Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

FF7:Remake OST in FF7 PC proof of concept

(1/5) > >>

Meteormancer:
Hello,

I took it upon myself to make some loopable ogg files of certain songs from the FF7 remake so that I could play FF7 PC with that music. I also want to play with New Threat mod so I installed that first so I could modify the files necessary to have the music play when I want to.

So far I have done the following oggs. I would upload them somewhere but I imagine that might not be allowed to post a link like that.

pre.ogg
oa.ogg
ob.ogg
bat.ogg
chu.ogg
makoro.ogg
fan2.ogg
over2.ogg

Basically the music played during "the demo." I used comical.ogg to insert a track that's not in the original: the sentinal scorpion battle music.

For the opening movie I had to basically edit the movie's audio track to insert the FF7:Remake version. I also had to cut that track to size so it sounds a little rough. If I had the audio track of both the opening movie with just the SFX and a track of the music WITHOUT the SFX, I could smooth it out.

Here is a proof of concept video. Sorry the bottom is cut off I can't use OBS properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKbyeyPSR10

I guess my number one question is can I expand the music list in Makou Reactor so I can add the "environmental battle music" that's present in FF7:Remake? Also, is comical.ogg the only unused ogg in the game that can be referenced?

Thank you for taking the time to check this out.

Fewtch:
I too have wondered if extra tracks not in the original could be made to play during specific scenes. Can anyone chime in with what they know about this?

obesebear:
You might check out the Ultrasound program, I think it's designed to allow extra audio scripting

Fewtch:

--- Quote from: DLPB on 2020-05-11 03:20:06 ---The Reunion R06 (soon to be released R06f) allows up to 65535 sound effects and 255 musics. They can be added as easily as changing code in flevel with Makou for example.

--- End quote ---
But then you'd have to use The Reunion

Rcarlucci:
The new music your putting into your game I think is awesome, did u not need permission to use it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version