Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838308 times)

KaosuReido

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9700 on: 2020-06-05 09:16:20 »
Something I have run into is the invisible buttons:

I remember reading an earlier post stating that they were going to potentially be fixed. It was a gamble, but I managed to get 10 points on the military send-off for Rufus! I wonder if I'm missing a pre-req for the mod...

[Edit]As a test, I installed the Enhanced Stock UI mod from the catalog and I do have buttons now. The User Interface mod may have caused it... not sure. I don't know if it's normal for the NT mod or if it's something from outside. For now, my problem is resolved.[/Edit]

Basically, the "all in one" mods in the 7th Heaven catalog still have to be updated manually on the back end, and they don't tend to get updated super fast. So for rapidly changing or developing mods, like New Threat and ESUI, it's better to just use their own specific IROs, instead of the all-in-one IROs.

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: 2020-06-05 14:57:33 »
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but what does killing Curator do?

Spoiler: show
Through pure dumb luck, I got Barret to 7777 Max HP during the Sister Ray section, so I decided to kick the ass of the guy who horribly murdered me when I was in Shinra Bldg. for the first time (I know, I ignored the warning, obviously).

Anyway, so I killed the guy, and the reward was.... Nothing!

And then I thought maybe it's a key item. But it's just nothing? So is it just for bragging rights?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: 2020-06-05 16:34:51 »
It's basically a bragging rights/troll boss! I know that seems harsh, but it'd be even harsher to hide something useful behind him when he's that hard to put down!

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: 2020-06-05 18:13:20 »
There seems to be a bug in materia growth. I killed a boss that yields 100,000 AP. I equipped some triple growth items to master a bunch of materia, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I did several experiments, all with the same outcome.

Cloud was equipped with a Precious Watch (shown as triple growth). In it is an Osmose (170,000 AP to master). After the fight it has gained 103,392 AP (???), with 66,608 to go.

Tifa was equipped with a normal growth armor with an HP Absorb (100.000 AP to master). After the fight it has gained 34,464 AP, with 65,536 (2^16, but that may be a conincidence lol) to go. Well, at least the 34,464 is consistent with 103,392 / 3.

So my next thought was that maybe AP is shared over the three characters, so I did the same with 1 character dead. AP gained is exactly the same. So I did another test. I went to the crater and fought a dragon. He yielded 5,700 AP. I checked the Osmose materia on Cloud, which was now at 120,492 AP (so 103,392 + 3*5,700). So triple growth seems to work as expected, and AP is not shared.

Anyway, now I'm stumped. Any insights?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: 2020-06-05 18:47:36 »
2.0 when, FF7 remake didn't do it for me. Keep up the great work sega hope you can continue on FF8 aswell, much love

Still needs a bit of time.

There seems to be a bug in materia growth. I killed a boss that yields 100,000 AP. I equipped some triple growth items to master a bunch of materia, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I did several experiments, all with the same outcome.

Cloud was equipped with a Precious Watch (shown as triple growth). In it is an Osmose (170,000 AP to master). After the fight it has gained 103,392 AP (???), with 66,608 to go.

Tifa was equipped with a normal growth armor with an HP Absorb (100.000 AP to master). After the fight it has gained 34,464 AP, with 65,536 (2^16, but that may be a conincidence lol) to go. Well, at least the 34,464 is consistent with 103,392 / 3.

So my next thought was that maybe AP is shared over the three characters, so I did the same with 1 character dead. AP gained is exactly the same. So I did another test. I went to the crater and fought a dragon. He yielded 5,700 AP. I checked the Osmose materia on Cloud, which was now at 120,492 AP (so 103,392 + 3*5,700). So triple growth seems to work as expected, and AP is not shared.

Anyway, now I'm stumped. Any insights?

I think there's an upper limit on what AP received can actually be; it's a 2-byte value initially so the max I can set on my end is 65535 per enemy. But the max range for the value when modifiers are applied, and when all enemy AP is counted together, I'm unsure. So what might be happening is, the value is hitting the max that can be stored for calculation and then overflowing back to 00 and counting back up from there.

I'll need to go through and set AP for the end-game bosses so that this can't occur.

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9705 on: 2020-06-06 08:19:23 »

I think there's an upper limit on what AP received can actually be; it's a 2-byte value initially so the max I can set on my end is 65535 per enemy. But the max range for the value when modifiers are applied, and when all enemy AP is counted together, I'm unsure. So what might be happening is, the value is hitting the max that can be stored for calculation and then overflowing back to 00 and counting back up from there.

I'll need to go through and set AP for the end-game bosses so that this can't occur.

Yeah that actually makes sense. Tifa got (100,000 MOD 2^16) = 100,000 AND (2^16)-1 = 34,464. Cloud got that before modifiers, which then got tripled. This was the Round Island boss, so technically it's two bosses. Does that mean they are both worth 50k to stay under the 2^16 limit? In that case, is it possible to resolve the AP of each enemy separately instead of accumulating it first and then evaluating? And since it's possible for the accumulated value to exceed 2^16 (as shown by Clouds final AP gained), is it not possible to count large values as a multiplier?

Either way, thanks for the insight. I'll continue playing now :)

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: 2020-06-07 03:51:12 »
Hello Sega Chief, thank you for this awesome project, it is the best in gameplay. Can I ask you if you can tell me, please, if there is a form to delete de Enhanced Save File? I like to play with the normal save mechanic, can it be possible?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: 2020-06-07 04:23:46 »
You won't want that. I don't know how far in you are, but after the Mythril mines, the question marks become the only way to increase your character's stats. Sure, you'll have more HP as you level up, but that will be IT, and your Strength, Vitality, etc will all stay at their default values, which will make anything after the midpoint of disk 1 VERY difficult.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: 2020-06-07 04:28:41 »
Oh I didn't know that, then I will keep as it is, thank you Emperor for the tip.

Ozscar

• View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: 2020-06-07 13:17:51 »
So I have just done the side quest at Da-Chao statue, but when the battle is over I don't have the materia... it's not in my inventory anywhere. Not the most important materia by any means, but just a heads up.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: 2020-06-07 14:13:31 »
Hello Sega Chief, thank you for this awesome project, it is the best in gameplay. Can I ask you if you can tell me, please, if there is a form to delete de Enhanced Save File? I like to play with the normal save mechanic, can it be possible?

Not sure what you mean. The process to save is the same between vanilla and NT, taking the same amount of time. When you bump into a save point just open the menu and save the game.

So I have just done the side quest at Da-Chao statue, but when the battle is over I don't have the materia... it's not in my inventory anywhere. Not the most important materia by any means, but just a heads up.

The script seems to be in order, it has a check if materia inventory is full and the dropped Materia is the listed one. You're sure that Steal As Well isn't in there somewhere?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: 2020-06-07 16:57:19 »
I've updated everything; I added a new IRO that is a stand-alone for costume/model swaps. If it works, then I'm going to remove it from the NT IROs, makes more sense that way for it to be its own IRO.

Changes - 7th June
-) Adjusted Mu's LV Suicide Chance
-) Valron only self-targets with Wall when a Chocobo is present.
-) Double-checked Aeris flag for Midgar

Vanilla
-) Corrected battle IDs for Corel Train

TheTallMass

• View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: 2020-06-07 18:06:59 »
I've updated everything; I added a new IRO that is a stand-alone for costume/model swaps. If it works, then I'm going to remove it from the NT IROs, makes more sense that way for it to be its own IRO.

Changes - 7th June
-) Adjusted Mu's LV Suicide Chance
-) Valron only self-targets with Wall when a Chocobo is present.

Vanilla
-) Corrected battle IDs for Corel Train
What's the Aeris flag for Midgar?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: 2020-06-07 20:07:20 »
What's the Aeris flag for Midgar?

She was appearing somewhere she shouldn't be.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: 2020-06-07 22:18:13 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7X81crXEdY

Am I wrong in thinking Venus Gospels life steal is a little too strong?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: 2020-06-08 00:21:12 »

I think you need to update your version of NT, last I checked there's supposed to be 4 special matches!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: 2020-06-08 00:23:01 »

Nah, it's been brought up a fair few times. I need to do something about the drain flag in general, it'd be nice if it was 10% or something.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: 2020-06-08 01:37:54 »
Not sure what you mean. The process to save is the same between vanilla and NT, taking the same amount of time. When you bump into a save point just open the menu and save the game.

I was meant by the design, I just don't like a lot of pop ups messages to invade the screen everytime I touch a save icon, but as Emperor says it is necessary to make my characters stronger later in the game so it is good :)
By any means if you don't bother about a comment or request, if you could make an alternative save mechanism in the term of pop up messages I would really appreciate it. Like only pop up the upgrade characters and delete the ones that modify random battles, tent, and music preferences. But it is just an opinion, in any case thank you for this awesome work.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: 2020-06-08 01:59:48 »
I think you need to update your version of NT, last I checked there's supposed to be 4 special matches!

It's an old file. Once I beat the remaining two super bosses (a certain underwater creature and a certain white chocobo) I'll be doing another play through on an updated patch. Hadn't experienced Mr. Smile prior to this file so a few characters stats are a bit messy anyways.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: 2020-06-08 02:16:19 »
I was meant by the design, I just don't like a lot of pop ups messages to invade the screen everytime I touch a save icon, but as Emperor says it is necessary to make my characters stronger later in the game so it is good :)
By any means if you don't bother about a comment or request, if you could make an alternative save mechanism in the term of pop up messages I would really appreciate it. Like only pop up the upgrade characters and delete the ones that modify random battles, tent, and music preferences. But it is just an opinion, in any case thank you for this awesome work.

Fair enough; in my 2.0 build that I'm working on I've actually went back to the original Save Point message with a prompt inside it to open the extended menu options. That way it behaves like a vanilla save point unless that button is pressed.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9720 on: 2020-06-08 04:15:34 »
Thank you so much Chief, and keep the good work, thanks again.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: 2020-06-08 09:14:24 »
It's an old file. Once I beat the remaining two super bosses (a certain underwater creature and a certain white chocobo) I'll be doing another play through on an updated patch. Hadn't experienced Mr. Smile prior to this file so a few characters stats are a bit messy anyways.
Are you putting that run on Youtube as well?

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: 2020-06-08 16:37:12 »
Hello again, sorry to ask Sega, but I was wondering if you could please make the enemies harder in terms of stats, can you increase their stats? I just have many easy battles, can you agree that please?

If not, is this mod compatible with the Hardcore to match in a same playthrough?

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: 2020-06-08 17:43:53 »
Are you putting that run on Youtube as well?

Uuuh... Maybe? I'm kinda terrible at the game so if you're looking for guides on the bosses there's better videos out there for that. Maybe I'll run it on Arranged mode next time, I'm not against the idea. Was streaming this file to a couple people because they wanted to see the Old FF7 story after Remake came out.

Hello again, sorry to ask Sega, but I was wondering if you could please make the enemies harder in terms of stats, can you increase their stats? I just have many easy battles, can you agree that please?

If not, is this mod compatible with the Hardcore to match in a same playthrough?

You'll have to tolerate being as strong as you were upon leaving Midgar in disc one. For the entire game. But you can just NEVER take sources from Mr. Smile, if you want more challenge in raw stats.

If anything I'm glad one of the super bosses has such little HP, due to his RNG chance to just wipe your party with no way to stop that. He almost did it to me here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-ppY7zNU4
« Last Edit: 2020-06-08 17:50:25 by Saberfrost »

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: 2020-06-08 18:03:52 »
Thank you for the answer, maybe I need to finish the game until I make an opinion, it seems this mod is going to be harder later, hope it does.