Final Fantasy 7 > Troubleshooting

Spell textures

(1/1)

Zackwell:
I couldn't think where else to post this, and here seemed like the next relavent place.

I'm working on some mako-coloured variants of certain animations, like the Limit break, spell casting and enemy skill casting auras.
Thanks to the 'Blue Limit' submission, I already know the name of the file that controls the Limit break aura; but I don't know about the spell casting aura or the enemy skill aura.

Eg. The limit break texture is called jo_b03_00.png.

I would appreciate it greatly if you told me what I should call my texture files.

I would also like to know how to access the textures for some spells in the game, that I might be able to improve them too.
For example, the Absorb spell used by the ghosts in the Sector 7 Train graveyard.

PitBrat:
The magic data is stored in an .LGP file located in the game folder:
    \Final Fantasy VII\data\battle\magic.lgp

Use Aali's lgp tool to extract and later recompile the data from magic.lgp.
lgp_tools_multipack_by_sithlord48-1_0.zip       Sithlord48      Aali's LGP Tools Installer                    FILE

Use img2tex to convert the textures to .PNG.
img2tex04_bin.7z                                                Tool to convert textures                Qhimm FILE

The best way to identify the correct .PNG texture name is to delete the original texture file from the .LGP, play the game and check the APP.LOG for the texture name.
Using this method, I was unable to determine the correct \mods\ folder for magic textures.
Instead, convert the .PNG's back to .TEX and replace the originals in the magic.lgp file.
Some files are duplicated within magic.lgp.  Make sure to replace all of them!

Alternately, use the external \textures\ folder.  This requires hex editing the original texture files in magic.lgp.
Simplify this task by installing Avalanche to automatically redirect many magic textures to the \textures\ folder.
The .PNG file names are correct already.
Avalanche GUI v2.0.8.exe                        Team Avalanche  Menu enhancements                       Qhimm FILE
Avalanche High Res.exe                          Team Avalanche  Visual enhancements                     Qhimm FILE

Zackwell:
Thanks very much. If I get this done to a considerable degree, I'll try and get it to a releasable state.

PitBrat:
In addition to the Avalanche magic textures, there are a few other limit and magic texture mods:
blue limit V2 by kela51.rar                     Kela51          Blue Limit Texture                      Qhimm FILE
blue limit V3 by kela51.rar                     Kela51          Blue Limit Texture                      Qhimm FILE
Green Limit Break.rar                           jinkazama2k7    Green Limit Texture                     Qhimm FILE
ice by kela51.rar                               Kela51          New Ice textures                        Qhimm FILE
limit original by kela51.rar                    Kela51          New Limit Texture                       Qhimm FILE
limit's flash V4 by kela51.rar                  Kela51          New Limit Texture                       Qhimm FILE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version