Author Topic: Automated modeler  (Read 4504 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Automated modeler
« on: 2012-04-14 01:49:54 »
I was wondering if it is possible to be created an automated model designer for ff7 like in Saint's Raw the 3rd game that you can edit the values of your model without being an experienced programmer or designer. Just a thought!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ywNObF86TY

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Automated modeler
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-14 04:35:41 »
those models are still modeled at some point :P they don't come out of thin air, and while yes they are easily adjusted there,.... you still need to make them in the first place, which in ff7's case is all you have to do anyways, so doesnt help all that much.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-14 12:09:55 »
Thanks for your response ;) Well there are some options for changing the values of the face parameters which are really detailed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfnBXkzgdTk Case is if it would be possible to create such a configurator even as a stand alone application.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-15 04:06:58 »
There are programs that do this kind of thing, facegen, for example, however... it'll look weird as hell in ff7 :P

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-15 15:53:20 »
it'll look weird as hell in ff7 :P

I'm a "weird"person myself :P :P Well I thought that in this way I might could accomplish coming up with a realistic Cloud model... to match the technical demo... :)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-15 17:42:35 »
Also remember that some characters have multiple models.
The procedure you use to deform the models would need to produce similar changes in the other models to maintain a uniform appearance throughout the game.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-21 01:38:11 »
While a modeler of that degree might not be applicable to FF7 we could do something where modelers could pool parts they make, parts from the game, etc. and you could scroll through them. The program has to be made though and has to read ff7 model files. Quite a task.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-21 12:09:24 »
While a modeler of that degree might not be applicable to FF7 we could do something where modelers could pool parts they make, parts from the game, etc. and you could scroll through them. The program has to be made though and has to read ff7 model files. Quite a task.

:)

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-07 18:27:51 »
I'm no expert....pretty much a noob, but i think there can be a possibility for that kind of modelling program/engine....if you consider ff7 and wwf ps1 games(don jump down on my throat regarding the vast differences between them, just saying depending on the level of requirements) it is possible to have a creating program, where you have a bunch of "stocks" whether it's body types of male, female, types of hair, mouth nose, clothes etc size variations and adjusting options...like wwf has a "create your superstar" in-game it self....obviously the skeletons of the original characters when they were initially created for the game are used here, with a few new unrelated, original parts and stuff for you to mess around with...not only is it possible for you to recreate the superstars already in the game to the exact to the pixel but you can make stuff you never saw in the game.

Point i'm trying to say, given the amount of data already there within the lgp archives, and knowledge people have about animation and modelling tools, there can be a "ready model" creator...just put your parts and adjust......making such a program though is another story :(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-08 02:37:01 »
The closest thing we have for FF7 now is the ability to swap heads and weapons.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-08 15:31:32 »
i suppose that's something like renaming and repacking of files in the lgp archives right?