Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421779 times)

Jevonite

Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #100 on: 2012-09-01 18:08:28 »
Well, to me I think it does two very useful things.

1) Compiles and organizes your mods.

2) Automates the installation.

This is what I was thinking. I used to really be into computers when I was young but I strayed away as I went down a different career path. As such I didn't so much as loose knowledge of computers as much as just didn't keep up with the technology. Trying to get back into them and learn more so that I can do things like my own modding on the side and play around with them. Having said all that thanks a ton for this program. It is extremely easy to use once I finally wrapped my brain around it.

N3r3o

« Reply #101 on: 2012-09-01 18:57:54 »
I'm running the downloaded version 2012 from SE website. I managed to install everything and the game looks awesome now and i love the difficulty mode. But, the FMV i think (cut scenes or movies) are gone. At the boot loader, i have specified the movie path to: C:\Game\FFVII\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies but nothing happens. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i'm going to do another installation to choose some other movie mods to see if it helps.

Baoulettes

« Reply #102 on: 2012-09-01 19:32:31 »
I got past my error by disabling all mods , now without any mods it hang at "Preparing chocobo.lgs ..." and since more than an hour now so :P

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012-09-02 00:52:08 »
I'm running the downloaded version 2012 from SE website. I managed to install everything and the game looks awesome now and i love the difficulty mode. But, the FMV i think (cut scenes or movies) are gone. At the boot loader, i have specified the movie path to: C:\Game\FFVII\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies but nothing happens. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i'm going to do another installation to choose some other movie mods to see if it helps.
It is normal that the functions you must first convert the old version of the 1998.
Here you will find all the instructions to convert even the program:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580 # msg183580

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2012-09-02 18:07:55 »
Hi, when will be released the new version of Bootleg?
The Bootleg 040?

P.S:You also know if there are any updated mod of the characters?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-02 18:13:41 by kanelakis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #105 on: 2012-09-02 18:48:38 »
Hi, when will be released the new version of Bootleg?
The Bootleg 040?

P.S:You also know if there are any updated mod of the characters?

There is no date right now. Make sure to stick around and be ready to help test when it finally releases  :)

P.S.S. I am keeping my eyes on this mod for the main characters: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13489.0

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012-09-02 19:09:19 »
P.S.S. I am keeping my eyes on this mod for the main characters: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13489.0
But this mod beta version is good for 039 Bootleg?

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #107 on: 2012-09-02 19:20:46 »
this mod has to be installed manually after running bootle 0039.
pitbrat does have a date in mind and hes doing what he can to stick to it.
from what i witnessed pitbrat seems pretty thorough and will include just about everything into bootleg

kanelakis

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012-09-02 20:04:24 »
this mod has to be installed manually after running bootle 0039.
pitbrat does have a date in mind and hes doing what he can to stick to it.
from what i witnessed pitbrat seems pretty thorough and will include just about everything into bootleg
How to unpack?
I have a tutorial that type Bootleg?

Diegfry

« Reply #109 on: 2012-09-05 12:17:29 »
Hi!

After a few days playing with no problems with the bootleg version, now the music sometimes runs down, if I restart the computer it usually works.

Any idea of what to do?

Thanks in advance

Tarrachal

« Reply #110 on: 2012-09-06 03:25:19 »
I have the 2012 re-release as well and I converted it to the older release and installed fine. I was blown away by the custom intro video as well as the quality of the regular videos and of course the field/battle/etc. picture quality. I, too, have the issue where I no longer see any movies. I also noticed that when I hit configure on bootloader it gives an unhandled (though continues to perform) and the box with the movie path blanks itself out each time as the user above said. I'm going to back up my saves and re-install and see how it goes.

As for Bootleg I got the all mods torrents but a few things were missing.  A few I grabbed no problem but "ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip Enhanced FMVs part 2 of 2" and "ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar Alternate for ff7_enhanced_movies_1.zip, Part 1 of 3" are yellow and both files have been removed from the hosting site. Are these related to the movie issue despite being shown in yellow?

Other than the minor hiccups the mods as well as the loader and installer are all amazing. It's very appreciated!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-09-06 05:04:19 »
@Diegfry

There have been reports of memory leaks, and since you have to restart to fix the issue, it could be related. The Bootleg team is only a handful of people, so it's very good that you report this stuff. The players are very much a part of polishing and helping develop the tool  :)

@Tarrachal

I have had that error with Bootloader as well. To be quite honest, it popped up a few times in all my installs (I've done probably close to 100 by now) but I never paid attention. What I have done every time I want to test something is uninstall FF7Music, uninstall FF7, then delete the junk folder of leftover mods, reboot, install clean FF7, install mods through Bootleg, Configure Bootloader, Play FF7 ---> all while keeping Anti-Virus disabled and never having anything (FF7 install or MODS) within a system folder (e.g. Program Files (x86) or Desktop). I will pass it along to PitBrat and see what he has to say.

As for those movies, they are made by Trojak however selecting his option in Bootleg does not seem to turn them red. In fact, none of the FMV options turn it red, so it may be 1 of 3 things.

1) A display bug within Bootleg.
2) A needed option from past Bootleg releases, but not anymore.
3) I'm stupid and don't really know what I'm talking about....

I will ask PitBrat. In the mean time, you can find download links here:

ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar - .part3.rar        Trojak          Enhanced Movie Pack 1 in 3 Parts        Qhimm 01 02 03 M01 M02 M03 M01 M02 M03

ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip                           Trojak          Another Movie Pack 2                    Qhimm FILE MIRROR

I think I may have someone make a new Torrent that includes all the missing yellow files. You never know what options people are choosing because the video I posted for converting doesn't go into details with the Bootleg install. The Bootleg install is where everyone is having issues and asking questions. Time to make a Tutorial video for installing Bootleg  :)

Tarrachal

« Reply #112 on: 2012-09-06 07:54:04 »
@Diegfry

There have been reports of memory leaks, and since you have to restart to fix the issue, it could be related. The Bootleg team is only a handful of people, so it's very good that you report this stuff. The players are very much a part of polishing and helping develop the tool  :)

@Tarrachal

I have had that error with Bootloader as well. To be quite honest, it popped up a few times in all my installs (I've done probably close to 100 by now) but I never paid attention. What I have done every time I want to test something is uninstall FF7Music, uninstall FF7, then delete the junk folder of leftover mods, reboot, install clean FF7, install mods through Bootleg, Configure Bootloader, Play FF7 ---> all while keeping Anti-Virus disabled and never having anything (FF7 install or MODS) within a system folder (e.g. Program Files (x86) or Desktop). I will pass it along to PitBrat and see what he has to say.

As for those movies, they are made by Trojak however selecting his option in Bootleg does not seem to turn them red. In fact, none of the FMV options turn it red, so it may be 1 of 3 things.

1) A display bug within Bootleg.
2) A needed option from past Bootleg releases, but not anymore.
3) I'm stupid and don't really know what I'm talking about....

I will ask PitBrat. In the mean time, you can find download links here:

ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar - .part3.rar        Trojak          Enhanced Movie Pack 1 in 3 Parts        Qhimm 01 02 03 M01 M02 M03 M01 M02 M03

ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip                           Trojak          Another Movie Pack 2                    Qhimm FILE MIRROR

I think I may have someone make a new Torrent that includes all the missing yellow files. You never know what options people are choosing because the video I posted for converting doesn't go into details with the Bootleg install. The Bootleg install is where everyone is having issues and asking questions. Time to make a Tutorial video for installing Bootleg  :)

Ya, I cleaned everything and re-installed. When I re-install with BFE.exe I no longer get a pop-up for selecting video or audio options though so maybe I didn't clean as well as I thought, (Registry maybe?) but it all still worked fine. I still get the unhandled exception when going into the loader (and when attempting to write to the .cfg) options but everything seems to be working again including videos. Thanks for the links, I'm gonna get those installed and see if it's any different.

Update - Movies worked until I quit the game and re-entered it. Now if I try to start a new game I get no movie again. Not sure if other movies work but I don't think so since this is what happened last time. Also, when I start a new game and it skips the movie the screen is all black but Barrett's text pops up as normal (something newcomer beside the train) but the screen stays black.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-06 20:31:25 by Tarrachal »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012-09-06 23:06:52 »
@Tarrachal

What FMV option are you selecting in Bootleg?

GrinningMonster

« Reply #114 on: 2012-09-07 08:16:41 »
Hi there, I just finished doing the install, running everything, etc. I have run into a wall when starting the game, though. If I try to get to the main menu from the loading/credits screen, it hangs, and then I get this error code from Windows when the game crashes:

Code: [Select]
Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: FF7.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 35feae6f
  Fault Module Name: FF7.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 35feae6f
  Exception Offset: 00513b35
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Data: 00000008
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 52d1
  Additional Information 2: 52d18ef64769b50b97b2eeee15476f9e
  Additional Information 3: e016
  Additional Information 4: e016fc082aafdf2c2c7d92ff65de73f5

Also, here's the APP.LOG info:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 4.2.11762 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1440x900, output resolution 1200x900, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153

INFO: yuv program link log:

set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception

I have the resolution in the bootloader set for 1440x900(native resolution for my monitor), but all of the other settings are exactly the same as yours. Any advice you can offer?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-07 08:54:37 by GrinningMonster »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012-09-07 14:18:08 »
@GrinningMonster

It says it could not open your ff7input.cfg. Can you tell me if you see that file in your FF7 installation folder.

GrinningMonster

« Reply #116 on: 2012-09-07 14:24:58 »
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 4.2.11762 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1440x900, output resolution 1200x900, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024

INFO: main program link log:

INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153

INFO: yuv program link log:

INFO: C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception

It happens with the file as well, as you can see.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-09-07 14:38:00 »
Well we now know it's exclusively the BEX error, so let's work with that. What operating system are you running? 32/64-bit?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-07 15:07:03 by EQ2Alyza »

GrinningMonster

« Reply #118 on: 2012-09-07 15:04:24 »
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Service Pack 1

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012-09-07 15:08:41 »
Is your game legit? (physical CD's or digital download)

I have to ask this because I am seeing a lot of BFE errors associated with cracked games.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012-09-07 15:41:37 »
You got a broken mod installed which is triggering DEP. Don't know which .exe mods you got installed but my guess would be DLPB's menu overhaul so try uninstalling that.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012-09-07 16:37:20 »
Yes, I see many of the DEP reports associated with cracked games. I wanted to make sure this wasn't the case, else we'd not be able to help.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012-09-07 16:45:54 »
I recall there being a DEP issue with the menu overhaul that wasn't fixed (as far as I know) in any of the new releases. I would not jump to the conclusion that its a pirated copy because of a DEP crash, plenty of other things could cause that.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012-09-07 16:52:54 »
I recall there being a DEP issue with the menu overhaul that wasn't fixed (as far as I know) in any of the new releases. I would not jump to the conclusion that its a pirated copy because of a DEP crash, plenty of other things could cause that.
Old versions of the menu overhaul did have a problem with DEP but i am pretty sure lusky fixed it in the lastest version.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012-09-07 16:58:49 »
Hopefully it is just the Menu Overhaul. There are solutions for other games with a DEP error / code C0005, so I was willing to give those a try.

I wasn't meaning to jump to a conclusion, but it had to be asked since the 2012 version was recently cracked.