Author Topic: Favorite Animes  (Read 8816 times)

Zackwell

• Venerable Malefactor
    • View Profile
Favorite Animes
« on: 2012-08-06 21:58:06 »
So guys, tell me.
What are your favorite animes? Be they series or film; tell away!

My personal favorites are the Type moon Animes; Particularly Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai.
They have such a beautifully grey-yet colourful way of looking at things like death and murder.
And if any of you understand what I mean; Kara no Kyoukai is one of the only animes that I consider to be 'beautiful'. Sure it's violent and otherwise distasteful; but the way it's executed in the films is just heartwrenching.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Favorite Animes
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-06 22:13:50 »
I'm more into comics and graphical novels, so Berserk. Or Vinland Saga.

For anime. Probably Grave of the Fireflies.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-06 22:22:47 »
full metal alchemist brotherhood and ruroni kenshin

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-06 22:24:20 »
Evangelion (eps 25-26 my favs)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-06 22:45:07 »
Oh, that's easy. Lupin III (in any form). Been my favorite for years, but I particularly like The Castle of Cagliostro. I'm also a big fan of the Arsene Lupin novels by Maurice Leblanc, that the anime was inspired by.

Aside from that? Haruhi Suzumiya, Dragon Ball Z, and Deadman Wonderland.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-06 23:37:09 »
A must watch: Death Note! Freaking love this anime, others well i would go with casual ones for you i guess like: Air gear, Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood (season 2), Dragonball Z, Beyblade (watch only the first 3 series metal fight series killed it lol) and Shaman King there are more but these i guess are ok for all ages excwpt full Metal and Death note
« Last Edit: 2012-08-11 23:17:53 by e1sunz »

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-07 00:25:51 »
Shigurui seen it yet? go watch it! :-P

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-07 00:32:38 »
Thanks Zendar! That's great!

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-07 07:14:24 »
Shonen: One Piece and Bleach, FMA, Soul Eater

Other: Neon Genensis Evangelion, Death Note, Bakuman, Slam Dunk, Tower of Druaga, Detroit Metal City, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, Samurai Champloo, Shigurui, Ghost Hound, Tokyo Magnitude 8, Cowboy Bebop, Alexander senki and many others...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-07 10:45:00 »
grammarnazion: the plural of anime is anime. the plural of manga is manga.
grammarnazioff.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-07 20:12:18 »
3x3 eyes, DBZ, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Neon Genensis Evangelion, Samurai Champloo, Akira, Claymore, Blood+, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

ProtoX

« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-07 21:34:26 »
Kenichi World's Mightiest Disiple, Bleach, Moble Suit G Gundum, Pokemon, My Brides A Mermaid, Lucky Star, Casherhan Sins, Evangilon Genisis, Sonic X(Japan Dub), Zoids Chaotic Century, and Full Metal Alchmest

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-08-10 01:22:10 »
I hadn't heard of Kara no Kyoukai. It sounds like something I'd really like, thanks.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: 2012-08-11 20:43:39 »
Shigurui seen it yet? go watch it! :-P

They made this for the telly? I've only read it (though it's not finished).

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-08-14 00:56:33 »
I hadn't heard of Kara no Kyoukai. It sounds like something I'd really like, thanks.

seen this one 5 times already and still loving it number 2 on my personal top 10

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-08-14 07:26:50 »
I never know how to answer this question.  Too many great ones to really pick favorites, I guess.

I mean, the original Ghost in the Shell has a spot, because when it was all shiny and new, I somehow stumbled over it and that was really my big intro to anime.  Plus the soundtrack and dark gritty theme are pretty schmexy.  :)

Then there's Bebop.  To me, there's a series you can point back to over and over when someone gets you to watch something that has no substance and say, "see how they did that?  THAT'S good anime."  It just has it all.. action, comedy, good characters, awesome jazz, some outside the box spins, and.. um.. Ed.  Whatever exactly we wanna classify Ed as.  ;)

Lupin III, proving that you can again have great comedy/action/romance anime and it doesn't necessarily have to be new.  The original is awesome, the new stuff is awesome, and has never managed to lose the feel.  Great show.

In no really special order... Hellsing, Nana, Trigun, Bakemonogatari (didn't like the followup Nisemonogatari as much, but watched it anyways), Fullmetal Alchemist, The 11eyes, Elfen Lied, Trinity Blood, Jinzo Ningen Kikaida, Bodacious Space Pirates, High School of the Dead, Love Hina, Fate.. Enjoyed all those for one reason or another, and I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch and there's still plenty more I haven't even seen yet both old and new.

I have a premium over on Crunchyroll, and I've got several qued up that I haven't had the time for and/or are just barely rolling out, so maybe I'll find some more for the list, but yeah..  So much good stuff out there.

Really, about all I can say is if you're still mostly watching English dubs, stop that.  ;)  While some of the fansubs are absolutely horrid (and sometimes flat out wrong), at least when you have the original Japanese voices, the emotive sense tends to fit properly.  Far too often the English speakers just fail completely to capture the proper feel for most of the characters, though admittedly, there's a few exceptions.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-08-14 20:18:47 »
Just finished watching Freezing great anime a female heroine finally but er they just had to stick some fan-service scenes into it -.- but don't worry luckily there ain't much lol
@Antonia
Crunchyroll is absoloute rubbish i cancelled my trial with them it ain't worth i think it was 15 quid a month was it? Anyways if you watch anime on your mobile like me there are plenty sites just google anime for iphone whatevz, i mainly use animebullet.com or animeshipuuden for mobile or realitylapse (many more some are even better but can't remember the site names) awesome anime sites dedicated to mobiles and of course all are free and they choose atleast decent sub from decent sub groups company unlike Crunchyroll ergh they're subs that they got are just plain bad lol
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 20:21:28 by e1sunz »

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012-08-14 21:27:19 »
@ e1sunz - I don't do mobile.  My eyes are getting a little older, and anime doesn't do it for me anymore on a 3" screen.  ;)

Anyways, I do have several alternate sources.  Not the least of which being a fairly large (and growing) DVD and Blu Ray collection of my own.  But yes, sometimes CR can be a bit... lacking in some areas, though it has been improving a bit I'd say, and almost all the new shows are available in 1080p, which you don't find as easy on most of the free sites.  At least, not the legal ones.  ;)

Also, one of the big factors that keeps me supporting them is that they have direct partnerships with many anime production houses as well as Japanese TV stations. 

More membership means the people in charge of whether or not many of the shows we love will ever get official, high production US / European releases see more $$$.

In short, it's my little part to try to help support the industry, I guess. :)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-08-14 23:53:07 »
Hmm true well i guess you are right :)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #20 on: 2012-08-16 15:05:00 »
Nice list Nightmarish ;)

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-08-16 21:50:13 »
I'm more into comics and graphical novels, so Berserk. Or Vinland Saga.

For anime. Probably Grave of the Fireflies.
Berserk for sure, wish they released the chapters faster though.

And One Piece and Hunter X Hunter at the moment :)

minmin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-08-16 22:42:23 »
I haven't watched much anime, but I really like Armored Trooper VOTOMS. I like a couple of the Gundam series too, not the original though.