Author Topic: New to Forum and need help getting ffvii to work  (Read 1969 times)

omni1269

New to Forum and need help getting ffvii to work
« on: 2005-06-01 02:54:21 »
Hello all. I read the forums on the fixing of the game via patch 1.02 and he Nvidia patch as well as the chocobo patch. I also got the riva tuner and tried that method. I also tried running it under the compatibility mode for windows 98. The problem is i start the game and I hear the Edios music for the opening movie but i see nothing, then the start game continue comes up and i press start game. After that i see nothing but can hear the opening movie sound. When i click the Nvidia option it doesnt even give me the sound for the movies and it crashes.

Heres my system info.

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2              
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.3GHz
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
Chip type: GeForce FX 5950 Ultra

please help in any way you can.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-01 03:17:18 »
Did you install the upside-down movie patch (like I mention in the FAQ)?  That usually fixes problems with the videos playing.

omni1269

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-09 14:12:35 »
ok. I formated my computer over the weekend. Now it runs right out of the box. I only have one question. The movies play just fine but they appear extremly pixelated. I dunno if it has been that long since i have played or if there is something i can do to fix it. I also read thats installing the video codec from the cd sometimes is the problem itself.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-09 19:12:47 »
No, they're going to be blocky. It's just it didn't seem so bad back in the day.