Author Topic: Gamer Rage  (Read 23237 times)

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Gamer Rage
« on: 2010-07-14 22:08:14 »
How about we all admit to the fault of gamer rage, hmm? We've all had it. Throwing controllers, beating keyboards, screaming death threats at the scream.

How's about we all get together and tell of our own stories of gamer rage, whether it's our own, or someone we saw.

Here's mine:
When I play the PS2, rather than throw my controller and break it, I just bite it, and put grooves in the handle. (not very exciting)

I was watching this guy play Halo for the PC online. After yelling at the screen for 10 minutes to quit killing him, he finally picked his screen up and threw it through a wall! Made a pretty big hole. after the hole was made, he got even angrier and punched the tower.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Gamer Rage
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-15 01:38:20 »
Sometimes I'll get aggravated because of "cooldown times" between attacks in applicable games. I'm ready to move, but I can't yet and I die while recovering. Not fair. :(

Aside from that I usually just laugh when I die or make some stupid mistake.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-15 01:41:25 »
i have smashed countless controllers for any console you can think of. Once i got angry while playing TFC and smashed my keyboard on the floor, the buttons went flying all over the place. I was picking them up for months ;) Im happy to say that when i get angry at a game now, i simply rage quit, quietly turn off the console, and go beat up homeless people. Much less destructive for my property, and im helping the community!

lee

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-15 02:26:34 »
Broke a PS2 controller playing KHI once.  Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

If there's anything that really does drive me insane, it's when the internet connection fails (which occasionally happens for no apparent reason.  Stupid Mac).  That's not really gamer rage though.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-15 02:27:59 »
When a game REALLY frustrates me, I bite myself, and/or punch myself...  That being said, usually I just rage quit, or throw something (lately, it's been a drumstick)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-15 02:39:29 »
I was never in so much anger when I lose in a video game. The worst I can think of was that I only held my ps2 controller harder and pressed the buttons harder but then I cooled down. I was thinking its just a game so no need to be angry.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-15 03:23:46 »
Once Timu had gamers rage from trying to beat level 108 Golbez in Inward Chaos. I couldn't say a word to him without upsetting him for the rest of the day so I decided just not to talk to him. >_>

Good times with Golby-Chan though, I gotta admit I was trying to beat lvl 108 Golbez while I was in the bus so I couldn't really let out my rage without looking like a weirdo but yeah, I fought him about 10 times, and each time I got him down to 1HP then he'd go in ex mode and bring me down to 1hp and then it'd be intense for a while and he'd eventually pwn my bum at the last minute. =/ Rinse and repeat.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-15 03:26:44 »
Once Timu had gamers rage from trying to beat level 108 Golbez in Inward Chaos. I couldn't say a word to him without upsetting him for the rest of the day so I decided just not to talk to him. >_>

Dawwww. I bet angry Timu is cute ;D

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-15 03:54:22 »

Don't even think about it. He's mine. *glares* o_o

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-15 04:14:17 »
I got a couple of my stories and a one of my friends.

Anyways usual means of fixing gamer rage, alot of yelling, shut game off, go and kick old karate punching bag, then go out for a cig.

Though one time I had an old cd that just wouldn't work anymore, so out came the hammer  :evil:

One time a friend got the ring of death so she ripped the xbox out of all it chords and takes it outside. Starts playing makeshift hockey using a shovel.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-15 04:36:23 »
I'm the least ragey person I know. I've never had gamers rage. Not even once.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-17 05:11:32 »

Don't even think about it. He's mine. *glares* o_o

I'd be careful kudi, the last person to approach me during a raeg nearly got their wrist broken :P

as to golby... yea... i had flown through dissidia 1shotting every golbez i fought, so never got to see his moves. So when i finally hit one with an epic AI and i couldnt get a grasp of his combos and moves (his moves have a lot of staggers, so if yer not used to it its hard to block) and i was at low hp from the last battle, so if i screwd up he'd 1shot me :P. needless to say i had epic raeg after about 30 tries.

Grumpy Timu :3

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-17 05:20:45 »
I'd be careful kudi, the last person to approach me during a raeg nearly got their wrist broken :P

Eh wha...? What happened? o.o And who's wrist did you nearly break? >.>

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-17 05:43:01 »
sara:P it might not have been last chronologically, but is a more recent memory.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-17 05:48:54 »
sara:P it might not have been last chronologically, but is a more recent memory.

Oh rait I remembers. ^0^ Well she deserved it.

Oh I've got one!~ Not specific to video games but whenever I hear a spoiler to something I'm into I get so frustrated and feel like killing cute fluffy things (well maybe not but...) I get so mad. >< Like even if I'm told "yeah you get the ice spell right after that" I'll be liek ASOIDJDSGUHDFG YOU RUINED THE SURPRISE! D<

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-17 05:50:55 »
Oh I've got one!~ Not specific to video games but whenever I hear a spoiler to something I'm into I get so frustrated and feel like killing cute fluffy things (well maybe not but...) I get so mad. >< Like even if I'm told "yeah you get the ice spell right after that" I'll be liek ASOIDJDSGUHDFG YOU RUINED THE SURPRISE! D<

She can get quite violent ^^

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-17 06:04:39 »

Aeris dies

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-17 07:57:43 »

She can get quite violent ^^

I really don't...

Aeris dies

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-17 16:52:40 »
Weird.  I always like to know what's coming when I play a game or read a book.  Not knowing something makes me feel left out, even when there's really nothing to feel left out of :P

When I played FFVI for the first time, I knew absolutely every single detail of what would happen at every point in the plot of the game ahead of time, so no surprises at all :) Actually, there are only a handful of games I don't "research" before playing, and they're all the ones I just stumble upon in a shop and impulse-buy.  One example happens to be FF7.

Is it considered gamer's rage when someone overreacts to something plot-related in a game?  Because I remember playing Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and having to fight two ridiculously hard boss battles in a row.  I didn't know about the second one in advance, so after beating the first one (took me half a day)... well, victory was bittersweet.  I wasn't happy >:(

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-17 17:14:37 »
I've broken many PS1 and PS2 controllers. once an old fat PS1 :D
Holes in drywall kicked doors of hinges.. Yeah i had anger issues..

Thinking Red Ash-fault gave me the most rage quits. final level. last lap. gonna win, boss from NOWHERE kills you on one hit.

After that i'd have to say Crash bandicoot haha.

I know there was an early PS2 game that did it. But i can't remember.

In my defense. all these times i was younger then 12 haha 

Tyr

• "To be forgotten is worse than death"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-17 19:14:41 »
When I was little I used to play Disney's Hercules. I was so mad when I couldn't defeat the ...hmm what was it again xD Yes I think it was the map just before hades, the one where you had to run through the underworld...oh gosh it was so long ago. hihih^^

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-17 19:54:08 »
The only time I've raged was playing Diddy Kong Racing and racing Wizpig.   F*ck him... 

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-07-17 20:09:15 »
I raged when I played FF12 and realised that I'd paid money for it. :(

*explodes with a 10 megaton blast*

Just according to keikaku

Translator’s note: keikaku means plan

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-07-17 22:00:55 »
I raged when I played FF12 and realised that I'd paid money for it. :(
Hey, FFXII was a good game. It shouldn't have been called "Final Fantasy" with that battle system, but it was a good game.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-07-17 22:46:47 »
The only times I've ever had gamers rage was with Metal Gear Solid 3, when I was trapped in the Dark Crevice after facing Ocelot and could see shit and had to navigate through it with no light source but a Ciggarete I kept cussing everytime I bumped into a wall.
 Next was trying to beat the The fear with only tranquilizer darts, then there was that sniper  guy you had to fight, I mean I crawl around trying to find him for like an hour then all of a sudden he kicks my ass, I kicked my dog over this one.. finally, the one I still haven't gotten over, beating the game without being spotted....the only reason my controller isn't lodged into something right now is because I know can't afford another one. [/ rant in which no one knows what I'm talking about]