works at events)
M+2 = Move While Talking V2 (Doesn't work correctly at some events)
M+3 = Access Menu While Talking
M+4 = Highwind land on dark parts of the map or in forest's (Don't use on other vehicles only on highwind)
M+0 = Undo Move While Talking, Access Menu While Talking and Highwind landing

CTRL+F3 = Always Run Off
CTRL+F4 = Always Run On

CTRL+F5 = FFX Normal Interface
CTRL+F6 = FFIX Normal Interface
CTRL+F7 = FFX 9999 Interface
CTRL+F8 = FFIX 9999 Interface

CTRL+L = Load anywhere (press twice in field or once if in the in-game menu) NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS WHILE ON THE WORLD MAP (you can load saves on the world map just don't press CTRL+L on the world map)

FF7AnyCDv2 Built in

I don't recommend asking for help there. You will probably be ignored.  BUT, I do recommend keeping up with it's progress and posting your thanks and excitement. If they finish a phase and ask for testing, try it out and report back. Basically, treat the thread as you helping them, rather than them helping you. You will feel much more a part of the community ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-07-05 22:00:03 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 2012-07-05 22:10:25 »
Thanks for your help but the Sound Tab correctly reports my audio card. I got to choose it during Bootleg installation so it can't be that.

But speaking of sounds, there is a weird bug: in the scene in the train just after blowing the Mako reactor, there is no sound whatsoever! I am speaking about the scene where the whole avalanche team is wondering if Cloud made it. There should be the sound of the train, but there is nothing. There should be the sound of Barrett smashing his fist (twice) but nothing. Then when Cloud joins back, they move to the next wagon and by some miracle the sound is back.

That's happened to me before, but not every time. I don't know why it does it.

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 2012-07-06 01:24:26 »
The FPS project is still being worked on, so at this stage we're just beta testing it. You can read about it's progress here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10474.0

WORLD MAP FPS CONTROL
W+1 = 15FPS
W+2 = 22FPS
W+3 = 30FPS
W+4 = 40FPS
W+5 = 45FPS
W+6 = 60FPS
W+7 = 80FPS
W+8 = 100FPS
W+9 = 200FPS
W+0 = 400FPS

FIELD FPS CONTROL
F+1 = 15FPS
F+2 = 22FPS
F+3 = 30FPS
F+4 = 40FPS
F+5 = 45FPS
F+6 = 60FPS
F+7 = 80FPS
F+8 = 100FPS
F+9 = 200FPS
F+0 = 400FPS

BATTLE FPS CONTROL
B+1 = 15FPS
B+2 = 22FPS
B+3 = 30FPS
B+4 = 40FPS
B+5 = 45FPS
B+6 = 60FPS
B+7 = 80FPS
B+8 = 100FPS
B+9 = 200FPS
B+0 = 400FPS

M+1 = Move While Talking V1 (glitched cloud but works at events)
M+2 = Move While Talking V2 (Doesn't work correctly at some events)
M+3 = Access Menu While Talking
M+4 = Highwind land on dark parts of the map or in forest's (Don't use on other vehicles only on highwind)
M+0 = Undo Move While Talking, Access Menu While Talking and Highwind landing

CTRL+F3 = Always Run Off
CTRL+F4 = Always Run On

CTRL+F5 = FFX Normal Interface
CTRL+F6 = FFIX Normal Interface
CTRL+F7 = FFX 9999 Interface
CTRL+F8 = FFIX 9999 Interface

CTRL+L = Load anywhere (press twice in field or once if in the in-game menu) NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS WHILE ON THE WORLD MAP (you can load saves on the world map just don't press CTRL+L on the world map)

FF7AnyCDv2 Built in

I don't recommend asking for help there. You will probably be ignored.  BUT, I do recommend keeping up with it's progress and posting your thanks and excitement. If they finish a phase and ask for testing, try it out and report back. Basically, treat the thread as you helping them, rather than them helping you. You will feel much more a part of the community ;)

Thanks but not quite right. Unless bootleg turns a fps hack on automatically, I never installed a FPS mod. Any thoughts?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 2012-07-06 01:39:38 »
And this is where my skills are pointless and where all of you come into play.

When PitBrat works on a new version, he sends me the code every now and then and I check it. I found a few errors, which were corrected almost immediately. But I can't know how will the files behave, and I just can't install it over and over (and I don't have enough disk space anymore). So you should never negate something. It's better to have an issue being reported many times than none at all. HOWEVER, do ALWAYS read the posts in the first post, and in the most late posts.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2012-07-06 01:51:07 »
Thanks but not quite right. Unless bootleg turns a fps hack on automatically, I never installed a FPS mod. Any thoughts?

Did you install Kramner's Master Control?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2012-07-06 01:51:59 »
And this is where my skills are pointless and where all of you come into play.

When PitBrat works on a new version, he sends me the code every now and then and I check it. I found a few errors, which were corrected almost immediately. But I can't know how will the files behave, and I just can't install it over and over (and I don't have enough disk space anymore). So you should never negate something. It's better to have an issue being reported many times than none at all. HOWEVER, do ALWAYS read the posts in the first post, and in the most late posts.

+1

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2012-07-06 03:04:40 »
Did you install Kramner's Master Control?
No sir. I did not install it. Do you recomend I install it. I just prefabed full install in bootleg. PLus the AC Tifa and Yuffie models.

leostrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2012-07-06 03:15:26 »
Does not work, the installer closes after installing the Remix, the Bootleg 0038 functioned normally, but the 0039 does not install.

Daeir

« Reply #1460 on: 2012-07-06 04:13:55 »
Greetings, trying to run Bootleg 0039 but it just keeps closing after "Recovering Remix Files . . .".

Tried to find what's wrong but didn't manage to find anything so far except a sugestion to redownload the Remix patch, which didn't work anyway.

Bootleg Options: /C2 /S3 /P1 /R0 /O100011101010100000000111001101010111111111001111111100100 /N1 /A1 /V1 /H3 /L5 /M8 /K0 /E2 /T1 /Z1 /B0 /J0 /U1 /W0 /Y1 /Q2 /G2

Brat Code: /@1111070101000000001121110111100001

Any suggestions on what i could be doing wrong?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2012-07-06 04:40:23 »
No sir. I did not install it. Do you recomend I install it. I just prefabed full install in bootleg. PLus the AC Tifa and Yuffie models.

Kranmer's Master Control is what does the FPS changes, so it's up to you if you want to fiddle around with it.

In my own testing, AC Yuffie's Battle Model causes crashes when I enter a battle. The Field Model works great.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2012-07-06 06:39:35 »
My antivirus (Avira Free Antivirus - latest version, updated today) detects virus in the following files:

FF7 Load Save Games by Kramer.exe
FF7 Bar Correction Patch.exe
Avalanche GUI v2.0.8.exe

Anybody else's getting this?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-06 09:17:09 by Salk »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2012-07-06 08:57:43 »
Well, I must say I have not yet really understood how one is supposed to start the game after having installed the Bootleg.

Here's what happens when I try to start it via "Play FF7" box in the Bootleg Configurator (desktop icon):

a DOS window opens briefly in time for me to read "Invalid Switch - Affinity" or something very similar. If I try it again, a new DOS window opens and closes in a matter of a fraction of a second. Nothing happens.

If I click on the Final Fantasy VII icon (desktop):

I get a window saying that a new version of FF7 music is available. Accepting to download it results in nothing, as usual. Choosing "No" does actually start the game.

If I click on the Run FFVII-Bootleg.bat I get again the same "Invalid Switch - Affinity" windows for a brief moment and FF7Music.exe is run again just like above.

If I select "Final Fantasy VII" from the Start Menu, nothing happens except the FF7 Music window appears and minimizes very quickly to then disappear without leaving a trace.

In short, to make the game start, I seem to need to run the FF7Music.exe or otherwise it's a no go.

Can others confirm this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2012-07-06 09:16:56 by Salk »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2012-07-06 10:54:22 »
^ "Invalid Switch - Affinity" i think what you can do for that is go open Task manager right click on bootleg or ff7 forgot which and right click and set affinity to 1 or 2 something like that, i have yet havn't tried this bootleg :/

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2012-07-06 14:02:38 »
Daeir,
What version of the Remix mod are you using?  Is it the single file version or a multiple file version?

Salk,
What version of Windows are you using?
The Bootleg_Readme.txt file explains the AntiVirus issue.
It also contains answers to many other questions.

e1sunz,
I'll test the AC Yuffie model further.
Many of the newer mods will not run on Intel HD GPU's.
The cards don't allocate enough ram to handle the textures.
Unfortunately there's  no way to change the allocated ram except via each individual game's settings.
Hopefully the new OpenGL driver will have a GPU ram allocation setting.

Anguy

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2012-07-06 14:22:40 »
Daeir,
What version of the Remix mod are you using?  Is it the single file version or a multiple file version?

I have the same issue as Daeir and I'm using the single file version of the Remix mod

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2012-07-06 14:24:59 »
Pitbrat,

I am using Windows XP SP3. I read the Readme and the relevant passages are these:

Q:Is FF7anyCDv2.dll a virus?
A:No, it's a false positive.  It's a non essential convenience that enables the game to run without the need to switch discs.

Q:Do I have to disable my virus scanner?
A:Bootleg runs fine with virus software enabled.
  The authors of some of the supported mods-- FF7Music and Menu Overhaul-- suggest disabling virus scanning software before installation.

My Antivirus detects virus on different files (I mentioned them above). Also the second question seems a bit like it's negating any kind of possible issues happening because of Antivirus being enabled.

And yes, I found some answers to my own questions looking here and there but there are some things that are unanswered:

1) What kind of file am I supposed to run after the Bootleg has done its job and everything should be set? It sounds like a stupid question but with all the problems I have been experiencing, I would like to have some safe directions. I have reported what kind of issues I have been experiencing in details.

2) I had installed the "Skip cinematic" from the Menu Overhaul but I can't help wondering: what button do I need to push to skip it? Nowhere could I find this information and I pushed practically every single key on the keyboard.

3) Is there a clean "uninstall" option for the Bootleg?

Also:

The installer is sometimes unresponsive. It happened while extracting files from the FacePalmer, the Remix or Felix Leonhart archives. The execution would hang and the only thing I can do then is to hard reset the computer. I noticed this tends to not happen if I don't do anything at all (no browsing, no opening folders,ecc.) while the installer works.

So far I have been trying different configuration but now I regret to report that no matter what configuration I choose, the game will crash telling me there is a problem with the ff7opengl.fgd file. I tried installing the game without Bootleg, patching it with 1.02 and then installing Aali's driver. It works. So it must be somehow connected to the Bootleg. I tried the Minimal and other custom configurations at least four times ending all in the same way. I have of course changed many settings on the Bootloader (Safe Settings, Default Settings, HDR, ecc. ecc.) and nothing has ever fixed this sudden problem.

I will now try to install everything under Windows 7 64-bit and see if I'll have more luck then.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-06 14:27:00 by Salk »

Sora1995

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2012-07-06 14:53:40 »
Daeir,
I'm also having the same issue. I've used both the single file version and the 4 part multiple file version. I'm starting to think it's something Windows has running that's preventing it. I'm gonna try it in Safe Mode and see if it works.

EDIT: Not even Safe Mode seems to work. So I'm lost as to what is wrong with it.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-06 15:09:20 by Sora1995 »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2012-07-06 15:59:39 »
Try disabling anti-viruses and UAC and close all other programs then try it again make sure to run it as administrator, not sure will fix the problem but would maybe help abit

Sora1995

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: 2012-07-06 17:21:34 »
Try disabling anti-viruses and UAC and close all other programs then try it again make sure to run it as administrator, not sure will fix the problem but would maybe help abit
It's already disabled

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2012-07-06 17:55:03 »
1) What kind of file am I supposed to run after the Bootleg has done its job and everything should be set? It sounds like a stupid question but with all the problems I have been experiencing, I would like to have some safe directions. I have reported what kind of issues I have been experiencing in details.

2) I had installed the "Skip cinematic" from the Menu Overhaul but I can't help wondering: what button do I need to push to skip it? Nowhere could I find this information and I pushed practically every single key on the keyboard.

3) Is there a clean "uninstall" option for the Bootleg?

1) You can use both icons that appear on the desktop. They are "FF7 Bootloader" and "Final Fantasy VII". Bootloader saves your configuration as a file called "ff7_opengl.cfg" within your installation folder, which you can manually change settings with Notepad. The other icon is from FF7Music. When it asks to download an updated version, click No and the game will launch. Either one of those icons must be used in order to hear music.

2) I don't know how to work this either, so I don't use it. I haven't found anything yet I could read on the forums.

3) There is not. In order to start completely fresh, you should uninstall FF7Music first, then Final Fantasy VII, and lastly delete the old game folder (back-up your save folder). If you don't delete the old game folder then mods from previous install(s) are left behind and could intervene with a new install. It is recommended you install to a non-OS directory e.g. C:/Games/FF7. Stay away from ./Program Files and ./Program Files (x86).

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2012-07-06 18:43:01 »
Hello I keep running into the problem saying that your open gl render is in software mode then it trys to open up then just shuts down straight away

Daeir

« Reply #1473 on: 2012-07-06 19:01:44 »
Daeir,

Tried both the single .exe and the 13 part .rar, same thing happens anyway.
Will try the 4 part but doubt it helps.

Both anti-virus/spyware, heck even firewall, and UAC were disabled. Running as admin is useless with UAC disabled (unless you're using a limited profile) but i did do it anyway for the heck of it.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-06 19:09:07 by Daeir »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2012-07-06 19:06:32 »
First of all, I want to thank EQ2Alyza for trying to help me with this.

Thing is, I feel a bit jinxed. I have two computers at home. In one of them, the problem is that I get an error when the game is launched. I get the same error on both Windows XP and Windows 7 64-bit. The difference being that on Windows 7 64-bit the game launches correctly from the Bootloader while on XP it's all much more messy. The end result is still the same.

Then I turned on the other computer, I downloaded again all the mods just to make sure I was not using corrupted files and this time what happens is that at the end of the installation, the ff7_opengl.cfg file shrinks to a 51 bytes dimension and this is the only content:

# Load Multiple DLLs
#load_library = Multi.dll

When I run the Bootloader and choose Configure everything is of course blanked. If I change any parameter and push "Write CFG" it does NOT do it. If I choose a preset and Push "Write CFT" it does NOT do it.

I tried opening the file, write anything with Notepad and then Save it. My changes are there.

Now I am really wondering: what's the matter with all this?  :cry: