Author Topic: New version of FF7Music  (Read 66300 times)

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #25 on: 2005-10-16 18:53:50 »
Small update on my website (v1.5a) with a couple of fixes;

-Fixed looping (didn't read setting from INI correctly)
-Adding files doesn't put the path in the main list, but (correctly) in the search paths
-Fixed potential crash in custom looping code
-Log saved to disk on exit

Errors:

"cooperative level error" is a DirectSound error. Try reconfiguring the DS output plugin with different options, or use OUT_WAVE instead, which is what I do.

Problems with ramps - if somebody could email me a savegame as close as possible to the event which triggers it that would be helpful. Since the new version (should) save its log to disk on exit (provided you don't kill it from Task Manager) any logs would be helpful too.

Ficelib versions - should be completely irrelevant now since v1.5 doesn't require or use FICEDULA.DLL - you don't need any version present.

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #26 on: 2005-10-16 19:05:43 »
Quote from: ficedula
"cooperative level error" is a DirectSound error. Try reconfiguring the DS output plugin with different options, or use OUT_WAVE instead, which is what I do.

I owe you one :D It works great :D

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #27 on: 2005-10-16 19:35:08 »
Quote from: ficedula
Small update on my website (v1.5a) with a couple of fixes;

-Fixed looping (didn't read setting from INI correctly)
-Adding files doesn't put the path in the main list, but (correctly) in the search paths
-Fixed potential crash in custom looping code
-Log saved to disk on exit

Errors:

Problems with ramps - if somebody could email me a savegame as close as possible to the event which triggers it that would be helpful. Since the new version (should) save its log to disk on exit (provided you don't kill it from Task Manager) any logs would be helpful too.

Ficelib versions - should be completely irrelevant now since v1.5 doesn't require or use FICEDULA.DLL - you don't need any version present.

Just sent you a save before we meet the president for the first time.  Hope it can be of some help.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #28 on: 2005-10-16 20:37:56 »
Thanks; v1.51 is up for download on my website. It should help prevent FF7 from crashing when FF7Music does, and also resolve most of the bugs in ramp emulation (well, all the bugs I found, anyway).

Coheed

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #29 on: 2005-10-16 22:07:39 »
Great, everything seems to be working now.

ajrock2000

• View Profile
    • http://www.freestuffnow.net
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #30 on: 2005-10-17 00:02:31 »
Fice you are the man! Thanks for this!  :D  :D

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #31 on: 2005-10-17 08:31:20 »
BUG in NEW version:

Theres a serious, SERIOUS delay in the music being launched in 1.51.  Like, at LEAST 5 seconds, and sometimes a track won't stop properly.  I've had to revert to 1.5 and just not have the "emulate ramps" option.

Also, is the main program window SUPPOSED to start out like, 14 pixels too small in both directions?  Because it opens up, and there's small scroll bars on the bottom and side, and stretching the border out just a little gets rid of them.  This doesn't affect functionality, btw, but it seems like something worth cleaning up once you've squished the other bugs.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #32 on: 2005-10-17 09:06:31 »
wow all of this popped up in just over a day?
I was too busy playing with the first version!
Ramping did cause random crashes after battle.
I got a weird error at one point, FF7 crashed on me! (normally it doesnt crash, it just dies).
When you board the boat at Junon, and you see the boat on the world map, it then zooms in on the boat and is supposed to switch to a view inside the boat instead with FF7music running it crashes. XP tells me the crash was in winMM.dll

I got around it buy not using ff7music.
I will test the new version tonight, I will look forward to editing the psf package aaron, might not be till later this week though as I need to kill Jenova first!!

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #33 on: 2005-10-17 18:26:09 »
By the way, I just installed the latest ff7music version.
but it doesnt seem to like my ini (i used with ver 1.5)
just so you know

N-Y-M

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #34 on: 2005-10-19 19:38:09 »
Does anyone know where to download FF7music mp3?

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #35 on: 2005-10-19 21:11:20 »
If you mean the MP3 music files, that is a stupid question.
Go out and buy the CDs

If you mean the files for the MP3s (ff7music.ini) to work, search the forum for ff7music.ini

Rich

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #36 on: 2005-10-20 00:08:05 »
Running 1.5a

I also found with ramps checked after looking into rooms at the honey bee it hung but I overwrote the save. I tested it out with battles as some one mentioned that and had the same problem when leaving the battle result screen. I stoped playing with ramping on after that.

Resuming doesn't seem to work for me when Looping is on, uncheck looping and it works fine.

Other than that had no crashes but I've only clocked about three hours of play since installing the latest version.

convoy

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #37 on: 2005-10-21 11:50:25 »
I just download the version 1.5.1

For me, it rocks big time why? firstly

1) The music are finally sync together with the game. Overall the synchronisation is in a much improvement (example: when it come to a fight, the music is on together with the screen turning 360 degre instead of after the screen turn 360 degree then the music will be switch on. )

2) The looping for the MP3 rocks!. No hang/crash/abornal symptom

3) I can play FF7 AC MUSIC!!!  :wicked:

Thanks for producing such a software.

You ROCKS!  8)

Fafara

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #38 on: 2005-10-27 15:38:19 »
PLEASE! Can someone post a ready INI with all the required stuff.. I want my songs to be in /Ficedula/Songs/

I never got this to work!

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #39 on: 2005-10-27 22:00:14 »
This could be difficult... INI file depends on filenames what you use and directory on your hdd.
Better look for some tutorial how to make this beauty work.

Rich

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #40 on: 2005-10-27 23:03:05 »
I think for now the best thing to do is take the ini from the package of the old version of FF7Music and PSFs. You will still need to set tracks and plugin directories.

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #41 on: 2005-10-28 08:58:47 »
I found something strange today while using FF7music
I ran it and clicked on run ff7.
I quit FF7 and left FF7music running (i forget to close it far too often and end up running 2 of them, which leads to overlapping music).
I then went and ran FF7w (FF7 in a window application) and now normally I have midi disabled to use FF7 music so there is no music in FF7w, but because FF7music was still opened it was STILL catching the midi calls and hence STILL playing the MP3s even though FF7 wasnt started by it.
Just a thought maybe people didnt know they could use FF7music without actually having it running FF7, (since people like me use FF7w and sometimes rename the exe because I use many different versions)

AdamSee

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #42 on: 2005-10-28 14:56:59 »
The new version doesn't support directories with spaces in when linking to files.

I had my files in c:\program files\ff7\mp3 and the program files parsed as

c:\program;
files\ff7\mp3

Use a directory with no spaces in if you are having problems getting any music at all.

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #43 on: 2005-10-28 15:18:52 »
did you read all the posts
That was one of my posts about that, i will post the correct way to input the paths into the ini tonight when I get home,

Rich

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #44 on: 2005-10-28 16:20:05 »
eeep, missed 1.51.

I'm also getting the long delay in music starting. Ramps don't crash but don't work for me. Still getting funny isues with resuming, it now works with loops on but only if ramping is also on.

AdamSee

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #45 on: 2005-10-28 16:24:22 »
I did indeed, a few times, but I still didn't notice it unfortunately.

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #46 on: 2005-10-28 20:31:12 »
Well here is the paths line from my ini:

Code: [Select]
Paths=;"FF7 OST\DISC 1\";"FF7 OST\DISC 2\";"FF7 OST\DISC 3\";"FF7 OST\DISC 4\";"FF7 OST\Reunion\";"FF7 OST\FF7AC\";"FF7 OST\pst\";"FF7 OST\FF7Piano"

Blade

New version of FF7Music
« Reply #47 on: 2005-10-29 01:54:04 »
Does this new version work with PSF files?

The Skillster

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #48 on: 2005-10-29 09:54:05 »
correct but you need to have to correct winamp plugin in the same folder and the in_psf.dll entry in the plugins section of the ff7music.ini

Starlith

• View Profile
New version of FF7Music
« Reply #49 on: 2005-10-29 12:15:04 »
I've tried the same INI file as the old one and ficelib also re-patched it a number of times and it still there's still no music. Is it something to do with the music paths because I've checked all that?