Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850555 times)

Valamyr

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1600 on: 2012-07-23 23:42:50 »
I do have the menu overhaul and retranslation, yes. With the Opt out for Character names only.

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2012-07-24 00:38:53 »
A small question, is the Aeris Revival mod contingent on being installed prior to her death?

Considering the current issues, and since 040 may be coming soon, I'm curious whether I may want to pause my game near the temple of Ancients, or whether I can let her die and magically bring her back later by activating the mod once 040 is out?

Thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1602 on: 2012-07-24 00:50:43 »
I haven't used Aeris Revival yet, but I believe I read that it could cause issues if used after her death.

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2012-07-24 01:26:57 »
Alright thanks. Ill just take my time getting there then... and then train in Junon a bit and do Battle Square or something :)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2012-07-24 02:01:07 »
If you use Aeris Revival after her death, you have to use Black Chocobo to edit your save game and add her back to the party.
Also note that if you're using Bootleg 0039 mode switching and Aeris Revival with Menu Overhaul ReTranslation, there is an error with the scene lookup.

You might want to mention the taxi-helicopter issue in the Menu Overhaul thread.

Erana

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2012-07-24 15:35:39 »
I'm currently in the middle of playing FF7 for the first time.  After playing the game without any additions for the first few hours, I was pretty much dying for an upgrade and a friend linked me here.  I have to admit, at first I was a little uncertain - that many mods?!  In my experience the more mods you have on a game, the more you can expect it to crash.  I figured I'd give it a shot, though, and just back-up my saved games so I could reinstall after the inevitable disaster.  So you can imagine how delighted I was by the fact that there was NO disaster.  Everything installed quickly and beautifully with your mod-manager program.  The game looks a thousand times better, and I haven't had a single solitary glitch.  Of course, that could change as I am still playing it - but either way, I'm impressed and so very, very grateful this management program is here.  It allows those of us who are not experts at mod-installation to get everything working quickly and easily, and it's freakin' fantastic.  So thank you SO much, both for making it, and for keeping it up to date in the face of dead links and disappearing files.  It's much appreciated. 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1606 on: 2012-07-24 18:00:50 »
I'm currently in the middle of playing FF7 for the first time.  After playing the game without any additions for the first few hours, I was pretty much dying for an upgrade and a friend linked me here.  I have to admit, at first I was a little uncertain - that many mods?!  In my experience the more mods you have on a game, the more you can expect it to crash.  I figured I'd give it a shot, though, and just back-up my saved games so I could reinstall after the inevitable disaster.  So you can imagine how delighted I was by the fact that there was NO disaster.  Everything installed quickly and beautifully with your mod-manager program.  The game looks a thousand times better, and I haven't had a single solitary glitch.  Of course, that could change as I am still playing it - but either way, I'm impressed and so very, very grateful this management program is here.  It allows those of us who are not experts at mod-installation to get everything working quickly and easily, and it's freakin' fantastic.  So thank you SO much, both for making it, and for keeping it up to date in the face of dead links and disappearing files.  It's much appreciated.

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Madlisbon

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2012-07-24 18:35:33 »
You probably set your screen resolution wrong
Hello,thx for ur answer but i solved the problem.I just go to bootleg configurator at the plugin part i think and selct the default configuration,after saved configuration and voila,all fmv's and no more black screen :)) ty all.

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2012-07-24 20:18:43 »
Well unlike most games it replaces just about everything instead of loading the orginal stuff then adding stuff on top of it like Fallout 3 Skyrim etc.

Edit: I do have a question that has most likely been asked several times. Why doesn't Ultima edition work? I have both versions so I was wondering what the changes are that effect the install.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-24 21:31:42 by JobeStroud »

RyanYoung95

« Reply #1609 on: 2012-07-24 23:09:50 »
Hey, I can't seem to be able to download the file, has anyone got an alternative link or some way to help?

PitBrat

• View Profile

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2012-07-26 04:32:53 »
Just a quick question: What is the difference between Normal FF7 and Remastered FF7 in mode switching?

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2012-07-26 06:47:22 »
Just a quick question: What is the difference between Normal FF7 and Remastered FF7 in mode switching?

I too am curious about this, i assumed it was something related to the music we hear but i tried both normal and remastered and music stays the same and ive installed it where it installs the remix music but i still hear normal music so not sure but not a game breaker for me but some info on it wouldnt hurt and how to enable it :)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 2012-07-26 13:39:53 »
Remastered mode consists of gameplay changes made by Titeguy3.
The changes include more powerful starting equipment, tweaked enemy AI, a partial retranslation and more.
These are the same changes that are included with The Remix.

Remastered mode doesn't alter the music in any way.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2012-07-26 20:31:28 »
Remastered mode consists of gameplay changes made by Titeguy3.
The changes include more powerful starting equipment, tweaked enemy AI, a partial retranslation and more.
These are the same changes that are included with The Remix.

Remastered mode doesn't alter the music in any way.

Oh ok i see, i guess the reason i assumed it was the music was when ur installing through bootleg and install the music 115 or w/e it asks u do u want the regular PSX music or the "Remastered" so i thought it was related to music because of that, but thank u for clearing that up :)

On a side note, how do u get the music to be different because i installed the Remastered music during bootleg installation and all the music still sounds the same to me?

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2012-07-26 22:51:21 »
I see, thanks. I never really noticed/paid attention to the better enemy AI and starting equipment though. Then again, when I started, I hadn't played FF7 in years.

salib2

• View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2012-07-26 23:44:01 »
Hi brand new here im trying to download the bootleg file but it keeps redirecting me to the google drive page any help would be great

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2012-07-27 01:50:08 »
You can change the soundtrack after installing Bootleg:
    Launch .\FF7MUSIC\FF7MUSIC.EXE
    Click CONFIGURE
    Select the FILES tab
    Select the desired soundtrack in the PROFILE drop down list
    Click SAVE AND EXIT

Salib2,
Have you tried using Chrome and Firefox and Internet Explorer to download Bootleg from Google Docs?
One of those three should work.

Slider6996

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2012-07-27 07:23:41 »
You can change the soundtrack after installing Bootleg:
    Launch .\FF7MUSIC\FF7MUSIC.EXE
    Click CONFIGURE
    Select the FILES tab
    Select the desired soundtrack in the PROFILE drop down list
    Click SAVE AND EXIT

Salib2,
Have you tried using Chrome and Firefox and Internet Explorer to download Bootleg from Google Docs?
One of those three should work.

Ya man it actually works already in game. I thought it was suppose to replace all music but when i got to part in Train on the way to Reactor 2, i heard the new music :) pretty sick if i do say so myself ^^

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2012-07-30 03:04:43 »
Similar to the Taxi Junon issue with reTranslation menu, I want to report a second similar issue: in the Gaia Cliffs area where you fight ice spikes and bats and get the option to jump down or keep going leftwards to reach a chest that contains a Megaelixir, the choice to jump down or not that you get is inverted.

Saying you dont want to jump makes you jump and vice versa. Will be posted in their thread too. Thanks!

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2012-07-31 23:42:36 »
Is it safe to run Bootleg over an already bootlegged install to chance a minor option (like removing item retranslation for Menu overhaul), or must it be done on a clean install if at all?

I also have a more technical question; is there anything in Bootleg and all its mods that potentially affects the validity of saved games? Ie, even if I tried silly stuff that totally broke my install, would my saves still work on a clean install? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2012-08-01 00:28:56 by Valamyr »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2012-08-01 00:44:23 »
You cannot run Bootleg over Menu Overhaul ReTranslation.
To alter Menu Overhaul, you must start with a fresh FF7 installation.
You can use an FF7 image to simplify the process.
An FF7 image is a zip file containing the contents of the FF7 game folder (not the folder itself).

Difficulty mods will affect save games.  Hardcore and Lost Wing save games are not interchangeable.
Model, texture and sound mods do not affect saves.
The saves will continue to work as long as you load them in the mode in which they were created.

Valamyr

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2012-08-01 01:16:40 »
Thanks a ton. Its amazing how much support you give random nobodies, and especially how quickly you respond :)

eternallies01

« Reply #1623 on: 2012-08-02 05:44:06 »
I uninstalled my copy of FFVII like a year ago because I didn't wanna play it anymore. But, i was floating around here and got really interested in the bootleg installer, so I reinstalled it and downloaded all the mods i needed and started up the installer. It told me everything was installed correctly.
So, I opened the game and it said "OpenGL Renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer. Expect extreme lags" and then crashes immediately afterwords. I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried again, but the same thing occurred. My drivers are completely up to date and everything, so I have no clue as to why this is happening. Like I've played this game with mods before with no problem, idk whats wrong.
Heres the APP.log

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series 3.3.11653 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
« Last Edit: 2012-08-02 06:00:32 by eternallies01 »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7