Poll

Which Scene do You Consider as the Saddest Final Fantasy VII Moment Ever?

The death of Aeris.
The death of Zack.

Author Topic: Saddest FFVII Moment  (Read 30087 times)

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Saddest FFVII Moment
« on: 2010-07-02 21:02:24 »
This is something I've always wondered. Zack's death was voted as most memorable of TheLifesteam.net, but Aeris' death has been considered as the saddest video game moment for quite a while. What do you guys think? Aeris, or Zack?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Saddest FFVII Moment
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-02 21:03:33 »
Zack lives on, under the name Cloud, his living legacy. Aeristh died for reals, and for keeps.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-02 21:08:36 »
I cried so much at the end of Crisis Core... ;0; It was all like fuck off no one likes you go die. T_T

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-02 21:29:48 »
Saddest FFVII moment?

Probably when you find out Cloud is kinda a bitch. Not at all as cool as you thought.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-02 22:36:08 »
Zack's death was voted as most memorable of TheLifesteam.net

F*CKING NEWFAGS!

Also, bitches don't know bout mah petrified Seto crying

I found it much sadder than Aeris' death; it was on a par with the death of Littlefoot's mother in The Land Before Time. I seriously had to hold back the tears during this scene.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-02 22:57:45 »
I dont know about you guys, but the saddest moment for me was the first time I played FF7. It was at the end when sephiroth uses supernova, and you didnt know it was coming and was nowhere near prepared for it.

Consequently, death comes knocking, and suddenly you get a creen that says.....Game Over,

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-02 23:35:47 »
I vote Aeris.  Sure, CC was good and the ending was sad, but the whole concept of CC felt like something of a cash-in, and i never really felt the things they added were needed. Idk, i didn't even like aeris when i got up to the part that she died on my first playthrough, and it still upset me.

Or i vote meryl in mgs if you give up torture :lol:

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-03 00:22:15 »
I vote Zack. Its just like Aerith is waiting for Zack to go to her but he never accomplished it to save his best friend Cloud. That's the saddest part for me. :'(

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-03 00:52:51 »
I really don't know why but Aeris dying really didn't affect me. I didn't dislike her but I didn't particularly like her that much. She was kind of annoying and always running off doing things on her own and I guess I kinda thought "Oh Aeris... if any sh*t happens to you it's your own bloody fault, you should have stuck with us..." and that in that sense she kinda deserved it for being that way. But that makes me feel heartless so that can't be why. :P

Maybe I was too young to feel sad about it, I was 7 when I first played it and I guess I was just like oh that sucks, it's ok she was week anyway.

My friend told me the first time he saw that scene he was laughing really hard cuz it was funny to see chibi low res models stabbing and killing each other. o.o

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-03 00:59:33 »
I hated Aeris when she was alive for similar reasons.

When she died, I realised that I'd never see her again and never get to know her. I had abused her and rejected her all that time and now she was gone. My face:

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-03 01:32:42 »
I hated Aeris when she was alive for similar reasons.

When she died, I realised that I'd never see her again and never get to know her. I had abused her and rejected her all that time and now she was gone. My face:

Tsukihime! Now that's a story that has some REAL tears in it. FFVII's story doesn't hold a candle to it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-03 01:35:48 »
I felt like my mind had been raped by that game after I played the fourth route. And then again after the fifth one. Nasu seems to be very good at fucking with people's brains. He did the same thing in Heaven's Feel in Fate/Stay in the Kitchen, so I should really have known better, but I didn't... :'(

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-03 01:46:06 »
Zack > Seto > Aerith

special note: Zack is first if we're including CC.  If not, he gets placed last.

Prove me wrong

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-03 01:50:48 »
Zack > Seto > Aerith

special note: Zack is first if we're including CC.  If not, he gets placed last.

Prove me wrong

Zack was unlikeable, we knew he was going to die already, there wasn't the same dramatic setup, the music wasn't as sad and it lacked the emotion and importance to the character of the Seto scene and the symbolic importance of Aeris' death. And Zack was a faggot. Wait, I've kind of said that already... ;D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-03 01:52:35 »
And Zack was a faggot. Wait, I've kind of said that already... ;D
NO U!

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-03 01:57:02 »
And Zack was a faggot. Wait, I've kind of said that already... ;D

Thank you, finally someone who has some sense :lol:

"embrace your dreams" - how about embracing my fist in your face?  :evil:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-03 02:10:56 »
The problem with Zack was that everything was so over the top.

When a character in a story is constantly the helpless, innocent victim who never deserves any shabby treatment, I find it very hard to feel sorry for them. This isn't because I think that such characters are pushovers who should stand up for themselves (which is the reason most people give), but because I find such setups hard to believe. When a story presents one side as being always the victim and another being always the bad guy, my bullsh*t and bias detectors go off and I stop taking the narrative seriously.

His personality is also over the top, if what he has can actually be called a personality. I can no longer stand the stereotypical badass anti-hero, but Zack was such a naively optimistic goody-two-shoes that it was sickening. He reminded me of a less selfish version of Tidus. What's worse, his selflessness was done in such a way that it made him less appealing. I suppose the character closest to him would actually be Selphie; the difference is that in FF8, Kitase had the good sense to make the sickeningly sweet happy-go-lucky character into an annoying sidekick with hardly any role in the game, rather than the protagonist.

I can see what Square were going for with Zack and the way they presented what happened to him, but they laid everything on far too thickly and left me unable to feel much sympathy for him.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-03 02:45:09 »
damn, if only i had a ps2 to play Crisis Core... i feel left out...and chrono cross

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-03 02:45:50 »
Zack's death isn't sad to me either.  I haven't actually played CC, though.

I agree that the Seto scene is the saddest.  Especially since Red XIII was my favorite character out of the party members when I first played.  You don't expect that kind of revelation either.  It got me by surprise.

As for Aeris, well, that's very sad as well.  But I saw it coming the minute she left the party.  Others will disagree, but I didn't find it all that shocking.  But I must say, the dialogue after Sephiroth impaled her was quite powerful.

Isn't Crisis Core on the PSP?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-03 02:48:05 »
Isn't Crisis Core on the PSP?

Yes.

And the PSP can be emulated, although in order to play CC on it you'll need to do things that are frowned upon here...

Oh, and Chrono Cross is for the PSX

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-03 04:17:49 »
i would put seto as the saddest, then zack, then sephi (final battle) cuz it means the game is over, then aeris.

As to zack's character, although over the top, I appreciated a character with some optimism and some degree of confidence. He's not the greatest example, but it was refreshing to have a little of both.

Tidus - optimizm, nothing else worth noting
Vaan - same shit diff FF

A number of good confident characters, but often lacking on the optimism... like
SOLID SNAKE and auron (i suppose auron had some optimism for the next generation, with all his story crap, hoping their stories wouldnt end like his o.o)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-03 04:19:54 »
Cait Sith's death, because you get a brand new one a minute after you think you don't have to brag that thing around anymore. :'(

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-07-03 04:35:40 »
Cait Sith's death, because you get a brand new one a minute after you think you don't have to drag that thing around anymore. :'(

^This.

Maybe if he had been replaced by the real Reeve, we'd all like him a little better.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-07-03 06:59:13 »
My vote is on aerith over Zack. Personally I think if they ever did come out and update FF7(remake) and actually show all of her death scene(sword going through her, splattering blood and all that) it would be as shocking and sad as everyones first innocent playthrough.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-07-03 14:51:40 »
i think blood effects would take away from the scene, its become such a pristine, and innocent scene of violence, that high quality effects would influence the feeling greatly.