Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

[FF7] FF VII - Shinra Mod (unreleased)

(1/4) > >>

DeCujus:
Hi people,

A long moment ago, I have decided to edit and improve NameSpoofer’s « turk mod complete » which was rather good in comparison to  other mods/projects about Turks theme, but was very incomplete from my point of view, particulary because of weird battle character (the ragdoll Rude for example) and imperfect characters field (head of rufus for kid cloud, ect..). So I worked on it and when it will be finish well….I think about a public release. However before I share, I want complete every aspects of it.

The story begin from Rufus’s point of view after Last order and Crisis core events, I found Dyne would do a good candidate for the Turks after his gold saucer’s rampage, and Rufus’s disgrace in Shinra corp since his Avalanche’sponsoring would be a good reason for him and his fellow turks to try to overcome his father and his new staff : FFVII Avalanche themselves.

So I swap :

Cloud => Rufus (Vincent AI)
Barret => Dyne
Tifa => Elena
Red XIII => Walpurgis (a black wolf-like monster, last from GI’s Tribe from Cosmo canyon as opposite to Nanaki on who Hojo has performed some experience in Shinra HQ)
Cid => Reno
Yuffie => Cissnei
Vincent => Ryugan (Katana [male] turk from Last order with Cloud AI)
Jesse => Scarlet
Biggs => Shinra director
Wedge => Heidegger

I don’t include Rude with playable characters,because as a fist fighter we have Elena, and Barret is an inappropriate character to swap with. With Avalanche as antagonist we have Wedge for Palmer, Vincent for Tseng, Yuffie (as a ninjutsu and taijutsu fighter) for Rude, ect.

So my progress in this mod for now are :

Battle models : OK

Characters field (main team and ennemies): OK

Minigames : OK

World map : OK

Kernel : OK

Menu avatars: OK

As a little contribution I just ask for menu avatars, being a complete noob with picture editing and photshop.

If someone can turn in useable and transparent avatars, Rufus, Reno, Elena, Cissnei, Katana (male), Aeris, Sephiroth and Cait Sith  avatars from Before crisis and share it, this would be a great help.

Just a little problem, for Dyne and Walpurgis menu avatars…any suggestion are welcome.

I will post my results with images, soon.

P-S :  my apologize for bad English, I’m French.

Some stuff (click to enlarge) :

-Rufus Shinra- (Battle model)

-Dyne- (Battle model, right weapon handed)

-Walpurgis- (Battle model for my proto-Gi-monster)

-Ryugan (Katana male turk),Dyne, Elena in their updated turk outfit.

-I leave you guessing...

10/06/11 news: well, well, well contrary to I expected...this is not finish.Now, the mod is in testing phase, this is good because I have seen some missing fields models in the Character field tutorial,I found many models found by Makou reactor and I was not very happy about those discoveries. Anyway models are ready, now I work on custom weapons for Reno and Ryugan.I have difficulties to swap item symbol in menu for weapons between characters, then I'm not familiar with C++ and exe editing, so it will take time. Later I will post videos.

Vgr:
Hehe excellent! Il y avait déjà un mod comme ça mais celui-là sera mieux j'espère ^^

/french

Please stick to English on this forum - Bosola

ultima espio:

--- Quote from: Vgr on 2011-05-29 17:03:44 ---Hehe excellent! Il y avait déjà un mod comme ça mais celui-là sera mieux j'espère ^^

/french

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---There was already a MOD as that but that one will be better I hope
--- End quote ---

Well... ::)

DeCujus:
Well it must be. When it will be finished, I will release my mod in a rar archive I think. I dislike patch and with the files (char/battle/world/minigames) there should be no problems of compatibility with any FFVII's PC version.

A little bonus for french version however, I work too on a edited story from FFVII for this mod (fflevel file).

For now, some other stuff :

Rufus Shinra 4th limit form, Ms Rufus, Weapon handed Rufus, Disabled president and Walpurgis model field.

Vgr:
I can translate it to English if you want :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version