Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

Final Fantasy XV

<< < (2/3) > >>

DLPB_:
7.6 for a user score is significant - esp for a FF game.  The number of sales don't really give an indication of quality... People buy FF regardless.  The reviews I've read have been generally way more negative than ff7,8,9 and 10 were.

-Ric-:

--- Quote from: DLPB on 2017-07-09 17:12:59 ---7.6 for a user score is significant - esp for a FF game.  The number of sales don't really give an indication of quality... People buy FF regardless.  The reviews I've read have been generally way more negative than ff7,8,9 and 10 were.

--- End quote ---

it's still way less than 1% of people who actually bought the game. You could easily go to another 3000 different people and they'd tell you that it's the greatest thing ever. User reviews are total crap to me exactly because of that. Besides, come on, you didn't really expect it to live up to the ratings of FF7, FF9 and 10 right? That's just not happening with any Final Fantasy game that comes out in the future.

Kaldarasha:

--- Quote from: -Ric- on 2017-07-09 17:01:22 ---... but overall, it's a pretty entertaining game. ...

--- End quote ---

And that is the problem. SE hasn't made a FF which is more than that in the last decade. Moreover, a pretty entertaining game shouldn't take that long and eat so much money to produce. Look at the new Zelda it alone has sold the Switch and had also a comparable long development time with changes to the game play. SE should stay away from such vampire projects and make sure that the quality of the smaller projects is at a higher niveau. However, as it looks right now SE has two of such projects FF7R and KHIII. And the last one is sh*t without Disney.
In the end SE creates more and more low budget sloppy games to milk the so called true FF fans (facepalm that they think they are) to refinacial their big too ambitious projects.

Get me right the game looks and plays awesome, but a final fantasy, noway. Bravely Experiment fits better.

-Ric-:

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2017-07-09 19:37:08 ---And that is the problem. SE hasn't made a FF which is more than that in the last decade. Moreover, a pretty entertaining game shouldn't take that long and eat so much money to produce. Look at the new Zelda it alone has sold the Switch and had also a comparable long development time with changes to the game play. SE should stay away from such vampire projects and make sure that the quality of the smaller projects is at a higher niveau. However, as it looks right now SE has two of such projects FF7R and KHIII. And the last one is sh*t without Disney.
In the end SE creates more and more low budget sloppy games to milk the so called true FF fans (facepalm that they think they are) to refinacial their big too ambitious projects.

Get me right the game looks and plays awesome, but a final fantasy, noway. Bravely Experiment fits better.

--- End quote ---

What can I say, you're right. I personally have given up hope on any future Final Fantasy game being a mindblowing one so I don't really get as disappointed anymore. When I bought 15 I actually expected it to be way worse but it's actually a decent game. 10 was their last truly great Final Fantasy in my opinion and I seriously doubt they'll ever reach those kinds of standards again. I'm sorry to say but, anyone who's expecting any future Final Fantasy to reach the standards set by the likes of 6, 7, 9, 10 is simply going to end up frustrated, angry and disappointed. Just keep an open mind, check out gameplay videos, see if it's something you deem worth your time or not and decide if you wanna spend your money in it or not.

The days of "OMG! NEW FINAL FANTASY! MUST BUY!" are over.

olearyf2525:
Pretty much what Kaldarasha said, it's not a bad game unlike FFXIII but it's barely a final fantasy game, and it's a mediocre game that took them a huge budget and a long long time to develop. Square Enix is no longer capable of producing the sort of great story, great game play, great sound/music and graphics that there games were known for. They have to spend a large amount of time and a huge budget just to produce a mediocre game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version