Author Topic: Wooden Swords!!  (Read 22405 times)

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Wooden Swords!!
« on: 2010-07-16 14:05:37 »
Hey I made a sword the other day just thought I would share it with everyone

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Wooden Swords!!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-16 14:19:43 »
1. This is the wrong board. Go to completely unrelated with this. (I'm sure Obesebear will be along shortly to oblige you) (sl1982 beat him to it. Oh well. :) )

2. That image is a bit large for a forum. It took me dial-up time to load it and I'm on a Optic Fiber connection.

3. That sword is too weak to do anything with other than use as a decoration. When I opened this up I expected to see self-made Bokken or something. Then I would have asked you how you did it.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-16 14:37:32 by NFITC1 »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-16 15:29:48 »
yea I know it is just for decoration

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-16 20:16:35 »
BoKKens are actually pretty easy. You just have got to find the right kind of wood and know how to carve. After that it is all whatever the hey you want.

Is that supposed to be a soldier sword?

I'd say, pretty good/mediocre. Sword you'd see in a cheap booth at a con. I personally prefer to make my swords good enough to actually be used. Wooden or not. Considering some people want to do mock battles for photos/vids.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-17 02:15:57 »
1. This is the wrong board. Go to completely unrelated with this. (I'm sure Obesebear will be along shortly to oblige you) (sl1982 beat him to it. Oh well. :) )

2. That image is a bit large for a forum. It took me dial-up time to load it and I'm on a Optic Fiber connection.

3. That sword is too weak to do anything with other than use as a decoration. When I opened this up I expected to see self-made Bokken or something. Then I would have asked you how you did it.

Lol your connection must be effed, the pic showed in 2 seconds for me and I have charter.

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-17 03:26:39 »
not really sure what kind of sword it is I guess you can say its a soldier sword lol. I was thinking about using it for a movie prop but its kind of useless because if you hit anything with it the paint will probably get ruined.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-17 03:30:00 »
You can always use it for cosplay. You can cosplay Zack with that kind of sword.

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-17 03:42:47 »
not a bad idea

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-17 05:07:10 »
Have you done any other swords? I'd really want to see a buster sword. I want to make one but all attempts I've done has failed. :(

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-17 13:40:32 »
Have you done any other swords? I'd really want to see a buster sword. I want to make one but all attempts I've done has failed. :(

I don't think you'd want a buster sword out of wood. =P Unless you want it just for decoration or whatever, cuz it'd be way too heavy and unbalanced. It's like what, 6 feet long?

Edit: Last I heard Timu was making a buster sword to sell at a convention, if you're interested. Dunno if he's still planning on making a second one but he might.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-17 14:13:18 by Chocobo_Girl »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-17 18:10:04 »
actually I surprisingly have made a buster sword out of wood......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-17 18:29:32 »
That's a small-ass buster sword. Kinda defeats the purpose.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-17 18:30:24 »
I think it is a little small? Anyways it looks alright. :) I got my inspiration to work on the sword again.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-17 18:31:39 »
That's a small-ass buster sword.

But another big-ass image :P

Apparently, our friend hasn't discovered the joys of imageshack's upload and resizing options. ;D

Tyr

• "To be forgotten is worse than death"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-17 18:40:41 »
You should paint that buster sword in metal colors. Like it's in advent children. It's gray and got slightly red handle just so you know ;) It's looking really nice...you could probably become a furniture carpenter with some more work. :D

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-17 18:52:44 »
Pfff mah gunblade is moar badass. :P

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-17 18:58:55 »
Btw I've never seen a sword from other FF like 9 and 10. I guess the buster sword can be considered in FFX since the model is still there.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-17 19:03:26 »
Yeah it would be cool if someone could create the double edged sword from FF9. Maybe too hard though since it has such a complicted design. Would be very hard to create with wood, maybe old milk packages. But still it would be very hard. I like the weapon quina has.

It's a fork :D wonder why no one creates her/his weapon. That would be awesome, if anyone here goes to anime convention can you make a spoon and make a suit that is fat? Then post the image on this forum pls. I would love to see how it looks hihih^^

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-17 21:36:17 »
Yeah it would be cool if someone could create the double edged sword from FF9. Maybe too hard though since it has such a complicted design. Would be very hard to create with wood, maybe old milk packages. But still it would be very hard. I like the weapon quina has.

It's a fork :D wonder why no one creates her/his weapon. That would be awesome, if anyone here goes to anime convention can you make a spoon and make a suit that is fat? Then post the image on this forum pls. I would love to see how it looks hihih^^

FF9 sucks, that's why no one bothers to make these weapons.

Tyr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-17 21:39:24 »
I have to disagree...I think it was just as good as FF7 and FF8. But we all got our tastes right ^^

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-17 21:40:56 »
I have to disagree...I think it was just as good as FF7 and FF8. But we all got our tastes right ^^

FF7 is much better cuz it has cultural diversity (Barret). ^____________^ FF9 only has furries.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-17 22:06:58 »
FF9 just had a shitty storyline

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-07-17 23:55:58 »

FF7 is much better cuz it has cultural diversity (Barret). ^____________^ FF9 only has furries.

It had people with tails, and we all know that monkeys are teh stupid

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-07-18 00:02:27 »
It had people with tails, and we all know that monkeys are teh stupid
Lord Frieza hates filthy Saiyan monkeys.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-07-18 00:52:08 »
Wow many dislikes FF9. I understand since its also my first impression when I first played the game. But I tried playing it again and now I find it funny and side quests are fun rather than following the story like FF8. I also liked it because it is the first final fantasy game that has good graphics which stays with the real final fantasy like black mages, thief, white mage, blue mage, knight/swordsman etc.. *off topic*