Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501812 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #25 on: 2005-06-07 20:31:57 »
Thx you Borde i will test it later

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005-06-08 20:09:20 »
the only bug i can't get around is the overflow error.  :weep:

it happens when i try to open up a decently big p file, like torso models, or after rotating. it doesn't seem to always happen after rotating, but usually...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005-06-09 07:13:37 »
So it still happens... could you tell me one file that still triggers that error?

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005-06-09 17:29:10 »
sure. shiva's torso file, one of the largest file sizes, triggers the overflow error at load. that's cyvadat.p00, and its in the magic.lgp archive.

jemnezmy's hair file, hiar.p, triggers an overflow error when you try to save after rotating. there were a couple more, but i don't remember them now...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005-06-11 06:53:27 »
Hey, I didn't even notice there was a magic.lgp file :-P. Anyway, I tested the models you told me chocomog and they worked well. Maybe I changed something recently which corrected the problem. I don't know.

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005-06-12 03:53:47 »
ah. it may just be my system then.  :(

EDIT: i tried it out on another computer, and it caused the overflow error again...but i don't think it has anything to do with file size, since some rather random models (like feet) caused an error on load.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005-06-12 22:34:23 »
No, I don't think It has anything to do with your system. I mean that I've been doing changes to he program lately and maybe that solved the problem somehow.
We will see that with the next release (which will be soon :-P).

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005-06-13 00:32:30 »
Cool updates i got a prob with clouds body doing a overflow error.

The 1 Reunion mod uses

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005-06-18 18:31:31 »
can someone give me an example of what file i can use with this, a certain battle model to open? (the directory of it) because the bottom box says its looking for final fantasy VII models but it displays everything...help

btw...bad news, i'm back, hehe  :wicked:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005-06-18 20:36:23 »
Well, first of all, it SHOULD (but, as we have seen, it doesn't) work with any P files. P files doesn't necesarily have .p extension (which is another error in my program). They can be found at chars.lgp, battle.lgp and magic.lgp (maybe somewhere more, don't know). The files at battle.lgp have no extension at all, but you can list them just typing *.* on the "Name" field and pressing enter. You can try for example "ehap" (Dyne's head). Take care that, even though most files in batte.lgp are p files, some are textures or skeleton files. If you try openning one of those, you will provabily get an out-of-index error.
PD.: I know I said that i ws going to release a new version soon and I'm kidna late, but I've been busy with the exams. I'll provabily release it before the end of this week-end though.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005-06-19 11:59:01 »
nah, i try to open battle and char and it says overtime flow or somethin and then, please select a final fantasy vii character model

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005-06-20 13:58:34 »
Third release ready.
Sorry for the delay.
Let's see if there are no more overflows this time  :roll:

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005-06-20 14:05:14 »
cool i will test it later

Ok im going to as about this when i load it to bit to big up and down i would spell the right work but cant. Can you start making the tool more outways no biggy im abit sleepy so i will test out and see any errors.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005-06-22 22:36:27 »
Ok ice_cold513. I've got the desktop set to 1280x1024 and sometimes I don't realize the real size of the GUIs I do. I've done a somewhat mopre compact version. Hope it's enough.

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005-06-23 04:55:05 »
er, this one seems to have some problems saving. it will only actually save if it asks to save normals or whatever, and that prompt only seems to happen if you make something fatter or thinner, if you don't do that, then it won't actually save any changes. maybe i missed something though...

also, the dreaded overflow error is fixed when loading or rotating models ^_^

but...it occurs when making something fat/thin :( only on certain models though. examples include jemnezmy's torso and feet models. this might be because i've been editing them (with your editor) though.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005-06-27 12:39:36 »
ok thx you sorry for the late ty but i been away

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005-06-28 17:29:05 »
oh and uh, one more thing, if you're still working on this...the repositioning seems a lot more meant for field models than battle models. it takes several uses of -100 or +100 to have a significant effect...

the brighter/darker thing works well though, as does the resize option (for battle/field conversion).

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005-06-28 18:30:11 »
jejeje... yeah, the reposition option hasn't got any use for battle models because they are like 40 times larger than the field models. Actually, the reposition sliders only range from -10 to +10 (yes, it divides the value of the slider by 100) in order to provide values that make sens while working with field models. Maybe I should make this based on the size of the object. Well, maybe next time.
In order to avoid overflow problems, I think it would be enough to reduce the models. But maybe I'm worng.
Oh, and there is actually a problematic bug when saving. The normals aren't well calculated and the group 1 polgons should allways be white . I should do a quick release soon in order to fix it.

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005-07-02 01:41:46 »
yeah, a quick release would be great >_>

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005-07-05 08:35:45 »
Well, here is it. It took me longer than I expected, but here you have the new version. The most important feature added is the direct polygon painting.
By the way chocomog, are the files edited with my program still usable as battle models?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005-07-05 09:45:54 »
I had alittle mess about and dont see any error but that a good thing.

Borde i was thinking about if some 1 can make a readme on how to use this tool to make model's like this http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/usebio/grid.jpg

If i had time i would do it

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005-07-05 15:38:55 »
Oh, it's easy. It can take you about 5 minutes to do it:
First open the file which defines the model field skeleton (HRC file, in this case aaaa.hrc). Open it with notepad or wordapad or whatever you want, it's a text file. Here you will see a list of "bones". Bones are defined by their 2 ends (the joints they connect), lenght and a list of RSD files (preceded by the total number of files in the list). If you want to do an SD character or something like that, you should divide the lenght of the bones by 1.5 or so.
Now, look for the RSD files that define the limbs and torso. This files are also plain text and they point directly to the P files. You have to scale those P files to 75% or so.
And that's all. :-P
Anyway, I'm working on a little program to make SD characters automatically (I just love the SD style).

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005-07-05 19:13:42 »
Quote from: Borde

Anyway, I'm working on a little program to make SD characters automatically (I just love the SD style).

Yeah i love the SD style

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005-07-08 02:01:55 »
Quote from: Borde
Well, here is it. It took me longer than I expected, but here you have the new version. The most important feature added is the direct polygon painting.
By the way chocomog, are the files edited with my program still usable as battle models?

well, i get a runtime error 13 - type mismatch when i try to save after editing, so no, they're not exactly usable >_>

the overflow error on fat/thin still occurs for me.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005-07-08 11:03:31 »
WHAT?! Type mismatch? Man, there must be a serious bug in my code. Could you detail how did you trigger that error?