Author Topic: 4xCut (make your own upscaled fields files) V2.6 released (2019/05/14)  (Read 22396 times)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
This software needs to be updated to be able to process fields advanced animations (with FFNx).
It also need to be updated for processing of about 10 fields and make some manual correction automatic.
As i don't have the time to update it, here's the source code : http://yatoshicom.free.fr/4xcutV5.7z.

I'm not providing the exe because it MUST be fixed-updated to be able to provide a good result OOB for all fields (ATM 95% of the job is automated but the 5% remaining need to be tweaked, and a full ingame check too to be sure)

Feel free to use and share it without any restriction, but if you use it PLEASE do a full gamethrought for bug hunting and correction before doing any fields release, i don't wan't another "bugged never fixed" fields pack  :-\

Hello.
I've done an upscaled fields pack some times ago with waifu and know that the longuest parts is to do the layering assembly before upscale, to cut the files after upscaling, and to walk throug the game for bugs hunting (can realy be discouraging).
As some new upscale methods have shown (esrgan, letsenhence...) i've done a tool so anyone can do an upscale pack (for test, self preference, or release) easily.
I've assembled all fields animation in the lowest number of files to upscale (about 3500 full pictures).
I've generated smooth upscaled cuting layers with potrace and imagemagik.
And i've done the game from start to correct bugs (some optimisation can be done - mainly in the the lightingfiles - i'll optimise then if needed)

So to automate the process i've done a small tool (in vb6 + imagemagick + palmer) :

So it's simple
-Click on the  "open sources folder"
-Upscale 4x the files with your favorite softs
-Put the upscaled file in the source 4x folder (with the "open sources4x folder")
-Click on "4xCut fields"
-Wait (maybe realy long if lots of files)
-"Batch import" with palmer (auto launched)
-Wait (maybe long  if lots of files)
-Close palmer
-Wait (fast)
-A folder will open with the ready to use fields files

The soft auto correct the missing block after palmer import for las4_3 and las4_2 and auto delete some file witch make ingame bugs (datio_8, woa ...)
The soft don't process the 16 blacks screens and debug room of the game, so it's processing 685 of 703 fields.

The tool also provide REpalmer, a simple palmer batch ui to batch palmer the already 4xCutted fields.
It's autodetecting if a 4xcutted filed is present, then do the exact same processing of palmer that regular 4xCut (with auto delete bugued light fields, auto correct the "las" files...)

http://wowsatsuki.free.fr/Satsuki.4xCut.v2.6.exe

If you found bugs in fields (black lines of dots - background over the character) tell me and i'll correct the layers... or you can correct them yourself, all the layers for cutting are in the "\work\Fields\layers4x" folder of the software.
Before telling me bugs, please test the game without the modded files because some colision bug are not due to the cutting but to the driver (and i can don nothing about it)

If it can help you i could do the same soft for the battle files to.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-12 10:54:48 by satsuki »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: 4xCut (make your own upscaled fields files)
« Reply #1 on: 2018-11-21 00:15:35 »
Whoa!  Excellent!  Any chance this can be done for FF8? It uses PuPu as an interface for field file splicing, etc. -- I'm sure Fated Courage and others would appreciate it!
« Last Edit: 2018-11-21 00:18:20 by Mcindus »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #2 on: 2018-11-21 06:41:41 »
Good stuff!
Thanks, i'll optimise it while i'll make a new upscale pack to ff7 but it's realy usable right now (it's already does a better cut (in most casses) than my old waiffu pack i've done mostly by hand)

Whoa!  Excellent!  Any chance this can be done for FF8? It uses PuPu as an interface for field file splicing, etc. -- I'm sure Fated Courage and others would appreciate it!
Sadly to make this sort of auto layering take me looooots of time and i'm not realy into FF8 (i'm into a new upscale pack for ff7 now, probably letsenhence or esrgan or may be a mix of differents resize now that layering and cutting isn't to hard to do ^^)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-11-21 11:47:29 »
This seems really helpful. Thank you for doing this

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #4 on: 2018-12-01 11:42:25 »
Working on a new upscale pack (will take some time but will be way better than the waifu's one ^^) :

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-12-01 13:42:09 »
Ok, I'm hyped up. I'm still using your waifu backgrounds so this could be a nice upgrade.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #6 on: 2018-12-01 17:25:32 »
That is clear as F! Keep it up man

CaptRobau

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-01-01 19:57:53 »
This looks like a great tool! Thanks satsuki

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-01-29 21:50:17 »
Hey I have been working on my own upscales and then I stumbled on this tool!!! This looks great. Just a few questions for you. I know you have mentioned in other posts that you use potrace and imagemagik to optimize the edges of the layers... does 4x include these optimizations? When doing the fields manually I realized pretty quickly that the major issue was the edges on the layers. If 4x doesn't solve this automatically would you mind explaining your process? Also I know you mentioned releasing a more optimized version after your next updated upscale pack is released.. Can you give us an idea of what has been improved on?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #9 on: 2019-01-30 05:07:59 »
does 4x include these optimizations
>Yes

Can you give us an idea of what has been improved on?
>Mainly hand correction on black pixels and layers junctions
>Some of the source files wasn't right numbered so some animation ingame wasn't right
>Light dots was showing at the edge of the lights

So wait, the newer version will realy be more powerfull.
Some screen must be optimised by hand after using the tool because of their special light layering, so far :
-game1, game2 and blin1

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-01-30 05:35:02 »
>Some of the source files wasn't right numbered so some animation ingame wasn't right
>Light dots was showing at the edge of the lights

So wait, the newer version will realy be more powerfull.
Some screen must be optimised by hand after using the tool because of their special light layering, so far :
-game1, game2 and blin1

This is good to know! Do those 3 fields include the fields with the animations numbered wrong?
Also is there any ETA on you releasing the next version of 4xcut? I mean it would be awesome even if you just released some of the optimizing as you go. Or even just fixed the animation numbering. Once again thank you very much for the great work with this tool though!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #11 on: 2019-01-30 09:33:40 »
No animation bug on thoses 3 screens
No release date, i'll release it after my ff7 esrgan pack, so bug correction will be maximum.
I also need  to automate a black offset correction (fast but need to test to be sure)

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-01-31 01:45:05 »
This is awesome. I've already used your tool to redo every field in the game. Going through to test now. I know you mentioned doing this for battle fields as well. Is that still in the plan?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #13 on: 2019-01-31 07:27:19 »
Yes it'll be in next release.

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-02-11 21:10:32 »
Hey man just curious how the new update is coming along?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #15 on: 2019-02-12 13:04:19 »
On its way.
It'll be released after my ff7 pack.
All feature are ready, only need the final test to be over.
The final walkthrought just passed about half the game.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #16 on: 2019-02-12 21:16:27 »
Preview of the v2 of 4xcut (all options working great sor far) :

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2019-02-16 06:51:28 »
Preview of the v2 of 4xcut (all options working great sor far) :

Really looking forward to this release. Any updated ETA? Also would be cool if you separated the 4xcut and palmer batch into 2 buttons. That way if you just wanted to redo the palmer section without doing the full recut again it would be possible.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #18 on: 2019-02-16 11:43:46 »
About 2/3 of the game checked so far.
For palmer only there's a palmer frontend in this forum.
I cant do a more specific version of it if needed...

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #19 on: 2019-02-17 13:39:28 »
Waiting the v2 of 4xCut, here's REpalmer, a simple palmer batch ui to batch palmer the already 4xCutted fields.
It's autodetecting if a 4xcutted filed is present, then do the exact same processing of palmer that regular 4xCut (with auto delete bugued light fields, auto correct the "las" files...)
You need to put it in the same folder that 4xCut.exe

dl link : http://wowsatsuki.free.fr/REpalmer.7z

opengrip

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2019-02-17 18:13:17 »
Waiting the v2 of 4xCut, here's REpalmer, a simple palmer batch ui to batch palmer the already 4xCutted fields.
You need to put it in the same folder that 4xCut.exe

dl link : http://wowsatsuki.free.fr/REpalmer.7z

Thanks a lot!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #21 on: 2019-02-26 09:21:56 »
V2 will be released soon.
I expect to release my ff7 pack in some days (10 days max if no bug so far) then release the V2 of this tool soon after that

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Re: 4xCut (make your own upscaled fields files) V2 released
« Reply #22 on: 2019-03-02 14:07:58 »
V2 released

opengrip

• View Profile
Re: 4xCut (make your own upscaled fields files) V2 released
« Reply #23 on: 2019-03-02 19:52:28 »
V2 released

Thank you very much :D