Author Topic: FF7 : Mega Analysing  (Read 3968 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
FF7 : Mega Analysing
« on: 2011-04-14 16:38:24 »
A new project I decided to start as a result of being bored. This project consists in checking the script of EVERY single field location, alphabetically, which means that we will start with ancnt_1 and finish with zz8 in order. This will allow us to find (and eventually repair) any weirdies in the script. We will check any single script in every field. I know some of you will want to modify some things. We will use Makou Reactor and Meteor to see the script, but most likely Makou Reactor by myst6re. We will start this project once I'll come back to home, which means in approximately 6 hours and a half. We will post everything here but when we will finish a field, we'll create a new thread to post that there and to post only finished stuff.

What do you guys think about this project?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF7 : Mega Analysing
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-14 17:01:14 »
... What exactly is "weirdies".  What have you already/are expecting to find/fix?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-14 17:05:39 »
I didn't find any other word to describe that :P It's things that aren't supposed to be there.

I didn't fix anything, but plan to fix some things (and eventually the ones we'll find)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-14 22:24:36 »
ID : 0
Filename : ancnt1

Data with ID 0 :
Group : dir
Type : Main

Script 0 - Init
Byte#0 : SPECIAL - Hide Arrow.
Byte#3 : Display "Forgotten City" in the main menu
Byte#5 : If $GameMoment == 664 (else jump to byte 17)
-> Play music #0
-> Jump to byte#19
Byte#17 : Play music #1
Byte#19 : Return

Script 0 - Main
Byte#0 : Jump to byte 0

Script 1
Byte#0 : Return

That's what it'll look. We'll add precisions about some things like what music is played and all... I wrote that myself since I cannot copy directly from Makou Reactor. Obviously there isn't all the ancnt1 but if you guys want me to, I can do it. It'll take long, tough. That way, no more things will be hidden from us :P
« Last Edit: 2011-04-14 23:42:40 by Vgr255 »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-14 22:56:33 »
So who exactly are you working with? The way you keep saying "We" in your post just keeps making me think of Venom.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-14 23:42:26 »
Yeah this is venom :evil:

In fact, "we" is all the persons who wants to do this project with me. You may not participe, but giving your ideas on some things or even encourage me to continue (this is such a pain...)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-14 23:57:28 »
Well, before you really get started, let me point out that posting every scene in this thread will make it huge and largely unreadable.  You'll probably want to set up a google docs of some kind, or something similar.

If you were more clear about what exactly "weirdies" are, you may find more help for your "team" as well.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-15 00:01:17 »
Weirdies = things that shouldn't be there. I plan on creating another thread just for the finished fields, but making it as a google doc is fine too.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-15 00:26:17 »
Weirdies = things that shouldn't be there.
Right, I grasp that much, but what are some examples?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-15 00:32:14 »
Some glitches and the death of... :roll:

Well, I don't really have examples, but I'm sure we'll find something. Anyone wants to help me? For the copying, I or anyone else can handle that. For the description, anyone can help. We'll verify after anyway.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-15 01:31:21 »
so would you be able to edit the parameters in which the character is able to walk? Like allow them to walk on certain parts of the image that hey couldn't originally? Could that be a potential example lol. I think its a good idea because there are usually always small errors or miscalcs in scripting but I think you'll have to find some solid evidence before more people get behind you. However I will definitely encourage you to continue.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-15 17:04:43 »
Yes, that's doable.

One of the errors I attempt to correct is the bug in the sector 8 sewers, against the turks. In fact, you CAN avoid them without doing Wutai's sidequest. One script line is oddly placed. I will modify this.