Author Topic: Hardcore Mod + Reunion Beacause Not Working [SOLVED]  (Read 3859 times)

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
Hello. Just a quick question. Is the latest version of this mod in the list of easily-installed mods that one can download from 7th Heaven's mod catalogue? I think I saw that 7th Heaven installs v3 of this mod.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore Mod + Reunion Beacause Not Working [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-23 04:53:21 »
Hello. Just a quick question. Is the latest version of this mod in the list of easily-installed mods that one can download from 7th Heaven's mod catalogue? I think I saw that 7th Heaven installs v3 of this mod.
That's more of a 7th Heaven question than a Reunion question. AFAIK, what's available for 7th Heaven is converted by someone else to work with 7H after the fact, without DLPB's involvement.

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-23 05:01:48 »
Oh, I see. I saw that turning on Beacause forced the Hardcore difficulty mod to get turned off and vice versa. I wanted to play the Hardcore mod with the script from Beacause. Oh, well. Thanks for the quick reply anyway!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-23 06:30:25 »

You saw correctly. The description in the Catalog for The Reunion states that it uses version R03e. Also, there is an option in Gameplay - Difficulty and Story to choose Hardcore + Reunion. Choosing the Hardcore option locks you out from choosing The Reunion - Beacause option to prevent users from making a mistake with compatibility and then reporting about it without knowing.

With all that said, I have gone back and checked the mod.xml. There is a typo mistake by me that will actually lock you out of choosing The Reunion - Beacause when choosing Hardcore + Reunion. I'll fix it tonight, so look for the update in the Catalog.

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-01-23 06:44:35 »
Oh that's great! I assume I don't need to start a new game in order to play with the Hardcore + Reunion option, right?

Also, do I need to copy/paste this new catalog in the Settings in 7H? If yes, what exactly do I need to paste?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2017-01-23 07:07:45 »
No, you don't need to do anything involving a new Catalog link. When you open 7H after an update, it checks the current Catalog for updates and reports it to you in the right-side pane. You can also click Workshop -> Check subscriptions now if 7H is already opened to check if any updates have been made (updates are not reported live, so that's why you have to manually check). In the Library and Catalog tabs, the Installed button will turn into an Update button. Click that Update button to download the latest version.

Thanks for the report. After your next response, I'm going to split your first question above and our conversation into a New Topic for the 7th Heaven forum. Please post there with anymore questions about 7H related topics :)

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-01-23 22:55:03 »
No, you don't need to do anything involving a new Catalog link. When you open 7H after an update, it checks the current Catalog for updates and reports it to you in the right-side pane. You can also click Workshop -> Check subscriptions now if 7H is already opened to check if any updates have been made (updates are not reported live, so that's why you have to manually check). In the Library and Catalog tabs, the Installed button will turn into an Update button. Click that Update button to download the latest version.

Thanks for the report. After your next response, I'm going to split your first question above and our conversation into a New Topic for the 7th Heaven forum. Please post there with anymore questions about 7H related topics :)

Alright, I'll test it when I get back home in 4 days since I do not have access to my PC at the moment. You can split up these posts if you like, just tell me in which subforum I can find them in! Thanks for the quick replies as always. :)