Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837501 times)

SteynerX

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.995)
« Reply #11350 on: 2022-07-06 13:18:00 »
Hi! I really love and enjoy this mod, it's awesome and a game changing, but I'm asking myself something: Why Cloud has poor stats in comparison with Tifa and Barret? Not to mention that he's very slow in comparison with the others. I'm at Shinra building and so far the only thing Cloud's better at than the rest is with the magic.
« Last Edit: 2022-07-06 13:21:57 by SteynerX »

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: 2022-07-06 13:39:45 »
Hi! I really love and enjoy this mod, it's awesome and a game changing, but I'm asking myself something: Why Cloud has poor stats in comparison with Tifa and Barret? Not to mention that he's very slow in comparison with the others. I'm at Shinra building and so far the only thing Cloud's better at than the rest is with the magic.
Characters have different innate stat growths. Cloud is a hybrid - he has high STR and high MAG, so he can do both attacking and casting well. Barret is about STR and VIT. Tifa also has high STR, both lower MAG and HP. And so on.

But that's not that important, because this mod has a dedicated stat system that allows you to grow stats the way YOU want. You unlock the upgrades gradually, at four specific points during the story - don't worry, the game will tell you. Then you can customize your stats and make characters into whatever you want them to be.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: 2022-07-07 05:01:19 »
Characters have different innate stat growths.

this mod has a dedicated stat system that allows you to grow stats the way YOU want.
"you can customize your stats and make characters into whatever you want them to be."

i'll add to that that both equipment and indeed materia can have a huge effect on stats.
if your finding cloud is a little slow, perhaps give him some DEX boosting. depends on the way that you set up a character on what they're stats are.
most yellow materia gives +12dex is a good example whilst some other materia can reduce dex.  same regards other all other stats  some materia boost some whilst others can have a negative effect on others. 

SteynerX

• View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: 2022-07-09 14:50:57 »
Ok thank you guys :)

ovo

• View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: 2022-07-13 16:49:35 »
Hey Sega Chief,

I didn't played the mod in a while so I don't know if you already have done something with Cait Sith limits breaks.

But I realized today that Cait Sith actual has 7 completely unique Limit breaks attacks in his slot combinations. And I thought it actually would be really cool to have those as actual limit breaks which you can learn and use like you do for all other characters.

If not for the New thread mod then maybe as a single Caith Sith mod.

Triple Crown = Toy Soldiers - Deals 5 times normal damage to all enemies.

Triple Heart = Lucky Girl - Makes all attacks of the party to auto crit.

Triple Star = Mog Dance - Restores all HP and MP the party.

Triple Bar = Summon - Will summon a random picked summon. (Could also be one that you don't have)

Triple Moogle = Transform - Allies disappear and Cait grows based on their stats.

Triple Face = Game Over

The seventh is called Jokers Death and kills the whole party. You could leave it as the seventh limit break as a joke. But you could also keep the animation but change the effect into something different like something from Aerith.

Like filling up the limits of the other party members.

Most of this limits are pretty strong. So if you are worried about the balancing, it would be cool have it at least as single Cait Sith mod to make him more useful and fun.
« Last Edit: 2022-07-14 11:53:54 by ovo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11355 on: 2022-07-14 15:43:26 »
Hey Sega Chief,

I didn't played the mod in a while so I don't know if you already have done something with Cait Sith limits breaks.

But I realized today that Cait Sith actual has 7 completely unique Limit breaks attacks in his slot combinations. And I thought it actually would be really cool to have those as actual limit breaks which you can learn and use like you do for all other characters.

If not for the New thread mod then maybe as a single Caith Sith mod.

Triple Crown = Toy Soldiers - Deals 5 times normal damage to all enemies.

Triple Heart = Lucky Girl - Makes all attacks of the party to auto crit.

Triple Star = Mog Dance - Restores all HP and MP the party.

Triple Bar = Summon - Will summon a random picked summon. (Could also be one that you don't have)

Triple Moogle = Transform - Allies disappear and Cait grows based on their stats.

Triple Face = Game Over

The seventh is called Jokers Death and kills the whole party. You could leave it as the seventh limit break as a joke. But you could also keep the animation but change the effect into something different like something from Aerith.

Like filling up the limits of the other party members.

Most of this limits are pretty strong. So if you are worried about the balancing, it would be cool have it at least as single Cait Sith mod to make him more useful and fun.

So I tried to do this a ways back, but the problem is that Limit Level 2 and onwards are hard-coded to bring up the reels when used, even if Slots isn't the Limit Break being executed; this causes some issues. For that reason, I settled on adding 1 extra Limit Break instead to Limit Level 1: Transform. I think a 3rd could be added to Limit Level 1 as each Limit Level actually has 3 slots for Limit Breaks, but the remaining options were a bit too strong.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.996)
« Reply #11356 on: 2022-07-17 21:10:10 »
New update, 2.0996. Has some balancing that may affect end-game, along with some of the usual bug fixes, tweaks, etc.

Spoiler: show
-) Adjusted Shadow Flare chance for Zombie Dragon from 50% on Turn 4/5 to 100%
-) Script handling in Icicle Inn & Great Glacier to prevent a character appearing at the wrong time
-) Fixed dialogue for Barret in Mideel Clinic scene (exterior)
-) Removed 1/35 Soldier duplicate from Gold Saucer Jockey room (this was a duplicate of the one in Gongaga)
-) Great Glacier: Sets battle music back to default after defeating a certain enemy
-) Updated sleeping man's dialogue
-) Added music back to the final cave of the Ancient Forest
-) Updated some text strings in Emerald Weapon's AI referring to 1.5's Carmine Weapon

-) Adjusted Ultimate Weapons; removed special formulas and gave them high base power instead (+30 ahead regular weapons)
-) Adjusted Cait's restorative weapons to have 255% accuracy (may still miss due to Luck/4 check)
-) Reverted change to X-Potion; it fully restores HP for one party member as before

Edit: There was a bad setting on a new tag that was added to the XML of the IRO; I quickly updated it so I don't have to use a new version number for it, but if you encounter problems on that front (endless update prompts, etc.) then let me know.
« Last Edit: 2022-07-17 21:16:58 by Sega Chief »

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: 2022-07-17 22:31:55 »
Made an account to post that the links for reunion and not reunion in the original post are backwards!! Had a lot of trouble figuring it out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: 2022-07-19 14:00:31 »
Made an account to post that the links for reunion and not reunion in the original post are backwards!! Had a lot of trouble figuring it out.

Ah! Thanks for letting me know.
Edit: Fixed links

XemnasNoHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: 2022-07-19 21:58:42 »
I am currently at the highwind after the rocket hit meteor. When I talk to the shopkeeper in highwind, the game now throws me into a boss battle against Ozma. Is this a bug? I am using New Threat v2,0996.
Here is a video and my save file:
https://youtu.be/jscxilKiDEc
https://files.catbox.moe/j7oa97.zip

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.997)
« Reply #11360 on: 2022-07-20 01:33:07 »
I am currently at the highwind after the rocket hit meteor. When I talk to the shopkeeper in highwind, the game now throws me into a boss battle against Ozma. Is this a bug? I am using New Threat v2,0996.

Sorry about that, I added the fight refs there to test some of them quickly and forgot to remove them. Have updated the mod to patch this out:

-) Fixed Comet placement in the North Crater's Left-Down path (if missed in Whirlwind Maze)
-) Removed some fight scripts from merchant on Highwind (added for quick debugging, forgot to remove)

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: 2022-07-20 02:27:02 »
What is the point of no gil from battles in hard mode, but still being able to sell stolen items for like 750g which is worth like 20x the fight rewards? Is the intention to not steal for sell and have almost no gil at all or is it just making players grind to have gil?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: 2022-07-20 07:05:45 »
What is the point of no gil from battles in hard mode, but still being able to sell stolen items for like 750g which is worth like 20x the fight rewards? Is the intention to not steal for sell and have almost no gil at all or is it just making players grind to have gil?

there is really no need to grind even with hard mode / no exp.
 between steals morphs and drops everything you require for a boss is given to you in the area usually directly prior

a good tip is only to sell what you actually want/need to, as enemies can not steal your items :)

if your really struggling for gil all area's have a decent gil making option and choose to grind for it. vampire fangs for example sell for a 900gil a pop :)

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: 2022-07-20 10:58:09 »
It's really more tedium than difficulty, because early game it somewhat restricts what you can buy, midgame it barely matters, and late game you're swimming in gil anyway and it's irrelevant.

Don't worry too much about it.

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #11364 on: 2022-07-20 14:19:32 »

If you still have this version, could you share it with me? I need it for testing purposes.

XemnasNoHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: 2022-07-20 14:21:10 »
Is this a visual bug, upscaled background mod error or this purple materia near top exit grid is not possible to be picked up?

I am currently also encountering this bug with New Threat v2,0997.
Here is my save file:
https://files.catbox.moe/8zqxze.zip

XemnasNoHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: 2022-07-20 14:27:12 »
If you still have this version, could you share it with me? I need it for testing purposes.

Sorry but I don't have that version anymore. However I did make a backup of v2.0995. Here is a link if you want to download it: https://files.catbox.moe/79uuff.rar

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: 2022-07-20 15:13:10 »
there is really no need to grind even with hard mode / no exp.
 between steals morphs and drops everything you require for a boss is given to you in the area usually directly prior

a good tip is only to sell what you actually want/need to, as enemies can not steal your items :)

if your really struggling for gil all area's have a decent gil making option and choose to grind for it. vampire fangs for example sell for a 900gil a pop :)

I feel like you didn't read my entire comment? My question is why no gil when you can just steal for way more gil than battles drop. The point is the no gil drop is pointless when you can sell stuff for way more than the battles are worth.

On a different note I got stuck in an infinite loop on the boxing minigame in the gold saucer on my first visit. Had to force close the program to end it.
« Last Edit: 2022-07-20 21:38:03 by Otonashi »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: 2022-07-21 22:23:50 »
I am currently also encountering this bug with New Threat v2,0997.
Here is my save file:
https://files.catbox.moe/8zqxze.zip

I think I see the problem; this Materia will always be visible even if it was picked up earlier (it's original location is on the rocket launchpad, a Long Range Materia, but this made it missable so it now appears in front of the gate after this area becomes unavailable). It's supposed to hide it here if it was picked up on that screen, but there's an extra command at the bottom of its script that makes it visible again. The talk script is set up right though so that it prevents triggering the pick-up script.

I feel like you didn't read my entire comment? My question is why no gil when you can just steal for way more gil than battles drop. The point is the no gil drop is pointless when you can sell stuff for way more than the battles are worth.

On a different note I got stuck in an infinite loop on the boxing minigame in the gold saucer on my first visit. Had to force close the program to end it.

The idea was to make it so that players were having to either keep what they got or sell it for cash. It's not proven to be a very popular approach though so I've plans to ditch it and take another tilt at setting up hard mode.

I'll check the boxing minigame; I think I set it recently so that the fight is over in less successful hits but perhaps this has caused a problem somewhere.

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: 2022-07-21 22:40:58 »
The idea was to make it so that players were having to either keep what they got or sell it for cash. It's not proven to be a very popular approach though so I've plans to ditch it and take another tilt at setting up hard mode.

I'll check the boxing minigame; I think I set it recently so that the fight is over in less successful hits but perhaps this has caused a problem somewhere.

Can you make it so the items you're giving people through the course of the game are not the 'same' as the stolen items, and the stolen item versions are worth '1 gil'? This would give you that affect right? My only issue is I felt confused as to how gil was supposed to function. Super enjoying the game so far. Would also need to readjust the sell value of things like ethers as those are quite farmable.

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11370 on: 2022-07-22 07:43:13 »
It's difficult to get balance right between what's tedious and what's actually difficult.

Prime example is enemy HP: you definitely need more meat on stuff for hard mode, but if you just buff everything into infinity then it just turns into a boring slog. But if you don't buff things enough, then people can just go super aggro and never really bother with some mechanics (The Calamity comes to mind, which is definitely susceptible to just nuking it down).

There's also some OP stuff left that might need addressing for a satisfying hard mode experience (DEF-ignoring weapons, Goblin Song, White Wind, etc.).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: 2022-07-22 11:35:26 »
Can you make it so the items you're giving people through the course of the game are not the 'same' as the stolen items, and the stolen item versions are worth '1 gil'? This would give you that affect right? My only issue is I felt confused as to how gil was supposed to function. Super enjoying the game so far. Would also need to readjust the sell value of things like ethers as those are quite farmable.

It's difficult to get balance right between what's tedious and what's actually difficult.

Prime example is enemy HP: you definitely need more meat on stuff for hard mode, but if you just buff everything into infinity then it just turns into a boring slog. But if you don't buff things enough, then people can just go super aggro and never really bother with some mechanics (The Calamity comes to mind, which is definitely susceptible to just nuking it down).

There's also some OP stuff left that might need addressing for a satisfying hard mode experience (DEF-ignoring weapons, Goblin Song, White Wind, etc.).

The problem is that I'm trying to implement Hard Mode within the same files which limits what can be changed in-game through the toggle. A lot of the hard-coded stuff like Spell/Attack data, item tables, equipment parameters, sell-prices, and that sort of thing can't be changed by in-game means like field script and AI.

I think in order to do hard mode properly, I'll need to create a variant with its own set of files. That'd allow me to change everything within those files instead of being restricted just to enemy parameters and field scripts.

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: 2022-07-23 06:23:00 »
I think in order to do hard mode properly, I'll need to create a variant with its own set of files. That'd allow me to change everything within those files instead of being restricted just to enemy parameters and field scripts.
Might be the best way if a dedicated HM is your goal. I'm not sure how the architecture of 7H works, but if you could simply toggle it in the mod settings in the launcher rather than having a separate mod download that might make things considerably more convenient for people - not that I personally mind separate projects of course, but I'm a hardcore mod masochist to begin with ;)

Otonashi

• View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: 2022-07-24 03:10:41 »
So I won all 20 battles in condor
and I see a lot of posts about getting masamune. But I received Ziedrich. Did I do something wrong? I checked with ochu and I have 15 battles, and 20 wins.

BiOMEGA

• View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: 2022-07-24 07:58:41 »
So I won all 20 battles in condor
and I see a lot of posts about getting masamune. But I received Ziedrich. Did I do something wrong? I checked with ochu and I have 15 battles, and 20 wins.

Since that item prompted my first visit here, too...
Masamune is still made by giving the right materials to the weapon smith in the little house near Gongaga. He tells you what he needs to make the Masamune.