Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 720001 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #1000 on: 2012-10-16 07:22:01 »
I have made several post about this before and since I was probably posting in the wrong spot and no one giving any info I decided to try here.  So as I stated before I was trying to make new limits for Sephiroth since I got tired of seeing him all deformed when using Cloud's.  I got the text to show up and everything but the animations and everything are all screwy or just don't work.  For one limit I am trying to make him do his normal attack.  Another one I wanted him to use a bunch of magic attacks.  The third one I wanted him to use the heartless angel like in his Safer mode.   Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1001 on: 2012-10-16 11:46:44 »
animation ID offsets differ depending on the type of attack
for example, 00 for magic is different from 00 for summons or 00 for items or 00 for enemy attacks.. etc
There's a list of some of these IDs somewhere. I found it a while ago with the search function

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2012-10-16 17:17:35 »
Thanks for the pointing me to it and I managed to find it.  The only thing now is trying to use the formula posted and see if it could work but the only thing is i'm not sure if I could do it right.  My math is pretty spotty since I haven't done any in awhile.  So if someone could help me out with it it would be most appreciated.  I am trying to get Safer's Heartless Angel and Supernova into limits.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1003 on: 2012-10-16 17:24:31 »
supernova is hardcoded to only work on that ONE SPECIFIC background you have during the safer fight.
it will crash everywhere else guaranteed.
heartless angel MIGHT be the same and even if it isn't I don't know if limits can access animation IDs that far up

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1004 on: 2012-10-16 17:34:33 »
I should get mad about this, but it's hard to when the answer is buried two screens deep in the first post.

My findings with answers related to animations are documented here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8195.0
Bosola has a better topic about it somewhere. Likely on the same forum. Just search for Animations and you'll probably find it by page three of the results.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 2012-10-16 17:40:37 »
I saw that post and was confused on how to do it since my Algebra is spotty to non existant I couldnt resist to ask.  So now the next question is could I use some magic spells into the mix for limits?  The only reason why I think it possible at is because some limits cast things on allies or the caster itself.

Edit: Thanks for all the links and patience.  Currently I am not at home to work with it so all I can do right now is ask.  So i'll wait till I get home and try to work with it.  I'll ask when it doesn't work.  Thank you all for your time.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-16 17:48:29 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1006 on: 2012-10-16 18:11:22 »
I have a list of absolute indexes for magic, items and enemy skills but not enemy attacks or limits ( I really didn't care about either )
but it should be possible to take the list, adjust the start and simply change the values since the order is always the same

( for example, 4C in the magic list is light shell. 4C in the enemy skill list is the hermit card from the purple jokers in the north crater
4C in the item list is the panaceca animation ( essentially, it seems that item animations come before magic. so the real list would be item animations, go beyond FF and then the magic absolute animation ID table starts at +46 ( and subsequently, every other table at +46 + what we already have )
it's easier to go off the magic list though. most if not all item animations exist as something else somewhere

limits being +EC however instantly catapults them into the long, long list of "breaks game" i.e. animations that won't work with anything except what they have.
for example, in the kernel, all of Tifa's limits have the animation ID 15 ( interestingly, the limit before tifa's first has animation ID 14 and the one after, ID 1C, implying that the game somewhere attributes ID 16-1B to the limits as they go
since animation IDs cannot go backwards, and they're the last animations in the list of animations, me thinks you cannot give a limit a different animation, no matter what.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2012-10-16 20:10:26 »
Thanks for the clarification.  Although looking at lost wings work it has the limits where he stands still.  For example one was showing omnislash but instead of him poorly mirroring the animation for it he just stands still but everything else happens normally and he is right infront of the enemy it is hitting.  Do you know how he/she did this?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1008 on: 2012-10-16 20:18:53 »
I haven't looked at that. Is that a player character using the limit or the enemy sephiroth?
Technically, giving sephiroth omnislash as a limit will still have him execute the limit. But as the animation is not made for the model, it'll default to some odd behavior. which is the stand-there-and-fire-hits thing.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2012-10-16 20:41:42 »
Yes the character i'll look up the video and link it in this post.

Edit: okay that took no time at all lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86taLuvg5uc&feature=relmfu.  They stated its for both PSX and PC.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-16 20:44:34 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1010 on: 2012-10-16 20:50:44 »
That's simply using sephiroth in party and assigning him limits via wall market
they will all look buggy as hell

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2012-10-16 20:58:07 »
I see I guess i'll just stick to my current plan by using Vincent's limits.  Maybe I should adjust the properties and rename them.  I could try to make a new one using Vincent's as a template and work on that and rename it as mentioned earlier.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1012 on: 2012-10-16 21:09:24 »
The main problem is that all the attacks the vincent creatures do are also limits and thus their animations cannot be replaced.
Renaming them is possible and relatively easy and so is editing the actual attack properties but the animations can't be changed.
Actually, I THINK there is a way to let anyone use specific non-limit attacks as a limit as long as they're magic, summon or enemy skills
Essentially, you'd edit the actual limit they learn in the kernel ( lets say, have cloud learn KOTR as lvl 4 limit ) and that should theoretically work. And of course, if it works you can edit that attack to fit your need... I have absolutely NO IDEA if that actually works or freezes the game, so MAKE BACKUPS

edit: ran a test, doesn't work
non-limit attacks won't show up when you select limit ( that explains why no menu will show up at all if you replace the x-1 limits with a non-limit attack )

The only other way would be to run a post-turn / pre-turn script off the character that executes specific attacks prepared before hand when performed action = 20
you'll have to figure that out on your own though
« Last Edit: 2012-10-16 21:26:59 by Tenko Kuugen »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2012-10-16 22:38:22 »
Yeah until I get more acquainted with limits and getting them to work.  The thing when I tried it is I discovered certain things.  First there is a entry for the actual limit itself and a separate entry for the box that actually appears.  Sorry if this was something your already aware but figured I point it out all the same.  So when I duplicated the format once i've discovered it you need the little special text for the red box that the limit uses.  So once you do that it will appear and you can have it assigned to wallmarket.  I'll run a test later and let you all know what I come up with.

Edit: So after much trial and error I have concluded that Vincent's attacks are unmoddable.  No what element or property I assign will work.  For instance I use Beast force and changed it into Wrath of the Chosen which does gravity damage to all enemies.  However it still does fire element damage which is reflected when fighting creatures who gain health with fire damage.  Also for another example I used Nightmare and renamed it Heartless Angel(Only one I could think of that might be the best fit with the choices given by wallmarket.  However Nightmare still does the status inflictions that I have all checked and checked toggle off and does not do what the original move is suppose to do.  So I guess this is not possible unless i'm missing something.

Edit: So I have come yet defeated again.  Although something is leading me to believe that maybe only some characters like Vincent are quite possible hard coded because he only has them while transformed and I believe that was a hint there.  On accident I left Tifa's move that I had altered but didn't bother to fix but when she performed her second attack the game froze.  I was going to see if I could do it with Cait Sith's limits because I don't really ever plan on using him.  I'll try at a later date and let you guys know if it works.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17 02:46:41 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1014 on: 2012-10-17 09:42:12 »
you do realize that SOME limits ( Tifa ) are handled in the kernel while all the others are handled in the .exe
there is a limit editing tool called Libre
get it

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2012-10-17 14:24:52 »
Right but unfotuanetly it doesnt support our new Re-Release version.  Also from what I can tell you can't rename the limits but I guess that would be done in the Kernal.bin since the label for the box is in there.  Would this also affect the menu too?

Edit: I actually first used that .EXE editing and after many attempts it didn't work.  However I was working with things I was unfamiliar with.  Thanks for pointing this out to me you just have me an idea.  Some times my brain just doesn't work as well as it should some times.  Again I am currently at work and won't have access to my game or my comp.  As soon as I get home and see if I can get it to work i'll post a result of my attempts.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17 14:29:34 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1016 on: 2012-10-17 16:22:56 »
you can just convert the re-release to the old release for full modability
The names and texts of the limits are edited in wall market ( and so are actually some limits like tifa's ) but the attacks are edited in the .exe

in theory, you can edit the limits in the old .exe, go to the addresses they're stored at, write it down or export the code string, go to the new .exe ( there are plenty of mentions of how much the offset difference is, so apply that and you arrive at the same point in the .exe ) and override the existing limit string

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2012-10-17 16:41:45 »
I was thinking of going somewhere along that route.  Plus I know its cheesy but I atleast want to get all the achievements first.  Also the main reason why I didn't finish the convert is because I was having trouble getting the ISO to work.  I followed the tutorial exactly but it keeps saying load one of three discs.  So yeah once I get home i'll see what I can come up with.

Edit: plus I want to atleast try to help make just about all mods applicable no matter what version you use.  I know it is a major and most likely impossible feet but if I can contribute in anyway to atleast getting maybe even 90% to work i'd be happy.  It's just something that i'm starting to get really into especially since I love this game.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17 16:44:35 by genesis063 »

nmn132

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2012-11-22 16:27:54 »
How do I make HP and MP sources? The data for sources are all identical except their item IDs. Is there an ID for HP and MP sources that was unused by the developers? Or would I have to hex edit them into the game?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2012-11-22 16:42:28 »
The KERNEL.bin file is only for the battle specs. The field's effects are not there.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1020 on: 2012-11-24 06:10:20 »
the sources, like all items that are used in the field menu, are handled in the .exe and you need to hex edit that
stuff like sources and tents have advanced code to them so you need to ask someone who really knows their way around that to change it

nmn132

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2012-11-25 19:46:30 »
Someone like NFITC1?

Does anyone know the address for sources and the stat ID for them? If it's like materia I can just make new sources from the unused items and change their stat ID to 8 and 9. (8 is for HP and 9 for MP in materia).

The value, if it's like potions, could be changed to 100 for HP source and 10 for MP source.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1022 on: 2012-11-26 01:20:17 »
Someone like NFITC1?

Yeah, I bet I could do it. I'd have to double check it, but in theory it shouldn't be too hard. Since this is the WM thread we should converse about it via PMs. Let me know if you're interested (it will be slightly harder than you described).

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1023 on: 2012-11-26 09:01:11 »
Yeah, I bet I could do it. I'd have to double check it, but in theory it shouldn't be too hard. Since this is the WM thread we should converse about it via PMs. Let me know if you're interested (it will be slightly harder than you described).

if you manage it, send me a copy of the pm where you explain it please

meesbaker

• View Profile
Bug in Wall Market :)
« Reply #1024 on: 2013-01-15 22:05:55 »
Hey first of all thx for wall market its an awesome tool. However I wanted to report a slight bug in it, well its rather a mistake. The physical
damage formula does not display correctly. When editing spells I thought the physical formula was not accesible because it says:

(strength/16) * (atk+((atk+level)/32)^2) which gives significantly less output than the TRUE formula which is:
(strength/16)* (atk+ (atk+level)/32 * atk * level/32) which can be simplified to

(strength/16)* (atk+ (atk^2*lvl+atk*lvl^2)/1024) which should be displayed in wall market as well.
 EDIT: Took out the math explanation which was trivial.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-16 02:51:02 by meesbaker »