Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850465 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2375 on: 2013-01-12 03:49:52 »
Cross-slash (sorry couldn't get a better shot)
What do mean by 'better'? :-D

Maybe the compress texture option in Ali's driver make some trouble...

Sahloknir74

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 2013-01-12 03:50:35 »
GeForce 580. I seem to have fixed the worst of the graphics problems, by removing the compatibility options from FF7.exe, mounting a FF7 disc image, then running it via bootloader, but now i'm having issues with it crashing during the Sephiroth flashback sequence (At Kalm, just as the flashback fight against their target monster begins).

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 580/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Games\FF7\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.263000, frames: 154
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
UNEXPECTED: zero count
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
set music volume: 0
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 292
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-01-12 03:52:40 by Sahloknir74 »

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 2013-01-12 07:44:57 »
Bootleg has no uninstall feature, so unchecking something and running it does not change anything. Unchecked boxes tells Bootleg to leave those options alone when it runs the install.

To restore your names and items, you will need to do a fresh install of the game, while leaving those boxes unchecked when running Bootleg.

Okay, thank you :)
I'll do this later on (currently at work .__.)

Just a stupid question:
If I had run bootleg with "Translate Text" > English + re-translation unchecked and then a second time with Re-translation (w/o names and items) checked - would this have worked? (sorry for the sentence structure :()

edit: Well... choosing Translate Text -> English converts the names back to the "original".
Running bootleg again with the Re-translation project --> 1 to 1 translated japanese names.
So: The translated names are already build in the Re-Translation project?  ???
« Last Edit: 2013-01-12 10:21:50 by Luceid »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 2013-01-12 18:41:17 »
Was getting the crash at Kalm during flashback scene. Unchecked remove glitched textures from facepalmer section of BFE and crash fixed.

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 2013-01-14 17:12:55 »
I found a fix to my Access Denied error!  Depending on your OS/Computer the fix may be slightly different, here is what worked for me:

-Right click on Computer (or My Computer) and go to Properties.
-For me (windows 7) I scrolled down to the section titled, 'Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings' and click Change settings
-Go to the advanced tab, and click on Environment Variables...
-In the System variables field, find the variable named 'Path'.  Select it and click edit.  -This should be a long string of directories from C:\ each separated by a semicolon.  Make sure that C:\Windows\system32 is present.
-If not add ;C:\Windows\system32 to the string, and BAM!  No more access denied!  8-)
This is the fix for the bootleg Access denied error. Thank you!!

Raeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 2013-01-14 20:47:34 »
I'm having a difficult time getting bootleg040 to successfully download. The download error says "Bootleg040.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator." I've been getting that for the past hour. Any help would be appreciated.

Cacafouillage

• View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 2013-01-14 23:00:12 »
I have downloaded the bootleg and I'm really enjoying it, thanks for the hard work!

I've been trying to change some models that aren't included in the bootleg but I'm getting glitches, mainly with field models (mostly heads glitching, disappearing for a split second every 5 seconds or so and sometimes for the body some parts are transparent like a shoe or a forearm). I've been using lgpt tools 1.6, is it also glitched?
Since none of the models are glitched from the bootleg 0.40, I was wondering if you could help me and tell me which program I should use (I'm pretty sure the models I have should be fully working). I tried using the Custom model folder, but it doesn't seem to work...

And again thanks a lot!

EDIT: PitBrat found the solution to this problem. If anyone is interested, here is what he posted some time ago which works flawlessly for me and is VERY simple (I use LGPT Tools 1.6 which is very noob friendly)
I still receive errors when trying to UPDATE archives even with the 0.8 version of ULGP.
ULGP won't update certain files and crashes with others.

I have better luck by creating an entirely new .lgp archive.
  Extract all of the files from the .lgp archive into a temporary folder.
  Copy the new files over the old files in the temporary folder.
  Use ULGP to compile the files from the temporary folder into a new .lgp archive.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-14 23:46:54 by Cacafouillage »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 2013-01-14 23:45:57 »
The tutorial at the beginning of this thread explains how to fix the blinking heads.
Many of the models don't implement blinking correctly.
The fix prevents them from blinking at all.

Are you talking about transparent parts of models during cut scenes?
That is an issue related to the model and is not easily fixed without rebuilding the whole model.

Cacafouillage

• View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 2013-01-15 13:16:51 »
I had some models I knew were supposed to work flawlessly and yet had transparency issues and/or blinking heads. Using your method of creating a whole new char.lgp fixed those issues. None of these issues were related to any of the models included in the Bootleg.
It's only a fix for those who want to customize there ff7 with more options.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 2013-01-15 15:23:01 »
Are you talking about transparent parts of models during cut scenes?
That is an issue related to the model and is not easily fixed without rebuilding the whole model.

Not true. It is possible to fix it through script editing. In kuro_8 you can see that Sepehy is for a short moment visible...
To make it short, if you calling after the blend shader a light shader they are visible.

You see after blend are two light shaders. The first set the type of light the second will activate the light.

The only values which should set. The rest are zero!

I think it is the best to copy them from Sephiroth (cefi) but you must make sure that the first light shader has no '1' set, I guess there are for fade in/out.

I hope that this is any help for you. ;)

Edit
It's not a perfect solution if the game call another shader the light goes off. But for the I think it's the best solution.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-15 15:25:54 by Kaldarasha »

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 2013-01-15 18:14:34 »
Can someone tell me what I've done wrong here? I'm pretty sure I've seen a fix for this before but I've searched for the past hour and can't find anything :(

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 2013-01-15 20:18:14 »
I guess window.bin seems to be missing or is corrupt.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 2013-01-16 02:43:25 »
All of the counter/timers have been off for me saving for the very first one during the bombing mission. I haven't done a lot of reinstalling to try to test this yet. I wondered if there was a certain direction to work from to see what's causing that, or if it was a known issue already?

muczifoka

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 2013-01-16 22:32:58 »
I have a problem, I installed the game, next Bootleg and some mods (in list it was all green and yellow). After all I run bootleg loader and run ff7. Game run ok (intro) and next I have a menu but without letters (there is only glove). I can choose continue or new game (but I don't see it). Game start but i dont have letters, see in screenshot:

Jreeds26

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: 2013-01-18 00:41:34 »
So i love bootleg 0040! but i have been trying different setups and presets. I finally choose wacky preset and ran bootleg but when it got to the FF7music install part of it, it said "error: incorrect opcode". I noticed after the bootleg was done running i didnt have any ff7music. So i tried starting a new game as as soon as cloud jumps off the train the music stops. Anyone know a solution to this?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 2013-01-18 01:23:50 »
The music doesn't start until after the first battle.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2391 on: 2013-01-18 18:16:57 »
Okay, so I finally got everything to work in the Bootleg 40 mod, but I still have one major error. The transparent HP/MP/Limit/Wait HUD is all jumbled up, and I don't know why or how to fix it. Any thoughts?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 2013-01-18 18:19:50 »
@ mirrorman and muczifoka
it's likely your problem with these with menu overhaul is that cache is on and you should clear all the cache if that didn't help there are more steps explained in the first post over at menu overhaul thread to fix these problems, make sure to turn features like Compress textures in config off
« Last Edit: 2013-01-18 21:11:47 by e1sunz »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2393 on: 2013-01-18 19:26:43 »
Okay, so I finally got everything to work in the Bootleg 40 mod, but I still have one major error. The transparent HP/MP/Limit/Wait HUD is all jumbled up, and I don't know why or how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Uncheck "Break Limit 9999" in Bootloader Configure.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: 2013-01-18 22:17:58 »
Thank you, it worked! But now won't that mean I can't do more than 9999 damage at once?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: 2013-01-18 22:39:59 »
No, you will be able if you chose that option in the Menu Overhaul. Both aren't compatible.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: 2013-01-18 23:41:57 »
Is the fact that checking it in Bootloader messes up my game indicative that I already have it installed to my game as part of Menu Overhaul?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 2013-01-18 23:51:56 »
There is a good chance.

bennyficial

• View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: 2013-01-19 05:26:39 »
Sorry if I sound very noobish but I have been searching for a way to download bootleg 040. I tried the link to the google doc:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwC7kjtdF7wpd3NnWVNIVVhMNVU/edit

But it says sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses.

If i click download anyway then nothing happens. I was able to buy a copy of FF7 PC, have it installed and updated with Aali's drivers. I also downloaded the torrent containing all of Tifa's bootleger mods.

I just want to know how I can download bootleg 040. I am even willing to download older versions if someone can just point me in the right direction

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: 2013-01-19 08:26:10 »
I'm still getting some pretty bad memory leakage. I have to quit after getting to each save point so the game doesn't lock up on me, and trying to do that in Nightmare mode is almost impossible since a lot of the save points have been removed. With task manager open, I notice that with each area I go into, more memory is being added onto it, and it's not unloading the previous area or something. The further I go, the more area's I load, and the more chance it locks up. It's been like this ever since I started bootleg so many version ago. Is there a fix to this, or am I just going to have to deal with it.