Author Topic: Question on Cutscenes  (Read 2897 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
Question on Cutscenes
« on: 2010-07-04 16:12:02 »
Hey, quite a while ago I saw something about putting custom videos and cutscenes into FF7, I'm working on a mod and I would like to put my own videos into it. Now I've searched and I can't seem to find anything, could someone link me to the exact post that explains how to do it, or just tell me? Once I've done it you can delete this thread if you like (:
Thanks.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-04 17:15:13 »
First copy all of your movie files from your cd to a folder like D:\Movies. Go to your run command in the start menu and type regedit. There find your registry for Square Soft Inc and you'll find the moviepath there. You should change the default moviepath to the name of the folder where your fmv's are stored(D:\Movies is my example). There you have it, you already play the movies with your hard drive. To use your custom movies, just copy it in the folder and rename your custom movie to what you want to change. Example is you want to change the opening video. Just delete the original opening.avi and rename your custom made movie to opening.avi and see if it works and in game. :)

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-04 18:06:10 »
Oh is that it? I could have sworn they had to be coded in a certain way or something.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-04 18:23:17 »
Oh is that it? I could have sworn they had to be coded in a certain way or something.
If I remember correctly, it has to be the same file size and same frames per second. I could be wrong though.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-04 23:00:50 »
Some cutscenes need to be 15 FPS, some need to be atleast as long as the original and with some you can just put whatever and it will still work. You'll just have to experiment with it.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-05 11:41:31 »
One example of this is you have to make a video 15 fps and the same duration for the opening.avi so that it'll work. If you have more than fps I think it does not play at all?? An example for any length of the video is the starting credits(the one that was released by grimmy).