Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421665 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #450 on: 2013-01-07 21:34:40 »
Do you have the .NET framework correctly installed?

Q:Why does BFE.exe fail to run with the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"?
A:You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22808
  Or the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22

HollywoodHavoc

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2013-01-07 21:35:45 »
i have the latest one, 4.5. i'll try using 3.5

HollywoodHavoc

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2013-01-07 22:09:55 »
I have 3.5.1 installed, and it still gives me the same error.

sblakey8

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2013-01-08 16:37:54 »
hi i installed tifas bootleg and for some reason the sound effects dont work music plays ok butno sound effects at all

HollywoodHavoc

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2013-01-08 19:27:40 »
Works now, had to reset to factory settings. Thanks though Pitbrat.

Skopin

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2013-01-12 21:01:10 »
I have searched the forum for possible solutions, but nothing I found seems to work. I have installed Bootleg 0040 over a fresh install of FF7. Everything is great, except the safe combination in the Shinra Mansion. I only see the top part of the numbers, meaning I can't actually enter the combination. I have seen multiple threads where this was an issue, but the solutions offered there have not worked for me. Can anyone point me to which file contains that, so I can use the default file to get past that part, then switch back? Or even better, what may be causing the problem to begin with?

jinrok

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2013-01-13 03:47:43 »
Works now, had to reset to factory settings. Thanks though Pitbrat.
Can you tell me exactly how did you do? cause i got the same problem.  And can't find any solution :'(

Edit: solved, just changed the soundtrack.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-13 16:11:59 by jinrok »

Scitu

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2013-01-13 13:56:44 »
I have searched the forum for possible solutions, but nothing I found seems to work. I have installed Bootleg 0040 over a fresh install of FF7. Everything is great, except the safe combination in the Shinra Mansion. I only see the top part of the numbers, meaning I can't actually enter the combination. I have seen multiple threads where this was an issue, but the solutions offered there have not worked for me. Can anyone point me to which file contains that, so I can use the default file to get past that part, then switch back? Or even better, what may be causing the problem to begin with?

I had same problem, but I still managed to get the combination right =) Took a while though. No idea what may have caused this problem =/

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #458 on: 2013-01-13 14:43:14 »
Someone had this issue in a previous version of Bootleg, but I don't remember how/if it was resolved.

I'm waiting to see if PitBrat has a solution.

jinrok

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2013-01-13 16:16:08 »
Just a question, my french translation in the bootleg menu don't work at all in game, how can i do for apply it?

Game is working correctly in any difficulty, but when i want to translate the game in french, all the game stay in english.

This is not a big problem, but that's just for the story. Translate everything while i'm playing is a bit boring, my head is gonna explode^^

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2013-01-14 04:12:07 »
Do you have any of the ReTranslation options checked?

Terrified

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2013-01-14 07:11:48 »
Please help, i have some trouble in Shinra Building 65th floor,
which you need the scale model of midgar with the midgar parts,
apparently the last scale model midgar item near the stairs, i couldn't take it,
after i take it, it would appear with a boss fight, and then it's a error, made me couldn't proceed on the game to get the 66th keycard,

any help on this please?
i'm loving the moded version so much now

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2 4.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 1000
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-01-14 21:16:37 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2013-01-15 16:17:11 »
Reserved #1

Why have these been removed? Is there anywhere else I can see previews of models?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2013-01-15 17:47:28 »
Why have these been removed? Is there anywhere else I can see previews of models?
It ain't removed just separated into another thread since it was too much info in one post i guess lol here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13981.0

Marmarflam

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2013-01-16 15:56:19 »
how do i fix this? I'm having a problem installing. it's says it can't find certain .exes
my thread:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14003.0

Crough

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2013-01-17 06:04:04 »
Thank you to everyone who worked on this. I really appreciate all the time and effort. That being said, I have failed to install these mods properly. My problems are thus, and in the order they occurred:

1. The "Graphics Tab" never came up and asked me "enable the Aali's Custom Graphics Driver". Obviously, this did not allow me to check the proper sound tab as well.

2. I got an error message during the music installation that read:

3. FF7Music 1.51.13 Setup
    Installer corrupted: invalid opcode

4. The "Installing FF7 Music" never happened as well.

All of these things occurred in the Guides' step 9. Other than having no music (in or outside of battle) everything runs perfectly
smooth. When I click on "ff7music_install_15113.exe" I get the error code I mentioned in 3. I read on the forums that there are some known problems with 15113, and the fix is to run 15112. Am I correct in assuming this? If so, where can I find 15112?

I feel it is worth mentioning I installed this in D:\ not C:\, because all of the recommended paths are in C:\ - however I don't see this being a problem if I pathed everything correctly.

Thanks in advanced, this is a great community and I'm glad I found it.

EDIT: Didn't think to include my music.log, it may help...

DataPath is D:\Games\FF7\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently Custom_Music
OSTRe
FF7_PSF
D:\Games\FF7\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   Custom_Music\
   OSTRe\
   FF7_PSF\
   D:\Games\FF7\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 0
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
FF7anyCDv2.dll
switcher.dll
reading midi file: PRE.mid

PRE.mid

Midi file matched! PRE
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart
Resolved to
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60

MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
reading midi file: OB.mid

OB.mid

Midi file matched! OB
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart
Resolved to
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
END UNINITIALIZE DD

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 07:10:17 by Crough »

Terrified

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2013-01-17 15:04:53 »
is it possible that my error could be fixed? please help =(

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2013-01-17 16:35:52 »
Which Hardcore mod are you using? Normally is there no bossfight, so scene.bin is possibly not updated. :-\

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2013-01-17 16:36:40 »
Yes Terrified. I'm looking into it.

Can you post a screenshot of your error message, or type it out exactly as it states.

Are you playing the Hardcore Difficulty mod?

Here is how I did Floor 65. It did not require gathering the last piece or fighting its boss (I believe this is a Hardcore Difficulty feature?): www.youtube.com/watch?v=16T4eWYFUfE#t=51m28s

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2013-01-17 16:47:07 »
Thank you to everyone who worked on this. I really appreciate all the time and effort. That being said, I have failed to install these mods properly. My problems are thus, and in the order they occurred:

1. The "Graphics Tab" never came up and asked me "enable the Aali's Custom Graphics Driver". Obviously, this did not allow me to check the proper sound tab as well.

2. I got an error message during the music installation that read:

3. FF7Music 1.51.13 Setup
    Installer corrupted: invalid opcode

4. The "Installing FF7 Music" never happened as well.

All of these things occurred in the Guides' step 9. Other than having no music (in or outside of battle) everything runs perfectly
smooth. When I click on "ff7music_install_15113.exe" I get the error code I mentioned in 3. I read on the forums that there are some known problems with 15113, and the fix is to run 15112. Am I correct in assuming this? If so, where can I find 15112?

I feel it is worth mentioning I installed this in D:\ not C:\, because all of the recommended paths are in C:\ - however I don't see this being a problem if I pathed everything correctly.

Thanks in advanced, this is a great community and I'm glad I found it.

1. You can still access these features by opening FF7Config.exe in the main installation folder.

2/3/4. The installer isn't corrupt. Where did you download your 15113 version? Is OSTRe.7z downloaded as well? You can find the 15112 version by opening the Mod Listing in BFE.exe and clicking the download link. Or, you can visit here and look for it in the Sound and Music section: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12503.0

The driver letter doesn't matter, so long as the game isn't installed in a systems folder on your main OS drive. Your D:\ is fine.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2013-01-17 16:52:05 »
I have already posted this in the Bootleg thread, but it can easily become buried away under all the posts. Is anyone willing to help?

I am not dead! Sorry guys, I'm still here.

We are currently seeking helpers who would answer people's questions. We are currently three and cannot be everywhere at any time. I was also considering registering an IRC channel for the sole purpose of Bootleg. The current IRC channel serves this purpose well but it is also a general chat channel frequently. Most (to not say all) people there do not even know what Bootleg is or how to help, and people usually mistakenly think so (I don't blame them for that, it's my fault for putting general and specific chat in a same place). If there are enough people interested, I will consider it. If not, it will stay as it is right now.

What we want:

- Someone fluent in at least one programming language to code an IRC bot to help users;
- People willing to help, both here and on IRC;
- People fluent in at least two languages, including English;
- People fluent in VB.NET and/or Batch to debug Bootleg pre-release;
- People able to use the various modding tools (even if only a few);
- Anything else, feel free to apply!

We would prefer people who are nice and treat others nicely most of the time.

"The main thing is converting all of the buster swords to work with the 100+ Cloud field and world map models."

If you are interested in any of the above, you might reply, send a PM to me and PitBrat (make sure to send to both) or join the IRC channel, also irc.esper.net #Vgr

If you are interested in having another channel designed for Bootleg, you may reply, send a PM or join the IRC channel (see above). If enough people want it, I will take necessary steps.

~Vgr

Crough

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2013-01-17 17:00:39 »
Thank you for your response EQ2Alyza.

I found and executed the ff7music, and followed the steps of the tutorial from there. Still, no sound.

As an impatient child, I just took the route of uninstalling/deleting everything (save for bootleg040 and Tifa's bootleg files), and am in the process of doing everything again. I'm not sure where I went wrong - I'm hoping it's just some computer voodoo. I'll let you know how I get on.

Also, every file I got was a link from this exact thread/tutorial.

Edit: I again want to reiterate that everything else worked perfectly fine, and there was movie and menu sound - just no battle sound or soundtrack in the background.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 17:05:18 by Crough »

jinrok

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2013-01-17 19:27:18 »
Do you have any of the ReTranslation options checked?
whatever if i check the retranslation or not, the game stay in english :(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2013-01-17 20:23:15 »
jinrok,

Please screenshot all the tabs in your BFE.exe, upload them somewhere, and send them to me in a PM.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2013-01-17 20:28:19 »
Thank you for your response EQ2Alyza.

I found and executed the ff7music, and followed the steps of the tutorial from there. Still, no sound.

As an impatient child, I just took the route of uninstalling/deleting everything (save for bootleg040 and Tifa's bootleg files), and am in the process of doing everything again. I'm not sure where I went wrong - I'm hoping it's just some computer voodoo. I'll let you know how I get on.

Also, every file I got was a link from this exact thread/tutorial.

Edit: I again want to reiterate that everything else worked perfectly fine, and there was movie and menu sound - just no battle sound or soundtrack in the background.

Computer voodoo would be nice. I actually played last night, and when I started up the game I had no music. The sound effects and FMV's could be heard. So, I reboot my computer and it un-voodoo'd itself. I'm not a computer guru, but I've used Bootleg long enough to never have that happen before. I can't explain why the reboot gave me back the music. Now, I reboot my computer every time before I start the game.