Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850370 times)

Salk

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1575 on: 2012-07-18 10:31:11 »
Salk,
There is a version of FacePalmer that already includes the fixes?  Where is the link?
I'm only aware of the original FacePalmer and the 4 fix packs.

PitBrat,

my bad. I thought that the main FacePalmer file was updated and re-uploaded.

But I have done exactly that and have created an archive for it at Google Drive. I'll PM you a link if you like (I am new at that - the link ends with 'Edit' and seems a bit strange to me) and you can tell me if the download speed is good and if you have any interest in supporting it for your next version.

Posts Merged

Which mods do you want to manually install?

Well, there is a bunch of them. If 0040 will fail on me as 0039 did, I'll make sure to give details about this.

Thanks again for your help, EQ2Alyza.  ;)

Three minutes apart? C'mon, use the edit button. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2012-07-18 15:43:09 by Covarr »

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2012-07-18 18:15:57 »
Even with Omzy's FacePalmer Fix Packs, there are still some glitched textures:

When you say glitched textures, what you mean of course, is that they throw an error on screen. They do not, however, have any visual defect. Those screens look perfectly fine, animations, lighting, parallax layers, and all. Now its your choice whether or not you'd rather suppress that error message or throw out the backgrounds. That choice is easy for me.

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2012-07-19 05:00:51 »
Once 0040 is ready, it might be a good idea to start a new thread will all relevant information there. This one is so huge its almost confusing, you never know if there's not some critical information "lost" somewhere not readily visible. Maybe its just me tho.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1578 on: 2012-07-19 05:31:37 »
Once 0040 is ready, it might be a good idea to start a new thread will all relevant information there. This one is so huge its almost confusing, you never know if there's not some critical information "lost" somewhere not readily visible. Maybe its just me tho.

I sort of made one already, although that is not its main intention. I made it just to traffic the people from my YT videos to a simple Bootleg Guide that will be updated after every release. I read this thread daily and quote any bugs PitBrat reports.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2012-07-19 05:53:42 »
When you say glitched textures, what you mean of course, is that they throw an error on screen. They do not, however, have any visual defect. Those screens look perfectly fine, animations, lighting, parallax layers, and all. Now its your choice whether or not you'd rather suppress that error message or throw out the backgrounds. That choice is easy for me.

First off, though it certainly wasn't an original idea, and I think the Facepalmer project owes so much to Blackfan, it is for me the most significant of all the mods outside of alii's driver. Visually, the backgrounds were the number one issue for the PC port, and this project, which for those of you who don't understand the evolution of all this stuff is really a set of macros for fractal upscaling the fragmented backgrounds piece by piece. Pretty darn cool.

That said, are the parts of the game like the bridge in Jeunon and the library under the Shinra mansion fixed now, too? I had it in mind that those were gonna be hard to work around.

I quit obsessively going through the game every time new mods came out some time ago. I think I'll wait a year or two and then play again without trying to get everything and just enjoy it for a change. 

leostrife

• View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2012-07-19 16:47:28 »
I installed the 4 packs and corrected almost the entire game. It only remains now to relaunch FF7 Square 2D scenarios with high resolution, it is impossible today to play a game with textures as bad as the original game. Especially since the game will be ported to DX9.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2012-07-19 18:20:12 »
That said, are the parts of the game like the bridge in Jeunon and the library under the Shinra mansion fixed now, too? I had it in mind that those were gonna be hard to work around.

The Special Cases fix pack addresses those (the algorithm won't work so I did them by hand). If players notice any others broken and report them, I'll update the fix packs.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2012-07-19 18:45:21 »
The mod itself is broken.  I've already fixed the model for the next release of Bootleg.

.040 WORKING
    Added ComplexMultiShader: ComplexMultiShader.zip
    Restored Missing Materia Animations
    Revised Bootleg.log
    +Fixed Translation of DISC_US.LGP
    +Fixed Broken Grimmy's AC Yuffie Battle Model
    +Fixed Broken Grimmy's AC Tifa and Yuffie Installation
    +Fixed Mismatched Enemy Lookup Table when Using Menu Overhaul ReTranslation with New Spell Names and/or Aeris Revival in Normal Mode
    Integrated Mods: ComplexMultiShader.zip

Thanks for the fixes.  :) I hope i won't take that long for version .040 to get released than it took from version 0.38 to version 0.39 ;).

Madlisbon

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2012-07-19 18:56:12 »
 Hello all,i installed the packs with bootleg,but when i start ffvii,after select new game,i cant see the firsat FMV with aeris stay in black screen,and after barret say c'me on new comer,i have to press triangle to access menu for show the game image,i folowed this tutorial step by step http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580

lonereaper

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2012-07-21 03:48:04 »
AMAZING WORK GUYS!! Finally finished downloading the mods, cant wait to try it out!

blueseamonkey

« Reply #1585 on: 2012-07-21 11:33:58 »
FINAL UPDATE: Spotted my own mistake. Forgot to change audio device to speakers  :oops:
Sorry for any inconvenience... Please ignore the following.

I'm having problems using Bootleg 039, following all the instructions, in the way that worked for 038.
However, when it gets to the point where I have to configure graphics and sound, FF7config.exe crashes when I click OK. Bootleg continues on and finishes, but the game then won't start properly, I'm guessing something wasn't configured properly when the program crashed.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-21 23:05:55 by blueseamonkey »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 2012-07-21 12:46:55 »
Hello all,i installed the packs with bootleg,but when i start ffvii,after select new game,i cant see the firsat FMV with aeris stay in black screen,and after barret say c'me on new comer,i have to press triangle to access menu for show the game image,i folowed this tutorial step by step http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580
You probably set your screen resolution wrong

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2012-07-21 18:08:36 »
I sort of made one already, although that is not its main intention. I made it just to traffic the people from my YT videos to a simple Bootleg Guide that will be updated after every release. I read this thread daily and quote any bugs PitBrat reports.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

Thanks, very useful!

Silly me, I had seen your thread but given the different name, I initially thought it was about an alternative bootleg :D

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2012-07-21 20:18:58 »
There are several 100meg+ files that appear to be hosted exclusively on rapidshare according to the Big List of Mods and the in-bootleg links, and well, I'm getting terrible speeds, something like... 30kb/s ... from these...

Is there any alternative?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2012-07-21 22:22:33 »
I'm attempting to mirror the files without much luck.
Peejeshare keeps stalling during uploads.
I have to upload 1 file at a time.  This is very time consuming.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2012-07-21 22:24:13 »
Ah, PitBrat. You're getting in a good timing. There are some things I'm unsure of, can you come over?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: 2012-07-22 01:31:38 »
I've added Google Docs links to most of the Bootleg files in The Big List of FF7 Mods.

Here's an update on Bootleg:
.040 WORKING
Code: [Select]
    Added ComplexMultiShader: ComplexMultiShader.zip
    Added Omzy's FacePalmer Fixes: FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar
    Restored Missing Materia Animations
    Revised Bootleg.log
    Removed Glitched Field Textures: colne_6
    Updated to Ulgp v0.7: ulgp_v0.7.7z
    +Fixed Translation of DISC_US.LGP
    +Fixed Broken Grimmy's AC Yuffie Battle Model
    +Fixed Grimmy's AC Yuffie always Installs with Grimmy's AC Tifa
    +Fixed Mismatched Enemy Lookup Table when Using Menu Overhaul ReTranslation with some mods: New Spell Names, Aeris Revival, Items Easy, Items Normal and Items Difficult
    +Fixed Crash due to Bootleg Setting Incorrect Sound Device
    +Fixed Crash After Remix When Using APZ Cloud or Timu Sumisu Barret
    +Fixed Missing/Broken Hairstyles for Cloud
    Integrated Mods: ComplexMultiShader.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar, ulgp_v0.7.7z

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2012-07-22 16:34:35 »
I hope you can fix the crash at the key config menu when using the german translation, if you haven't done it already. You would make all the german players very happy. :-*

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2012-07-22 18:24:43 »
I'm attempting to mirror the files without much luck.

http://filetrip.net/user.php

No 30k speeds or filesize limits and 100 gb of free storage.  2nd only to mediafire.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2012-07-22 18:45:25 »
So I decided to see if I could download the files from the links. It seems that MediaFire likes to remove files often.

JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar
               Author:   JordieBo               Normal Credits                     Qhimm FILE MIRROR

Links need to be fixed some day....

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2012-07-22 20:45:49 »
You're working from an old list.
I've recently updated the links with Google Docs.

Thanks for the link to FileTrip.  As an added bonus, it supports special characters in file names!

JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar                  JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits.rar                  JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits _DARK_.rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits _GLOW_.rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2012-07-23 10:14:24 »
You're working from an old list.
I've recently updated hanks for the link to FileTrip.  As an added bonus, it supports special characters in file names!

JordieBo's Opening Credits.rar                  JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits.rar                  JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo's Opening Credits [DARK].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits _DARK_.rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo's Opening Credits [GLOW].rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

JordieBo_s Opening Credits _GLOW_.rar           JordieBo        Opening Credits                         Qhimm FILE

Oh woops, my bad PitBrat. Thank you for all of your hard work.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #1597 on: 2012-07-23 15:20:03 »
http://filetrip.net/user.php

No 30k speeds or filesize limits and 100 gb of free storage.  2nd only to mediafire.

Thank you! I bookmarked this for any future backups. Really wonder how long will all those different free filehosters last though...

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2012-07-23 21:50:03 »
Im not sure if this is a known issue or what but I have a odd glitch with the Junon taxi-helicopter. Asking it to take me out of town takes me to the other district, while asking it to take me to the other district makes the game go black screen until Alt+f4'd.

Using an otherwise apparently glitch-free bootleg, Full preset besides some manual portrait changes, current version.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2012-07-23 22:23:57 »
Valamyr,
Do you have the Menu Overhaul with ReTranslation installed?

Has anyone else had an error like this when using Menu Overhaul?