Author Topic: This is about NJ..  (Read 25080 times)

endlessdamage

• View Profile
This is about NJ..
« on: 2011-03-02 07:40:12 »
I am originally from New Jersey, and I keep seeing Jersey Shore on TV and everyone loves it. Well I hate it. And everybody in the world decides lets pick on Jersey, even if they have never been there and have no idea what its like. I am not going to keep going with this or it will turn into a rant, and that is not what this post is about. I have a few questions for everybody here.

First off - Have you ever been to New Jersey?

If so - Did you hate it? Or think it was anything like how people make it out to be or that ridiculous show makes it seem to be?

I just want input as to why everybody has to pick on NJ. We may be small, but that is in no way a reason to bully us.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: This is about NJ..
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-02 14:28:12 »
Do you and your friends look like this?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-02 16:55:20 »
I don't even watch that show and I can already say that it is dumb.

I look at the people that are IN LOVE with that show... I don't have to say anymore. :3

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-03 04:08:43 »
My friends and I, look absolutely nothing like that. The people in that show, aren't even from NJ, the arseholes are from New York

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-03 10:39:05 »
My friends and I, look absolutely nothing like that. The people in that show, aren't even from NJ, the arseholes are from New York

Yeah, that's something that bothers me too.  The REALLY irritating thing is, I live right across the Hudson River from NYC (as in, I can see NYC from my bedroom window), and there are no Guido douchebags around here... well... some, but not as many as you would thing.  They're from Long Island mostly.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-03 17:07:35 »
I've gone to the Jersey shore a couple of times for vacations. We usually stay around Wildwood when we go. I've never seen anything guidoesque there.

What I dislike, is how much people like that show. There is a grad student in my dept who goes by the name "Sammy". That is not her actual name. She tells everyone to call her that because she likes Sammy Sweetheart. Why on earth would people want to emulate that type of behavior?

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-03 17:44:52 »
Yeah, that's something that bothers me too.  The REALLY irritating thing is, I live right across the Hudson River from NYC (as in, I can see NYC from my bedroom window), and there are no Guido douchebags around here... well... some, but not as many as you would thing.  They're from Long Island mostly.

Ouch your up north, not really a problem, but its alot worse along the lines of stuck up people (no offense to you of course). I lived about 20 mins outside of philly.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-03 21:58:34 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:32:35 by Jenova's Witness »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-03-03 22:49:13 »
Why do those boys in the 2nd picture down on the left have mud on their faces?  Why are the guys pouting their lips?  Why is that musclebound man wearing my grandma's V-neck sweater?  Why does he have that look on his face?  What is that look on his face - seduction, constipation, or Zoolander?  Why does everyone have the same hairstyle as Wayne Static?

There's a simple reason behind all of this: they are cunts.

I googled this show, and it's on MTV.  Who watches MTV these days?  Didn't they stop being relevant in 1997?

For music, yes, it's irrelevant.

But they do occasionally have some successful non-music programmes. Jackass was one and Jersey Shore is another.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-03-04 14:19:12 »
Why do those boys in the 2nd picture down on the left have mud on their faces?  Why are the guys pouting their lips?  Why is that musclebound man wearing my grandma's V-neck sweater?  Why does he have that look on his face?  What is that look on his face - seduction, constipation, or Zoolander?  Why does everyone have the same hairstyle as Wayne Static?

There's a simple reason behind all of this: they are cunts.

I googled this show, and it's on MTV.  Who watches MTV these days?  Didn't they stop being relevant in 1997?

For music, yes, it's irrelevant.

But they do occasionally have some successful non-music programmes. Jackass was one and Jersey Shore is another.

For the cunts comment, I completely agree. I thought SMF blocked out naughty words? Why is cunt allowed? They cut out less offensive words. Oh well. And as for their success, yes I dont think anybody uses it for music anymore. Jackass was a great show, too bad it isnt on anymore. Jersey shore is one of the shows they have that are successful, yes, but that in no way means it is even close to a good show.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-03-04 14:42:09 »
Thanks for pointing that out.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-03-04 14:42:56 »
lol, beat me by 1 minute

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-03-04 16:11:06 »
Thanks for pointing that out.

I detect sarcasm  :'(

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-03-04 16:26:04 »
None was intended, perhaps get your detector recalibrated?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-03-04 16:42:40 »
Oh great, the one swear word we can say, and now we can't say it.

And I won't even go into how ridiculous it is to censor swearwords when we all know what is being said...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-03-04 17:35:48 »
Well if everyone knows what is being said then there is no reason why we shouldn't censor. The only ones that may not know what we are talking about is the young ones.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #16 on: 2011-03-04 17:47:11 »
Do you need a reason to do something, or a reason not to do something?  Many non swear words are far more vulgar than many swear words.  Buttsex, not a swear.  Dumbass, a swear.  I'm just being impulsive, I respect the rules of the board.  Just dumping my thoughts onto the screen.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-03-04 17:50:49 »
Dumbass is not a swear. It's an insult.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-03-04 18:02:07 »
Well if everyone knows what is being said then there is no reason why we shouldn't censor.

Why don't we censor the word "the"? Or wordfilter it to "ice cream"? Everyone will know what's being said.

The only ones that may not know what we are talking about is the young ones.

Who are they?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-03-04 18:11:05 »
You dont honestly believe that everyone that has or may come here in the future is 20+ years old do you (or whatever age you feel vulgar language is appropriate)?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-03-04 18:21:47 »
You dont honestly believe that everyone that has or may come here in the future is 20+ years old do you (or whatever age you feel vulgar language is appropriate)?

20+ is an extraordinary age at which to start trusting people to read naughty words. How old do you think people should have to be before they have sex? 50? I certainly knew all the bad words by the time I was 8 or 9, and I learnt them at an older age than most of my peers.

I honestly believe that every single person who comes here is aware of naughty words and knows what the censored words mean (or the equivalents in whatever language they speak natively). This is a technical site about a game from the 1990s; I don't think we get any 5-year-olds.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 2011-03-04 18:28:55 »
We have bigger problems than people calling chavs and chavettes a bunch of King Canutes.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-04 18:31:57 by Bosola »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #22 on: 2011-03-04 18:43:36 »
Dumbass is not a swear. It's an insult.

You know what I mean.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-03-04 20:56:16 »
Oh great, the one swear word we can say, and now we can't say it.

And I won't even go into how ridiculous it is to censor swearwords when we all know what is being said...

Well I am sorry for pointing it out though.

A do like the way sl reworded everything though =] gives me quite a chuckle.

As for that, I am 19, does this mean I am not allowed to cuss in general for your standards? not just on this forum?
EDIT: oops forgot some.

20+ is an extraordinary age at which to start trusting people to read naughty words. How old do you think people should have to be before they have sex? 50? I certainly knew all the bad words by the time I was 8 or 9, and I learnt them at an older age than most of my peers.

You may have known all the bad words by the time you were 8 or 9, but did you know what they all meant? I for one, didn't know that said 'female genitalia' was actually female genitalia until i was around 12. As for the majority of them, yes I knew what they meant at an early age. Then again, most of us on here have a higher than average level of intelligence. I dont know the reasoning for that, but it is just something I have seemed to notice over the little time I have been here(No yelling at me for stereotypes! This ones a good one).

EDIT: (yes again) I forgot something else.

None was intended, perhaps get your detector recalibrated?

Actually I thought you were being sarcastic about me saying that Jackass was a good show, or that Jersey Shore is a horrible show, in which case, sarcasm would most definitely fit. At that point I hadn't realized that you edited my post and changed the naughty words.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-04 21:05:43 by endlessdamage »

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-03-04 21:05:19 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:30:28 by Jenova's Witness »