Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836612 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #10900 on: 2021-06-16 09:09:39 »
Thanks to M. S. and J. C. for the donations.

tonyfinale

• View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: 2021-06-18 04:15:25 »
I was just testing around the newest version and noticed the Shinra Manor flashback that had the Zack fight in 1.5 or whatever older version I played was changed to a fight with just some generic soldiers and the like. Is there like a comprehensive changelog of specific boss/scene changes like that from 1.5 to 2.0? Other things like the Genova fight after Aeris's death were also altered, and I'm just curious on just how much was changed up
« Last Edit: 2021-06-18 04:32:01 by tonyfinale »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: 2021-06-18 13:59:40 »
I was just testing around the newest version and noticed the Shinra Manor flashback that had the Zack fight in 1.5 or whatever older version I played was changed to a fight with just some generic soldiers and the like. Is there like a comprehensive changelog of specific boss/scene changes like that from 1.5 to 2.0? Other things like the Genova fight after Aeris's death were also altered, and I'm just curious on just how much was changed up

It was a revamp so all the encounters were revisited and mostly done from scratch.

Geef

• View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: 2021-06-19 16:10:55 »
Hey, Sega. Quick question:

Maybe I'm an idiot or maybe I didn't look hard enough, but in the documentation, it lists the third 1/35 soldier's location in the Corel Prison Pub. I've mashed circle up and down the inside and outside of the place, thinking it was stuffed under a barstool or something, but I haven't been able to find it. The one listed in the Jockey Room was definitely there, though.

Thanks!

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: 2021-06-20 00:28:04 »
Just got my ribbon in v1.5 and I'm sad... LOL

Managed to finish all the materia caves so far, and FINALLY the mystery ninja.. without saying too much

Now I started on junon league today however I manage to pass all 3 leagues but for some reason I haven't unlocked the second stage of leagues.. Did I miss something ? Also the first time round I did the one league kept progressing waves over and over again to the point I had nearly 100+ points on Tifa.

Also Valiant Clod was genuinely.. DIFFICULT. Red helped massively with his life drain.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-20 13:34:18 by MrMadakey »

Ruthar

• View Profile
« Reply #10905 on: 2021-06-21 08:53:00 »
I am playing the NT 2.0 version and i am at post-collapse Mideel. I haven't found the Osmose materia yet. It should be either at Costa or Mideel before/post collapse. Could someone send a screenshot where it should be found? Has anyone faced the same problem?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: 2021-06-21 10:47:01 »
Hey, Sega. Quick question:

Maybe I'm an idiot or maybe I didn't look hard enough, but in the documentation, it lists the third 1/35 soldier's location in the Corel Prison Pub. I've mashed circle up and down the inside and outside of the place, thinking it was stuffed under a barstool or something, but I haven't been able to find it. The one listed in the Jockey Room was definitely there, though.

Thanks!

I checked and looks like it's been disabled. In a recent patch, they were all moved to locations where they could be acquired if missed:

Spoiler: show

1) Mythril Mines
2) Junon
3) Gold Saucer, Dio's Museum
4) Gongaga, 2nd floor of General Store
5) Da Chao
6) Great Glacier, Far-West Cave
7) Cosmo Canyon: Bugenhagen's House (3rd Floor)
8) Gold Saucer Sub Prize #5
9) Icicle Inn, Hotel 2nd Floor
10) Gelnika Hallway
11) Nibelheim: Right-hand house, upstairs
12) North Crater: Left-Up Path

The ones in missable locations were set to be disabled/hidden but maybe I didn't set the jockey room one to be hidden. However, it'll be using the same trigger as its replacement so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Just got my ribbon in v1.5 and I'm sad... LOL

Managed to finish all the materia caves so far, and FINALLY the mystery ninja.. without saying too much

Now I started on junon league today however I manage to pass all 3 leagues but for some reason I haven't unlocked the second stage of leagues.. Did I miss something ? Also the first time round I did the one league kept progressing waves over and over again to the point I had nearly 100+ points on Tifa.

Also Valiant Clod was genuinely.. DIFFICULT. Red helped massively with his life drain.

Junon Leagues had a script flaw in it somewhere, most likely something to do with the continuous loop it used. I don't think there's a second stage of leagues, should just be the 3 tiers.

I am playing the NT 2.0 version and i am at post-collapse Mideel. I haven't found the Osmose materia yet. It should be either at Costa or Mideel before/post collapse. Could someone send a screenshot where it should be found? Has anyone faced the same problem?

I think it's bought from a materia shop, the Costa Del Sol one.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: 2021-06-21 13:47:40 »
So first real bug I've encountered in v1.5, I came to the northern cave to try and get to the point of no return to open up some of the side quests and party leader change. I usually use Aerith/Aeris in my party because she's been rather strong throughout.

Anyway when I was given the option of where they all wanted to go I sent Aeris down with me and put her in my party, when I got to the second screen where you get asked for a second time where everybody is going to go, Aeris had no option and she wasn't in my party. I was left with only Cloud and Tifa in my party and couldn't progress because Aeris just wasn't in my party. Also I lost a lot of progress from the battle square because of having to go back to a previous save which made me really sad. (This part isn't relevant to the bug but it made me sad never the less)

Ruthar

• View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: 2021-06-21 17:35:17 »
"I think it's bought from a materia shop, the Costa Del Sol one."

Okay, this sounds like a weird bug to me then. The only materias being sold in Costa Del Sol are: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Gravity and Poison. I don't really care about the Osmose ability, although it should be nice to have, but i don't know if i will be able to get the master magic materia. So, could there be a way to fix this bug?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: 2021-06-21 22:45:55 »
So first real bug I've encountered in v1.5, I came to the northern cave to try and get to the point of no return to open up some of the side quests and party leader change. I usually use Aerith/Aeris in my party because she's been rather strong throughout.

Anyway when I was given the option of where they all wanted to go I sent Aeris down with me and put her in my party, when I got to the second screen where you get asked for a second time where everybody is going to go, Aeris had no option and she wasn't in my party. I was left with only Cloud and Tifa in my party and couldn't progress because Aeris just wasn't in my party. Also I lost a lot of progress from the battle square because of having to go back to a previous save which made me really sad. (This part isn't relevant to the bug but it made me sad never the less)

Sorry about the lost progress, I'll set up 1.5 and check through the scripts in that section.

"I think it's bought from a materia shop, the Costa Del Sol one."

Okay, this sounds like a weird bug to me then. The only materias being sold in Costa Del Sol are: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Gravity and Poison. I don't really care about the Osmose ability, although it should be nice to have, but i don't know if i will be able to get the master magic materia. So, could there be a way to fix this bug?

I checked the patch notes, it seems that it's the post-collapse Mideel shops that carry Osmose.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-21 22:48:41 by Sega Chief »

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: 2021-06-22 08:43:20 »
Sorry about the lost progress, I'll set up 1.5 and check through the scripts in that section.

Not your fault I should've saved (No seriously what kind of an idiot doesn't save after Battle Square) but thank you for checking it out!

To give you the most accurate description, I sent Cid, Vincent, Tifa, Cloud and Aeris Left on the first option.
My party was as follows: Cloud, Tifa and Aeris.
In the second screen I sent Cid and Vincent down, Me and Tifa went up. As mentioned no option for Aeris so I'm not sure where she went but she wasn't in the party on the second options.

Hope this helps!

On a side note, who exactly can I steal the Oritsuru from ? I'm around 23 magic shurikens in on Christopher in the northern cave and he still hasn't given it to me.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-22 13:46:46 by MrMadakey »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: 2021-06-22 15:42:23 »
Not your fault I should've saved (No seriously what kind of an idiot doesn't save after Battle Square) but thank you for checking it out!

To give you the most accurate description, I sent Cid, Vincent, Tifa, Cloud and Aeris Left on the first option.
My party was as follows: Cloud, Tifa and Aeris.
In the second screen I sent Cid and Vincent down, Me and Tifa went up. As mentioned no option for Aeris so I'm not sure where she went but she wasn't in the party on the second options.

Hope this helps!

On a side note, who exactly can I steal the Oritsuru from ? I'm around 23 magic shurikens in on Christopher in the northern cave and he still hasn't given it to me.

Yeah the directions they were sent in should help for testing and replication.

It seems to be a drop from Christopher, but mind that if you steal an item from that enemy then it'll make their drop unavailable.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: 2021-06-22 16:13:16 »
Yeah the directions they were sent in should help for testing and replication.

It seems to be a drop from Christopher, but mind that if you steal an item from that enemy then it'll make their drop unavailable.

YEP I just got it thank you, I see what I was doing wrong... Kept on stealing thinking it was a steal and because of that it wouldn't drop the item. Wow I wish I knew that sooner LOL Thank you!

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: 2021-06-23 21:02:27 »
I'm so far beyond spoiling for people out of frustration from bugs

So back to the battle square again.. So in the platinum match as we know Cloud uses white wind quite continuously. However as we all know white wind is only supposed to heal for the amount of health a character has.. Now this has happened to me twice so far but he healed himself for 7k. I proceeded to hit him for around 10 - 12k and he didn't die, instead he continued to white wind himself again for 9,999 all over again... Now to make matters worse I decided I would try and cast reflect on both the enemy team so if he did keep using white wind then maybe it would reflect back to me..

FAT CHANCE, it healed the guy who was dead on the floor... Cloud.. That's right... Cloud was lying on the floor dead with 2k life...

Now I'm very VERY frustrated so if I come across as salty.. I kind of am

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: 2021-06-24 18:06:35 »
Sup.

I tried the purple materia cave fight today and the game crashed on me. It was when I used Cid's limit on the second party.

Not much of a problem because I was way over my head anyway.

When and at what level should I be attempting these? They were really kicking my ass, but then again, I'm far from an expert.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: 2021-06-24 23:25:12 »
I'm so far beyond spoiling for people out of frustration from bugs

So back to the battle square again.. So in the platinum match as we know Cloud uses white wind quite continuously. However as we all know white wind is only supposed to heal for the amount of health a character has.. Now this has happened to me twice so far but he healed himself for 7k. I proceeded to hit him for around 10 - 12k and he didn't die, instead he continued to white wind himself again for 9,999 all over again... Now to make matters worse I decided I would try and cast reflect on both the enemy team so if he did keep using white wind then maybe it would reflect back to me..

FAT CHANCE, it healed the guy who was dead on the floor... Cloud.. That's right... Cloud was lying on the floor dead with 2k life...

Now I'm very VERY frustrated so if I come across as salty.. I kind of am

I had a look at 1.5's files; not really sure what's going on there. White Wind doesn't have the No Retarget flag so why White Wind was able to land on a KO'd character is a bit odd, unless it's a quirk of how reflect works with a target-all skill.

But it sounds like the AI isn't working quite right. The flow of that part of the script is:
Every third turn:
If he has Reflect, use Shadow Flare
If no Reflect but has MBarrier, use Laser
If no Reflect or MBarrier, then use White Wind.

If Reflect is on, the enemy should be using Shadow Flare and not using White Wind at all (this should also only be going out every third turn; was White Wind used twice in succession?)

I'll revisit this fight when I'm doing the North Crater maintenance and redo it a bit.

Sup.

I tried the purple materia cave fight today and the game crashed on me. It was when I used Cid's limit on the second party.

Not much of a problem because I was way over my head anyway.

When and at what level should I be attempting these? They were really kicking my ass, but then again, I'm far from an expert.

Was the Limit used Hyper Jump by any chance? It causes crashes on the Steam version of the game (though I think it was fixed on the later versions of Aali's driver for the 1998 PC version and I assume that it's sorted on the FFNx version as well).

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: 2021-06-25 06:06:57 »
Was the Limit used Hyper Jump by any chance? It causes crashes on the Steam version of the game (though I think it was fixed on the later versions of Aali's driver for the 1998 PC version and I assume that it's sorted on the FFNx version as well).

It actually was Hyper Jump.

My FFNx (the one that came with 7th Heaven I assume) was a couple of versions behind. Havent found references to that fix in the changelogs, but I updated it anyway. If I see it happening again I'll report it to them directly. Thanks.

LightningFlik

• View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: 2021-06-25 19:20:19 »
Hello! I just wanted to let you know there's a typo in the dialogue for the train conductor in the Sector 7 train station after finishing the first mission: "desparate" should be "desperate".

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: 2021-06-26 11:36:34 »
I had a look at 1.5's files; not really sure what's going on there. White Wind doesn't have the No Retarget flag so why White Wind was able to land on a KO'd character is a bit odd, unless it's a quirk of how reflect works with a target-all skill.

But it sounds like the AI isn't working quite right. The flow of that part of the script is:
Every third turn:
If he has Reflect, use Shadow Flare
If no Reflect but has MBarrier, use Laser
If no Reflect or MBarrier, then use White Wind.

If Reflect is on, the enemy should be using Shadow Flare and not using White Wind at all (this should also only be going out every third turn; was White Wind used twice in succession?)

I'll revisit this fight when I'm doing the North Crater maintenance and redo it a bit.

Sorry I just saw the reply, my apologies. It was twice in succession yes, He first did a Flare after the reflect which I thought was rather smart on your part (I can't cheese it that way) and yuffie died, final attack procced and a phoenix went off, I proceeded to kill Tifa with yuffie (A lot of the attacks were physical so I was trying to use yuffie's innate to carry me because the other 2 would just die in one hit) and then proceeded to beat on Cloud. He healed multiple times in succession but it never hit my dead character for very much, for example when he did a 9,999 white wind it only healed my dead character for around 1k, I didn't pick up on it until somebody pointed it out that my character had 2 - 3k life dead on the ground.

Trying to give as detailed description as possible.

A theory of one person said it might've been something to do with Cloud trying to white wind himself and instead hitting the other cloud in the fight ? This was just a theory though.

Also I would like to mention, the 7k white wind he did was when he didn't have reflect. This was 2 separate tries sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-26 11:40:04 by MrMadakey »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: 2021-06-27 16:28:19 »
Hello! I just wanted to let you know there's a typo in the dialogue for the train conductor in the Sector 7 train station after finishing the first mission: "desparate" should be "desperate".

No worries, I've corrected the typo and it'll be going up in the next patch.

Sorry I just saw the reply, my apologies. It was twice in succession yes, He first did a Flare after the reflect which I thought was rather smart on your part (I can't cheese it that way) and yuffie died, final attack procced and a phoenix went off, I proceeded to kill Tifa with yuffie (A lot of the attacks were physical so I was trying to use yuffie's innate to carry me because the other 2 would just die in one hit) and then proceeded to beat on Cloud. He healed multiple times in succession but it never hit my dead character for very much, for example when he did a 9,999 white wind it only healed my dead character for around 1k, I didn't pick up on it until somebody pointed it out that my character had 2 - 3k life dead on the ground.

Trying to give as detailed description as possible.

A theory of one person said it might've been something to do with Cloud trying to white wind himself and instead hitting the other cloud in the fight ? This was just a theory though.

Also I would like to mention, the 7k white wind he did was when he didn't have reflect. This was 2 separate tries sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

If it was used twice in a row then must be a flaw in the AI; I'll sort it out and have a patch up for 1.5 sometime next week (there was some other things I needed to fix in it too).
« Last Edit: 2021-06-28 11:19:38 by Sega Chief »

PrismRules

• View Profile
« Reply #10920 on: 2021-06-29 12:34:27 »
Made an account just to say excellent mod! It's so good that I'm not going to be able to play the normal version of FF7 anymore.
So I have a few random quirks I found that may or may have not been reported already (and might just be normal FF7 bugs) but I'll post them anyway. I'm up to the part where you get the Tiny Bronco. This was with Type B game.

1: During the first visit to the Gold Saucer, the party splits up and you get to pick one party member to take with you, the other spot being intended for Cait Sith shortly after. Walking out of the room after selecting Aerith, then going to the save point, PHS and picking up Yuffie, then walking back in and talking to another person caused Yuffie to try and walk out of Cloud back to her spot, softlocking me when she got stuck (I forgot to save too so this was extra memorable). It'd probably also cause problems when you're getting Cait Sith, so maybe throwing an invisible wall in there behind you would save some idiots like me...

2: Not sure if intentional but lvl 33 Vlakorandos in the plains around Bone Village have 33333 hp, and even with my pretty overleveled lvl 45 party (I forgot about no exp mode while materia leveling in nibel, rip) he did not go down quickly. Nearby Tonadu's on the beach have 3600 hp so might be a case of an extra 3. The Bone Village area's forest also has absolutely no encounters from what I can tell, if you wanna throw something in there that's fair game.

3: One of Cid's lines in his house had a noticeable grammatical error. I'm not sure which, I forgot to screenshot it. It was definitely first visit of Rocket Town though.

This is not bugs, just my personal feedback! I'd probably put a note in for Game Type B that says something like 'Not recommended if this is your first time playing FF7, best suited for people who want something that feels fresh' since it does have a few of the iconic early game moments cut from it and I wasn't entirely sure about the extent of the changes when I was going in.
Oh, FINAL suggestion; I am really craving a Morph buff. Maybe boosted up to like half or 1/3 the damage of a regular attack, because mathing that move out and constantly mashing it has been a lot of my playthrough thus far, and there's a few enemies that have enough life steal to legitimately outpace the rate at which you can chip them down with it.

But yeah, really well balanced, and satisfying to try out builds and party setups and play smart, and the extra dialogue added to the team during town visits and whatnot adds a lot to worldbuilding and makes the party feel more alive, I think. This is highly likely to be the version of FF7 I'll recommend people to try since it really plays to OG FF7's strengths.
Cheers  :lol:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: 2021-06-29 14:51:48 »
Made an account just to say excellent mod! It's so good that I'm not going to be able to play the normal version of FF7 anymore.
So I have a few random quirks I found that may or may have not been reported already (and might just be normal FF7 bugs) but I'll post them anyway. I'm up to the part where you get the Tiny Bronco. This was with Type B game.

1: During the first visit to the Gold Saucer, the party splits up and you get to pick one party member to take with you, the other spot being intended for Cait Sith shortly after. Walking out of the room after selecting Aerith, then going to the save point, PHS and picking up Yuffie, then walking back in and talking to another person caused Yuffie to try and walk out of Cloud back to her spot, softlocking me when she got stuck (I forgot to save too so this was extra memorable). It'd probably also cause problems when you're getting Cait Sith, so maybe throwing an invisible wall in there behind you would save some idiots like me...

2: Not sure if intentional but lvl 33 Vlakorandos in the plains around Bone Village have 33333 hp, and even with my pretty overleveled lvl 45 party (I forgot about no exp mode while materia leveling in nibel, rip) he did not go down quickly. Nearby Tonadu's on the beach have 3600 hp so might be a case of an extra 3. The Bone Village area's forest also has absolutely no encounters from what I can tell, if you wanna throw something in there that's fair game.

3: One of Cid's lines in his house had a noticeable grammatical error. I'm not sure which, I forgot to screenshot it. It was definitely first visit of Rocket Town though.

This is not bugs, just my personal feedback! I'd probably put a note in for Game Type B that says something like 'Not recommended if this is your first time playing FF7, best suited for people who want something that feels fresh' since it does have a few of the iconic early game moments cut from it and I wasn't entirely sure about the extent of the changes when I was going in.
Oh, FINAL suggestion; I am really craving a Morph buff. Maybe boosted up to like half or 1/3 the damage of a regular attack, because mathing that move out and constantly mashing it has been a lot of my playthrough thus far, and there's a few enemies that have enough life steal to legitimately outpace the rate at which you can chip them down with it.

But yeah, really well balanced, and satisfying to try out builds and party setups and play smart, and the extra dialogue added to the team during town visits and whatnot adds a lot to worldbuilding and makes the party feel more alive, I think. This is highly likely to be the version of FF7 I'll recommend people to try since it really plays to OG FF7's strengths.
Cheers  :lol:

1) PHS needs disabled on it for that duration, as it'll probably cause all sorts of script problems with scenes.

2) In the base game, Vlak has 33,333 HP and is an enemy associated with Chocobo Breeding as it's where you get Carob Nuts from. I think my rationale here with keeping it at the same HP in the mod was, first of all, because it's an enemy not commonly encountered unless the player actively looks for it (the window to run into it is fairly small from the beach going into Bone Village itself and there are few green areas in the upper Icicle Area itself). And second, there's a lot of prior knowledge where players would seek this enemy out looking for Carob Nuts so if I keep it as a carrier for that item I should try to make the battle a little more unusual to the standard fare.

I made Vlak vulnerable to a few status ailments that help tackle its huge HP pool like Poison and Dual-Drain, and also allowed the Gravity element so that those could be put to really good use here. I also put X-Potion as a Morph, and I think I was very sparing with actual drops for max-heal items so he's a good spot to farm those off as well (assuming you use Gravity).

3) I'll see if I can spot the line.

X) I think the mode selections in 1.5 had recommendations on them for what should be a first-time run as Arrange was intended to be a little harder than Normal, as it had the enemy modifications baked into it. I could probably just add that onto 2.0's Type A and Type B too; it should be covered in the explanation/information option but having it on the actual confirm as well would probably be a good idea.

PrismRules

• View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: 2021-06-30 04:23:23 »
Ah, that's interesting about that enemy. I haven't played the original in a number of years so I probably forgot about it. He did take a lot of damage for regular attacks, I think it was more the '33333' number that led me to believe it was an extra keystroke.

As for the Cid's house typo, I felt bad leaving such an open lead so I loaded one of my old saves and went through meeting Cid again to try and spot the typo. Couldn't find it just going from the span of entering the town to getting the Tiny Bronco and reading all the mandatory dialogue, and I skipped the Shera backstory sequence both times so it's probably not in there.
I'll putz around the town a bit more and see if I'm misremembering and if it was one of the NPCs.

Edit: FOUND IT! It was Rufus, when he asks for the Tiny Bronco and he's explaining why he can't use the Highwind he says 'out commission' instead of 'out of commission'. Since it wasn't Cid at all and it's mandatory dialogue it was probably already reported by someone else, but figured I'd double check.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-30 04:39:01 by PrismRules »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: 2021-06-30 09:21:04 »
Ah, that's interesting about that enemy. I haven't played the original in a number of years so I probably forgot about it. He did take a lot of damage for regular attacks, I think it was more the '33333' number that led me to believe it was an extra keystroke.

As for the Cid's house typo, I felt bad leaving such an open lead so I loaded one of my old saves and went through meeting Cid again to try and spot the typo. Couldn't find it just going from the span of entering the town to getting the Tiny Bronco and reading all the mandatory dialogue, and I skipped the Shera backstory sequence both times so it's probably not in there.
I'll putz around the town a bit more and see if I'm misremembering and if it was one of the NPCs.

Edit: FOUND IT! It was Rufus, when he asks for the Tiny Bronco and he's explaining why he can't use the Highwind he says 'out commission' instead of 'out of commission'. Since it wasn't Cid at all and it's mandatory dialogue it was probably already reported by someone else, but figured I'd double check.

Yeah, I would probably draw the same conclusion about the HP tbh.

Thanks for pinpointing the location of the typo; I would have probably just checked the dialogue inside the house and not found it.

TheTallMass

• View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: 2021-07-02 13:34:35 »
Hey Sega. I know FF8 has taken the priority. Any news on customizable stat pots for 2.0 though? Would definitely make for a great enhancement, in my opinion.