Author Topic: Toggle random encounters & speed up mod??  (Read 12618 times)

AaronLandon

• View Profile
Toggle random encounters & speed up mod??
« on: 2020-06-12 04:55:20 »
Hi all - I'm new around these parts, but I've tried to take my time and read through the forums and absorb as much as possible before asking any questions. I believe I'm posting this in the right forum, but if not please let me know and I can re-post in the correct location.

Thanks to the very talented modders here, I have my nearly ideal version of FFVII running, which includes Reunion, Remako, and a few 7H mods. However, there are still two things I'm trying to determine if a solution exists for:

1) Toggle random encounters. One of the things I absolutely love about the recent FFVII releases on modern consoles is the ability to turn random encounters on and off with the push of a button. I know there is an 7H mod which allows turning these on and off, but it requires closing the game and relaunching. Is anyone by chance aware of a solution that allows this to be toggled in game?

2) Speed up / fast forward. Another thing I love about the newer releases is being able to push a button to enable 3x speed. I believe this functionality actually exists in Reunion, but for the life of me I can't get it to work consistently. Is there a mod which gives this functionality (or can someone teach me how to use the function in Reunion properly)?

Again, I apologize if these are rather noobish or ill-informed questions. I'm a lifelong FFVII fan, but just recently discovered this community, and am working hard on getting up to speed.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: Toggle random encounters & speed up mod??
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-13 00:24:59 »
in reunion the speed up function by default is select + switch

switch can be a different button depending on what controller/driver you are using, usually its square on a playstation controller

but satsuki also has a tool that does it:
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18851.0

so the speed thing is solved

but random encounters thing i dont think exists atm, however i think you can use a save editor to hack in an enemy away materia or two... or 20
« Last Edit: 2020-06-13 00:26:58 by Orichalcon »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-13 00:26:13 »
whoops meant to hit modify but i hit quote

AaronLandon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-13 04:58:03 »
Hi all - I'm new around these parts, but I've tried to take my time and read through the forums and absorb as much as possible before asking any questions. I believe I'm posting this in the right forum, but if not please let me know and I can re-post in the correct location.

Thanks to the very talented modders here, I have my nearly ideal version of FFVII running, which includes Reunion, Remako, and a few 7H mods. However, there are still two things I'm trying to determine if a solution exists for:

1) Toggle random encounters. One of the things I absolutely love about the recent FFVII releases on modern consoles is the ability to turn random encounters on and off with the push of a button. I know there is an 7H mod which allows turning these on and off, but it requires closing the game and relaunching. Is anyone by chance aware of a solution that allows this to be toggled in game?

2) Speed up / fast forward. Another thing I love about the newer releases is being able to push a button to enable 3x speed. I believe this functionality actually exists in Reunion, but for the life of me I can't get it to work consistently. Is there a mod which gives this functionality omegle xender (or can someone teach me how to use the function in Reunion properly)?

Again, I apologize if these are rather noobish or ill-informed questions. I'm a lifelong FFVII fan, but just recently discovered this community, and am working hard on getting up to speed.
thank you my issue has been solved

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-13 05:20:33 »
use Ochu

does it work on the steam version?

Ochu is an FF7 trainer and debug tool.  It is compatible with the English game, both the original 1998 release (1.02 only) and 2012/2013 re-releases.